Author Topic: TX-130 Saber class fighter tank-PLEASE!  (Read 6111 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
TX-130 Saber class fighter tank-PLEASE!
« on: March 10, 2008, 03:54 PM »
I can't recall if this has been covered before, but I'd personally like to see the TX-130 Saber class fighter tank made.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/tx130tank/
http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/tx130tank/img/eu_bg.jpg

There are three known color schemes to this that would work to your favor Hasbro since there is an opportunity for reissues with different paint jobs. First there is the one with red markings (Republic era), then a more generic all grey one (transitional/Empire era), then the more advanced one with blue markings (Empire era and later video games).

This could fit at the least 3 clones. So that means more figure sales as well. There isn't many "working" parts other than the turret and the "wings" to the side. Even there, you, Hasbro,  could cheap out and mold them in the attack position (fixed so that the side "wings" wouldn't swivel).

It's certainly something in the $20 price range which fits your business model for vehciles/ships.

I've been taking some measurements based off the size as posted on starwars.com's databank. The toy in scale with an AOTC clone would be:

16.75 in long
6.25 in wide and
a little over 4 inches tall
(It's quite a flattish ship, though it does hover above the ground)

This is very doable I would think for starfighter scale.

Though when I drew out the dimensions it seems to me to be too skinny width wise.

So something a little more squarish width and length would work. I'm thinking 12in long by 8 in wide, and keeping the 4in height.

That's definitely in size with the starfighters and not much out of scale. Considering the slim height of this, it would be easy to put several on a store shelf and they won't take up much room on the shelf as well as a person's private collection.

Also, it would only fit 3 clones inside, however you could mold pegs on the outside of the tank to allow for 4 more clones to "ride," 2 on each side. Though please put the pegs in somewhat conspicuous areas so they don't detract from the look of the vehicle.

Again, with no less than three paint schemes, this could be a winner for you.

Also, it's been in several games and novels, so it truly has merit:
Star Wars: The Clone Wars game (First appearance)
Star Wars Republic: The Siege of Saleucami novel
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novel
Star Wars: Battlefront game (Hey, if you can make a Rebel Vanguard figure, then why not this vehicle?)
Star Wars: Battlefront II game
Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron game

It's very much an action oriented vehicle.
And dare I say it, you could adapt it to the G.I.Joe line as well!

So what do you say Hasbro?

Respectfully submitted,
-Sal
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 03:55 PM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TX-130 Saber class fighter tank-PLEASE!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 09:14 AM »
If I hadn't played the game, I wouldn't be so hip to it. But since I have, bring it on, it's a cool tank.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 10:33 AM »
Sign me up for one!  I've been trying to find the right parts to put together to make one.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 02:17 PM »
I think that if this vehicle makes it into the new animated series, it's chances of being made climb dramatically.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 11:06 AM »
This is another vehicle that I feel is long overdue. Unfortunately, it does not look like it will happen anytime soon. It's looking like these tanks do not appear in the animated Clone Wars movie, but hopefully the series or film will surprise us. I've always enjoyed this vehicle, but the lack of appearances really sucks. It always seemed like a combination of the Naboo Speeder (Gian, maybe) and the AT-ST. Sure would make a nice command vehicle for Jedi/Clone Commanders, though.

So, what would everyone want to see as features on a potential toy? I would like to see each of the main cannons fire a missile, and a top mounted gun that fires two missiles. An opening one-piece hatch on top is a must. It would also be neat if the top mounted gun could swivel around. Finally, as Sal mentioned, pegs on the sides of the tank would round things out nicely.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 12:52 PM »
For features, you've mentioned them nicely.

Side hatched on both sides, similar to what was done with the AT-AP
Firing cannons
Swivel main cannon
top hatch on main cannon for clone to stand in
and of course the pegs as mentioned
if possible the "fins" on the outside could pivot down slightly and then pivot back up to flatten out.'

This is a very doable toy. It has plenty of EU exposure. It would be a HUGE plus if it's in either the animated movie and/or the animated series.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 03:31 PM »
I think the Clone Wars series/movie has increased our chances of seeing this greatly. Lego is cranking out this tank, so perhaps Hasbro will make one before too long.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 11:07 PM »
That's pretty encouraging news. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 09:35 AM »
I think the Clone Wars series/movie has increased our chances of seeing this greatly. Lego is cranking out this tank, so perhaps Hasbro will make one before too long.

Yeah, no more B.S. Hasbro. LEGO is outdoing you in vehicles as far as producing them.

Be red in the face with embarrassment, but make this ship.

Also of note, LEGO is making the Droid gunship...so while you're at it Hasbro, make that too.

With the Tank I see at least two versions. The red "classic" version and the "newer" blue Imperial version. Both are seen in Battlefront II, IIRC. I know they are seen in other video games.

So with a built-in repaint, this should be a no brainer for Hasbro. (Then of course there's always the Shadow tank, lol...)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 10:26 AM »
Master Sal, you're not thinking like Hasbro. If the tank is made, we'll eventually have repaints for each major (hell, even minor) Jedi character thrown our way. I cannot wait to own Kit Fisto's Green, Yellow, and Orange TX-130 fighter Tank.

Hell, speaking of repaints, why hasn't the AT-AP had repaints for Jedi? I want Anakin Skywalker's bright yellow Assault Walker!

On a serious note, Hasbro usually matches Lego on the cheaper ($20-$30) vehicle front. Sometimes there is a delay of a few months, but it seems to eventually happen if the vehicle is action oriented or very prominent. Judging by the pattern below, I'd say these vehicles (tank and Droid Gunship) will be out by the end of the year.

Attack of the Clones
       - Jedi Starfighter (Hasbro and Lego versions available upon launch day) 
       - Slave 1 (Hasbro and Lego versions available upon launch day) 
       - Coruscant Speeders (Hasbro and Lego versions available upon launch day) 
       - Republic Gunship (Lego available on launch day, Hasbro's is available several months later)
       - Anakin's and Dooku's Speeders (Lego available upon launch day, Hasbro releases exclusives in 2003)
       - Geonosian Fighter (Lego available late 2002/early 2003, Hasbro released in late 2003)
        - Hailfire Droid (Lego and Hasbro versions released months apart in 2003)

Revenge of the Sith
        - Wookiee Flyer (Hasbro and Lego versions available upon launch day) 
        - AT-RT (Hasbro and Lego versions available upon launch day) 
        - ARC-170 (Hasbro and Lego versions available upon launch day) 
        - Spider Droid (Hasbro and Lego versions released a couple of months apart)
        - Mustafar Playset (Hasbro and Lego versions released several months apart) 
        - Droid Tri-Fighter (Hasbro and Lego versions available upon launch day) 
        - Jedi Starfighter (Hasbro and Lego versions available prior to launch day) 
        - Boga/Grievous' Wheelbike (Hasbro and Lego versions available upon launch day)   
        - V-Wing (2006 Lego Release, 2007 Hasbro Release)
        -Grievous' Starfighter (2006 Lego Release, 2007 Hasbro release)
        -AT-AP (Hasbro and Lego versions available in early 2007)   

I'd say there is a pretty strong correlation between what Lego and Hasbro produce in movie years. This is already lining up this year with the AT-TE, Republic Gunship, V-19, Jedi Starfighter, and Homing Spider Droid. I can't say this enough: Hasbro will produce this tank before too long.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 12:36 PM »
I can't say this enough: Hasbro will produce this tank before too long.

I'm going to hold you to that! heh heh.

Be nice to hear/see an announcement of this from the SDCC coverage.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 07:40 PM »
From anotheR Site's Toy Fair coverage:

:o :o :o :o ;D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 07:42 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!