Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 8 (aka 2009 Wave 5)  (Read 8482 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 8 (aka 2009 Wave 5)
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 05:11 PM »
The new CW figures are a bitch to find.  Spending the extra $5 for shipping is awfully tempting.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 05:29 PM »
I tend to wait for sales if I really want it for parts...  K-Mart running two $4.99 figure sales back-to-back was a help too.  I got Dooku and Ventress on pricematch for that, just for their sabers and the holo-figures which I felt were "good enough" for realistic figures.

Bane...  I may pay full price for actually.  That's my dilemma really.  I think I haven't bought anything full price that's animated so far, except IG-86 which I really feel is good enough for the realistic line.  I'd like more Clones for the rocket launcher, but even at $5 that's not worth the cost by a longshot. 

I just sort of stand back and admire the animated guys for their sculpts...  If I see something I can use, great, but generally I find the figures not so great for customizing.  Bane may be an exception though, as the alien physique lends itself a little better to less animated and more realistic looking.  His over-the-top slight build hampers that though.  I'm thinking a ST figure as a base with various parts from Bane though, could make a good realistic one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 10:18 PM »
I hear that.  There are a few CW figures I want to get but all I can find are IG droids.

I see tons and tons of about 5-6 differnet figures, but really not a good selection to speak of.  I don't collect the line, but I admit there are a few that I like and have bought.

I'm thinking with Bane, some legs from Trinto Duaba might work out for an easy kit bash.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 05:51 PM »
We've got a big gallery on the front page of carded shots, including the first of Trooper Denal and Space Suit Ahsoka as well.  Head on out and check them out! :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: July 6, 2009, 04:08 AM »
So with the other images surfacing it was inevitable we'd see a new one of Anakin loose... 

Head on to the front page to check him out.  Slick figure, but I'm still kind of curious how the whole "Jedi Robes in Space" thing is gonna work.  Odd.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 11:55 AM »
Received Cad Bane from Malaysia yesterday.  Nice paint ops and detail but no articulated knees.

These CW figures are so small and thin, the least they could do for $8 and change is give us decent articulation.

Smaller than Legacy, no pack ins, crap for articulation, and the same price as the Legacy assortment?!

I smell greed.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 10:29 PM »
Smaller than Legacy, no pack ins, crap for articulation, and the same price as the Legacy assortment?!

I smell greed.

Totally!

Supposedly the reason is that they include spring-loaded weapons. That's the justification for the CW figures having the same price-point as the Legacy and Legends figures. I think Legends being the same price as Legacy is a rip-off too.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 08:09 AM »
Speaking from my many horrible years of working at Target. Unless Hasbro had the packaging for each line totally different, you can't have different price points on each line because as we all know the stuff mixes together, people would question prices, and it would be a giant pain. Too bad for Target maybe, but that's why they'd never do it in my opinion.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2009, 10:02 AM »
Speaking from my many horrible years of working at Target. Unless Hasbro had the packaging for each line totally different, you can't have different price points on each line because as we all know the stuff mixes together, people would question prices, and it would be a giant pain. Too bad for Target maybe, but that's why they'd never do it in my opinion.

I totally understand Nick - I worked retail too. I could only imagine the questions and complaints when a figure on a $6.99 peg rings up as $7.99.

I think that if CW and Saga Legends are both selling "so well" then Hasbro should be able to use the fact that the Saga Legends gives them enough profit to keep the overall cost of the figures down.

The figures should still be $6.99 each, not increased to $7.99 each.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!