Author Topic: CW "Ambush on the Vulture's Claw" Battle Pack  (Read 8611 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: CW "Ambush on the Vulture's Claw" Battle Pack
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 03:21 AM »
I was looking for this on my toy run this afternoon.  And there was no sign of this at any of the stores I hit, despite Clone Wars having a significant presence at almost every store I visited.

When exactly is this set hitting shelves? And, considering the prices for Battle Packs have taken a significant hike since 2007, would this set do well at retail? it's obviously very kid-centered, but it'll surely make its way to some collector's collections. But Battle Packs at some stores are shelf warmers.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 01:08 PM »
I came across three of these sets yesterday and missed the Gunship Pods (seeing one loser who stalks every store in the area walk away with one.) I picked up one for the Trandosian despite me not collecting animated figures I really like him and he looked real enough to add to my collection. He will be a fat drunk in my Cantina.

With Willrow coming soon I am really digging all of the pot bellied figures in the line. They look great as ordinary unheroic characters to compliment dioramas.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 02:01 AM »
With Willrow coming soon I am really digging all of the pot bellied figures in the line. They look great as ordinary unheroic characters to compliment dioramas.

Don't let Willrow hear that!  ;) Ya gotta give the ICMG some love! He's finally gona hit shelves!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 02:02 AM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 04:26 AM »
Finally scored this set yesterday.  I was a little surprised to see TRU getting some new stock.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 11:42 AM »
Around here (Central VA) TRU is the only retail outlet stocking those 2 new BP's. I haven't seen a single one show up at Target yet.

I really want to know what is up with the Rishi Moon Outpost Attack BP...that thing was due 8/7 and I haven't heard ANYTHING about it recently.

BTW, awesome forum...this is the third one I have joined in as many weeks and am psyched to be here!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 12:36 PM »
Finally scored this set yesterday.  I was a little surprised to see TRU getting some new stock.

Yeah out of all places TRU was the last place I expected to come across it....3 times.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/