Author Topic: TLC "Geonosis Assault" Battle Pack  (Read 16056 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
TLC "Geonosis Assault" Battle Pack
« on: February 16, 2009, 12:09 PM »
I didn't see a thread on this but felt it deserved one... feel free to mod/lock/whatever if need be.

So we're finally getting a scaled turret gun for the Gunship... I personally think this is a great idea for a Battle Pack. The Evolutions Clone Pilots were awesome, and the extras that we know we'll all have can easily be converted to regular Clones. That gun looks amazing, hopefully it fits well with the Gunship!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: TLC "Geonosis Assault" Battle Pack
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 12:25 PM »
The mounts for the new turret are interesting too...  They don't look like they'd fit a current Gunship, but I could be wrong.  They just look a bit larger to me...  Maybe a bit larger Gunship is coming?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 12:39 PM »
I think it's a very neat idea and it'll be interesting to see if it fits in the Gunship.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 12:44 PM »
Going to cost a pretty penny to outfit all of my Gunships.  Very nice piece though.  I'm having a brain fart, but aren't there also clones in the wing turret things as well?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 01:25 PM »
Yes.  If you look closely you can see their seats are in the pods...  I'm guessing the Troopers are to sit in them, though I think the troopers in the movie didn't have pilot buckets on IIRC.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 01:58 PM »
The presentation said that it fits all previous and future gunships.  I don't have any gunships, but if I did, I could see buying two packs per gunship then you would could fill the gunner stations and the pilot seats.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 02:09 PM »
I can see that the chair doesn't follow the movie high motor bike style, but instead of a low gamer recliner...Maight be due to the nature of the figures, wich wouldn't open the legs wide while in sitting position(PS: I could be wrong,cuz the angle of the photo).... still its an awesome turret. 

I share your quriosity about the size,& if will or not fit to the previous Gunships. if not I hope its cuz we would get Larger ones, and hopefuly it will open the back door as well.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 01:32 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 03:45 PM »
I'll be getting two for the Gunship sets for sure! About darn time we get the gunner turrets.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re:
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 03:48 PM »
The turret BP, awesome idea. Really. I think it's been confirmed that there are two turrets in the pack as well.

I am not sure it comes with two, I would hope so. Any confirmation on this or is this a future Q&A question?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 09:20 AM »
Great looking set. Not sure if I'll get one of four sets yet (since I have four gunships.)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 09:26 AM »
The turret BP, awesome idea. Really. I think it's been confirmed that there are two turrets in the pack as well.

I am not sure it comes with two, I would hope so. Any confirmation on this or is this a future Q&A question?

The answer came from Daryl Priest at some type of Q&A at TF. The threads at Scum have more details. If I find it, I'll direct link it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 05:32 PM »
Great looking set. Not sure if I'll get one of four sets yet (since I have four gunships.)

You'll need 8 sets if you want to fully arm your gunships. Hasbro says that the BP only comes with the one Turret.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 05:32 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 06:33 PM »
This is going to get expensive.  I've got at least 6 Gunships, and I'd really like to have ball turrets for all of them.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 07:12 PM »
Eesh! So now this BP is going to have 2 figures and only 1 turret? The turret can't be much larger than the Probe Droid that came with the Hoth BP and I can't see that it is worth 2 figures. But I really shouldn't complain as I don't own any of the Gunships and won't buy any.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 07:57 PM »
Yup....This is a slap in the face to many of us who own a Gunship - if not most of us who own multiples.  Hasbro seems REALLY money hungry this year.  Blame this on oil and economy all you want, but you're still milking us for more than this stuff is worth.  Bumping up the price and giving us less?

bastards.   >:(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN