Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2009  (Read 100001 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2009
« Reply #240 on: September 4, 2009, 11:27 AM »
NFC East: Giants
NFC North: Vikings
NFC South: Saints
NFC West: Cardinals

WC: Eagles, Falcons

AFC East: Patriots
AFC North: Steelers
AFC South: Colts
AFC West: Chargers

WC:  Ravens, Texans

Superbowl: Giants over Patriots!  Again!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 4, 2009, 11:31 AM »
Not so sure about the Giants anymore. Without shooty Joe (Burress) this year and if Usi acts like a five year old and storms out some more..........
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 4, 2009, 12:07 PM »
The Giants will be awesome.  Manning's getting better by the year... as long as Brandon Jacobs stays healthy the Giants will win lots of games (so will my fantasy team.  8) )  I've just got a feeling that with TO, Pacman, and Tank out, and with Romo feeling the heat to win some playoff games, the Cowboys are going to go off this year.  I'm probably dead wrong on that, but it's my early guess.  

I'd definitely have the Giants as division champs or a wild card though.  

I think the Eagles take a step back defensively with Jim Johnson gone.  I also doubt that Maclin will be able to become a big time WR this year.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2009, 12:09 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 4, 2009, 12:10 PM »
Not so sure about the Giants anymore. Without shooty Joe (Burress) this year and if Usi acts like a five year old and storms out some more..........

Hakeem Nicks keeps catching TD bombs this preseason, he look like an adequate substitute for Burress.  Granted he's like 6' 1" to Burress' 6' 6", but I saw like 3 of Nicks' TD catches with my own eyes.

Nicks looks good.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 4, 2009, 10:43 PM »
Against second string corners?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 6, 2009, 05:40 PM »

Are you telling me, or asking me?

I don't know who all of the cornerbacks were.  It probably wasn't Champ Bailey, but aside from that I'm not sure.

-------------------------------------------------

Anyhow, Shawne Merriman is a 'roided up idiot.  After being suspended for steroids, now he's strangled a 5' 100 lb. female and has been arrested.

Supreme talent, tiny brain.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2009, 05:41 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 6, 2009, 05:44 PM »
I've just got a feeling that with TO, Pacman, and Tank out, and with Romo feeling the heat to win some playoff games, the Cowboys are going to go off this year.  

There hasn't been a team yet that's been better after Owens has left.  Neither the 49ers nor Eagles has to date been able to replace him at WR (being the 5th best in history, that should come as no surprise), and the Cowboys will need a lot from a couple players to be the exception.

Witten and Roy Williams will be able to hold it down okay, but the Cowboys are banking on Felix Jones to be able to catch a lot of passes out of the backfield, and light it up.

From what I saw of Felix Jones last year, that's a realistic possibity.  He is electric.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2009, 05:45 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 6, 2009, 10:47 PM »

Are you telling me, or asking me?

Asking.  I just won't get excited by anyone's preseason stats is all.  I think Nicks is a talent for sure and possibly a round 2 pick in years to come, I just don't think he justifies the love this year is all.  I've been wrong before, will be again...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 6, 2009, 11:51 PM »
There hasn't been a team yet that's been better after Owens has left.  Neither the 49ers nor Eagles has to date been able to replace him at WR (being the 5th best in history, that should come as no surprise), and the Cowboys will need a lot from a couple players to be the exception.

That's true, but none of those teams has won a Superbowl with him there either, and the Eagles got through the playoffs without him.  He causes all sorts of problems even if he catches touchdown passes.  He's how old now?  36?  At some point his on-field production isn't going to be enough to justify the amount of trouble he causes in the locker room. 

A lot of this will hinge on Roy Williams.  If he can be the #1 everyone expects him to be, then the Cowboys should be able to do what the Eagles and Niners couldn't - be better without Owens.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 7, 2009, 12:13 AM »
At some point his on-field production isn't going to be enough to justify the amount of trouble he causes in the locker room. 

Given I drafted him, I'd suggest that his production will dip this year.  I don't think his attitude will be an issue though, moreso just his performance.  I expect he'll have his usual honeymoon period.  Hence my high hopes for Gonzalez, Avery, Bennett and Mason (speaking of geriatrics).

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 7, 2009, 12:46 AM »
I expect Owens production to drop off just due to who's throwing him the ball.  And, Lee Evans is no slouch, Maybe that frees things up for Owens, but I'm guessing that at least early in the year defenses key on Owens, freeing things up for Evans.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 7, 2009, 02:56 AM »
Yeah, I've been waiting years for Evans to open up the field.  I think your comment about who's throwing the ball is most appropriate. :-X

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #252 on: September 7, 2009, 04:07 AM »
Didn't Buffalo just fire their Offensive Coordinator this week too? That can't be a good sign.
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 7, 2009, 09:16 AM »
Yep, them, KC, and Tampa.  Three teams destined to go deep into the playoffs!   :P

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 7, 2009, 09:37 AM »
Didn't Buffalo just fire their Offensive Coordinator this week too? That can't be a good sign.

Yes.  TO didn't want him, it was him or the coordinator and look who won.