Author Topic: Legacy Mail-Away Eopie with Qui-Gon Jinn  (Read 15431 times)

Online Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Legacy Mail-Away Eopie with Qui-Gon Jinn
« on: February 14, 2009, 03:47 PM »
One of the first reports from Toy Fair. Looks like this will be a promotion for this year. More info to come, I guess. Kinda of an odd mail-away. I wonder what needs to be done to send in for it?

Credit Goes to Bantha Skull for the first scoop
« Last Edit: July 7, 2009, 01:24 PM by Jeff »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
Re: Mail-Away Eopie
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 04:00 PM »
Awesome.  As long as it's the same as the one that came with Qui-Gon eons ago, which most US collectors never had the chance to get, I think it's awesome.  But does Qui-Gon come with it?  And is it one of those UPC collect-to-get dealies?
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 04:19 PM »
I recently spent about $50 on an Eopie on eBay because it was one of the last figures that I didn't have. 

So the part of me that paid $50 for one sort of hopes this one is different.  But the part of me that's not an ******* hopes it's the same so no one else has to do what I did.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 04:19 PM by Rob »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 05:05 PM »
Unexpected and awesome news! Looking forward to more details. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Guardian
  • i stay down with my demons
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 05:54 PM »
So the part of me that paid $50 for one sort of hopes this one is different. 

The 10th Anniversary TPM mail-awat Eopie is a repaint.. and it comes with EVO Qui-Gon, so it has a differnt pack-in figure.  ;)

I wonder what needs to be done to send in for it?

There will be stickers in the 2009 TPM wave of figures - use the stickers to send away for the Eopie.  :)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
Follow me on Twitter - @jedidefender / @jlsmentek

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 06:55 PM »
That's cool.  So hopefully, it's just the extra shipping and handling (besides the figures for the stickers) that we'll have to pay for to get this set.  Wonder what that will be.   :)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 07:56 PM »
Rob-I bought this back around 2001 for 45.00 or so, open, at a collector shop.  I don't regret it!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 08:21 PM »
Sounds kind of cool for a mail-away.  I always sort of hoped to pick one of these up, but figured I wouldn't be able to aside from a re-release - so its a nice surprise for the TPM 10th Anniversary.  I'd be buying the wave anyways, so its nice to have the bonus (with shipping of course).

Online Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I like big books and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
    • http://darby-harn.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 09:45 PM »
I've been waiting for them to do this since 2000 (well, maybe not this exactly, but redo the Eopie) so I'm excited.  I will need two - one for QG, and one for Obi in ROTS.  Hopefully the stickers are generic (I sense many Gungans in my future...)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi General
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 10:12 AM »
Awesome, though I have the original loose.  Wonder if it will bring the pice of the original down so I can get one in E1 packaging.
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 10:47 AM »
Yeah, I'm gonna need a few of these. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Knight
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 01:08 PM »
Getting it solely for the Eopie. I wish I would have known about this a year ago so I wouldn't have dropped $20+ on that Evolution set solely for the Qui-Gon, I would have just waited and gotten it here.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 03:43 PM »
I didn't see details on the promotion - anyone know how many stickers you need to get this and how much we'll have to pay for S&H?  I can just see this being ten stickers and $10-15 shipping or more given what we had to pay for Rex.   :P
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 08:34 PM »
This just seems really odd for a mail away type offer..

There will be stickers in the 2009 TPM wave of figures - use the stickers to send away for the Eopie.  :)

Hasbro's last mail away was for GI Joe Doc with stickers from the comic packs.  Most of you probably don't know all the drama behind that, but I hope Hasbro has learned a lesson - even though that left a very bad taste in many collector's mouths.  Hopefully this comes with a small brown piece of shiny plastic though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 12:23 AM »
This just seems really odd for a mail away type offer..

Hasbro's last mail away was for GI Joe Doc with stickers from the comic packs.  Most of you probably don't know all the drama behind that, but I hope Hasbro has learned a lesson - even though that left a very bad taste in many collector's mouths.  Hopefully this comes with a small brown piece of shiny plastic though.

What happened with the Joe packs?