Author Topic: Deathtroopers  (Read 7410 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Deathtroopers
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 11:46 AM »
I won't say too much, and maybe it was common knowledge if I had read a little more about the book ahead of time, but there are some pretty important OT characters in this book all of a sudden I wasn't expecting.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 01:50 PM »
And at some point the Fonz jumps a shark with his speeder bike.   ::)

I don't think you can "jump the shark" in a book that isn't even in a series. If this was a story in a 10 book series or certainly from one of the movies maybe the Fonz could have shown up (and I'm still not sold on that).

I'm now half way through the book and I'm starting to think the Fonz, his bike, and a shark are right around the corner.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 12:26 PM »
I am a huge fan of the "Resident Evil" video games and obviously a ginormous fan of Star Wars. Turns out when you combine them together it turns out pretty sucktastic.

Offline Packbar

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Tolman's Toy Emporium
« Reply #18 on: December 3, 2009, 09:40 PM »
I personally loved this book. I love Zombie stuff and SW and so putting it together was great.  You know the Empire had to have all kinds of wierd  experiments going on so why not take it in this direction.  I just finished reading World War Z and would recommend that as well to anyone who likes zombie stuff.