Author Topic: SDCC'09 Exclusives  (Read 19351 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: SDCC Exclusives
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 04:50 PM »
Check out the arms they look a little longer but the more obvious difference is on the white "block" on the forearm. The previous version does not have that detail, at the very least the forearm is new. As far as the torso goes the neckline looks higher and the sides of it look cleaner than the previous version. This could be the angle however the forearm detail looks sculpted and not painted over which makes me think/supports they used some more "new" parts besides that one. It also perfectly match the reference pic with that detail.
LMK your thoughts.

The white block was on the WM Droidfactory version/SL version too. It was painted differently on the original VOTC figure.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 04:51 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 09:51 PM »
So they release Red Leader with the short Luke body, but now they're giving Luke the proper X-Wing pilot (taller than him) body? I don't get it (if this does end up being the case). ???
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 09:51 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 10:11 AM »
They're not. The carded picture clearly shows that it's the VOTC Luke torso, not the Vakil torso.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 12:58 PM »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2009, 01:24 PM »
^ I'm very excited about not needing one of those.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2009, 01:41 PM »
Looks a little bland, especially the white area behind the figure. Too bad they didn't incorporate a scene backdrop like the OTC/TSC cards had.  :-\
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 01:41 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2009, 02:54 PM »
Looks a little bland, especially the white area behind the figure. Too bad they didn't incorporate a scene backdrop like the OTC/TSC cards had.  :-\

No kidding. That sure is one boring looking card. I didn't like the Legacy cards, and these new ones suck too. I really liked the 30AC cards and the old OTC cards, it's too bad they didn't go back to that.
"This is the way."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2009, 11:18 PM »
The area behind the figure should have a solid color in it that contrasts the figure.  If the back had been dark blue, the white figure would have been silhouetted against it.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2009, 10:26 AM »
^ I'm very excited about not needing one of those.

You took the words right out of my mouth.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2009, 02:01 PM »
I wish I could say the same. I want three of them and I think that's going to end up being a pain in the arse.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2009, 02:04 PM »
I have zero desire for the stormtrooper.  However, I would like the Luke.  I just don't want to pay $15-$20 for him.  But I've been whining about exclusive prices for years so it's no surprise now.  Hell I don't even like paying $7.50 at retail.  Hence one of the reasons I've really scaled back.  

However, I  do not give a crap that they did not give us both ladders.  I never even knew there was a red one.  For some reason I just remember a yellow one.  For $15 though they could have added it I suppose.  I actually think this is a decent "exclusive" as far as exclusives go.  At least he was in the movie and actually did have a big smile going on.  I like this better than silver-paint dipped sandtroopers or Vaders.  Everyone would have cried (and did if I remember correctly) had this been released at retail.  Could there have been something "cooler"?  Hell yeah I guess.  

In the end I probably will skip it though.  Again I just can't bring myself to pay $20 for an alternate smiling head and ladder.  I guess it's somewhat disappointing but at least it's an exclusive and not something you have to buy to get the missing part to a build-a-droid you may want.

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2009, 02:11 PM »
The ladder and Luke pilot will almost certainly reappear later, though maybe not together.  Probably in the Legends line, maybe in a multipack.  The Trooper is a big yawn for me as I don't play games.  He look like something I'd expect to see in the early episodes of the Live Action series, as the transition continues between the ROTS CTs and ANH's STs. 

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2009, 06:56 PM »
The ladder is included in the upcoming Wedge X-Wing set, so they are already putting it to use. I need to get two Lukes to have a ladder for my Red Leader X-Wing.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC'09 Exclusives
« Reply #43 on: May 1, 2009, 10:13 AM »
I'd only get more than one Luke, just for the ladders, if on the last day of comic-con they lowered the price to get rid of a bunch.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: SDCC'09 Exclusives
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 12:49 AM »
New pics:

My favorite is the cardback, which clearly shows Luke standing on the RED pilot ladder with the YELLOW tech ladder in the background.  Oh well, at least we're getting one of the ladders with the figure, which is better than nothing.   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender