Author Topic: Target Exclusive Japanese Remote Control Droids  (Read 11324 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Target Exclusive Japanese Remote Control Droids
« on: February 15, 2009, 12:16 AM »
From Rebelscum:

This makes my day... I only have one of them and recently decided I wanted to pick up the rest, but they're going for $25 or so each on eBay at the moment.  I wonder if R4-P17 will show up.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 11:25 AM by Jeff »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Japanese Remote Control Droids coming to Target
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 12:24 AM »
I was surprised by this as well. I know SWS.com has been selling them for ever but I stopped picking them up after the first few.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 12:35 AM »
Ack!  I still have four left to unload.  Gotta get em up on the bay before everyone is aware. 

$25 isn't really a lot for them either.  My cost was about $18 on them, so not that bad. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 10:21 AM »
Interesting. I was tempted to pick these up, but the slight over-scale held (holds) me back. I'm sure I'll pick up one just to play with. I wonder how much they'll retail for.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 12:08 PM »
Ack!  I still have four left to unload.  Gotta get em up on the bay before everyone is aware. 

$25 isn't really a lot for them either.  My cost was about $18 on them, so not that bad. 

It's not a ton, but for the 4 I'm missing I don't really want to spend $100 plus shipping.  My hope is that they were only that price because they were exclusive to a country half way around the world, and once they show up here they're be more like $10 or $15 - and without international shipping charges to boot.

Sounds like they'll be $16.99
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 12:26 PM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 01:36 AM »
Just a remind that our DPCI we scooped a little while ago was speculated that it could be these droids actually.  Kudos to whoever said they thought that...  I forget who now.  It was a good guess!

I'm happy about these too as I just have R2, but love him.  I'll gladly nab all 3 for that price.  They'll fill in nicely and the RC action is sorta fun at times, actually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 01:57 AM »
I have a couple and think they're great!  My nephew thought they were fun to play with on his last visit, so I got him one of his own.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 09:29 AM »
I just have the first R2 as well, and I really like it too.  I held off on the others due to price, but they are pretty nifty.  I could see them doing pretty well at retail, if the price isn't too high.  I might consider picking up another one or two, it all depends on the budget.  I'm definitely glad I have the R2 though.  I could see kids getting a kick out of it, I know our nephews think the one I have is pretty nifty.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 03:13 PM »
Since I have all of these, including the "clear" one that was released for Celebration Japan - I'm going to pass on these. The only thing that may prompt me to buy one is if they release a new astromech that Tomy never released, but I doubt that will happen.

It will be interesting to see if the packaging is the same but with new graphics or a completely new design.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 03:20 PM »
I'll bite as long as Hasbro doesn't plan on doing this to every droid repaint.  Never picked up any of the Tomy versions.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 03:37 PM »
Woot! I'm getting one of each of these. I missed them the first go around. Just wish they were not a Target exclusive.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 05:30 PM »
It will be interesting to see if the packaging is the same but with new graphics or a completely new design.

Looks like it's all-new packaging for these.  For whatever reason, I haven't bought any of these little Japanese droids yet, but now that they are coming to Target I'll probably grab R2-D2 at the very least...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 08:29 PM »
The first R2 was the only one I bought from sws.com, but I never opened it, and now I can't seem to find it.  I'm glad there are some other ones coming out and available at a store close by.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 10:00 PM »

Looks like it's all-new packaging for these.  For whatever reason, I haven't bought any of these little Japanese droids yet, but now that they are coming to Target I'll probably grab R2-D2 at the very least...

Thanks for the package shots Jeff!  I might pick a few of these up - I'm a little dissapointed to have paid the higher price on SWshop.com to get the foreign versions long ago, but oh well. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 05:17 PM »

I guess based on the packaging these are going to be shipping before the transition to the new line look.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback