Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2009  (Read 100170 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: NFL Regular Season 2009
« Reply #525 on: December 11, 2009, 01:26 AM »
At this point they earned every bit of suck they've shown, and so kudos to the Bucs.  Anything that helps friends have a happier season is a plus to me, haha. :)

The Steelers imploded.  There's rumors that there's some anymosity amidst the locker room, but I don't know that I believe that.  We've got some really story-hungry reporters locally that like to raise a stink I think.

Penguins won, so it's not all bad.  I love my Penguins.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #526 on: December 20, 2009, 08:02 PM »
Steelers Packers today was probably the game of the year.  Huge plays, weird crap, back and forth.  That last play was Super Bowl all over again.  Congrats to my favorite team for repeating as NFC North champs >:D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 20, 2009, 08:20 PM »
Steelers Packers today was probably the game of the year.  Huge plays, weird crap, back and forth.  That last play was Super Bowl all over again.  Congrats to my favorite team for repeating as NFC North champs >:D

Good game, bad outcome.  Stinks to see the Pack surge ahead with a minute left, only to have the Steelers come back and win it.  I wonder how it would have ended if Pittsburgh had not on-side kicked?  It helped the Pack get their final TD, but maybe they would have had a longer TD drive and won with a regular punt.  Definitely a weird game and an amazing catch by Wallace at the end.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 20, 2009, 11:29 PM »
...and I wish I could say the same about the Vikings game.  Wow, what a waste of a Sunday night watching that crapfest.  At least Peterson did well for my fantasy team.  Purple better get their act together if they want to go anywhere in the playoffs.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #529 on: December 20, 2009, 11:32 PM »
...and I wish I could say the same about the Vikings game.  Wow, what a waste of a Sunday night watching that crapfest.  At least Peterson did well for my fantasy team.  Purple better get their act together if they want to go anywhere in the playoffs.
As I have said before...our bald headed coach is a total piece of **** and continually gets his ass handed to him.  It amazing to absolutely destroy a division leader one week and get your ass handed to you on national TV on the road twice in very similar games.

There is no way they win a playoff game.  It is also a joke they gave that piece of **** a contract extension.  I'd be much more optomistic being in your shoes, Jman, than mine and my team is 11-3 ::)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 21, 2009, 12:33 AM »
There is no way they win a playoff game.  It is also a joke they gave that piece of **** a contract extension.  I'd be much more optimistic being in your shoes, Jman, than mine and my team is 11-3 ::)

Well, you never know.  I'm not counting anyone down for the count this season - it's been ridiculously unpredictable.  I would definitely like to see the Packers meet up with the Vikes for a playoff game this year though just to see if they could pull it off.  To be fair though, I don't think we're going to see anyone from the NFC North holding the Lombardi trophy this year. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #531 on: December 21, 2009, 01:14 AM »
That onside kick was so close...  One of the Steelers D, I forget who, said afterwards, "What do you want us to think about it?  We weren't stopping anyone all game long so how could we blame him for trying it.  If it had worked we'd all be praising what a brilliant call it was." (paraphrased)

I agree to an extent but it was still a weird call...  almost actually worked though.  One yard more and that would've been good.

The QB'ing back and forth was fun to watch.  I was offered tickets for the game by my gf's neighbor who has season ones but I couldn't afford them after the holiday shopping and all.  Would've been interesting.  I must admit, their 5-game-skid didn't exactly help enthuse me to buy tickets either, but I considered it for a bit then gave up the notion thinking about everything I've spent the last month or two, heh.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 21, 2009, 07:02 AM »
Just wanted to let everyone know that the Chargers or Eagles will win the Super Bowl this year. Why?

My last choices for who I would want to win each championship and who currently has it.

MLB= Yankees, Yankees have it
NBA= Lakers or Cavaliers, Lakers have it
NHL= Penguins, Penguins have it
NFL= Chargers or Eagles, thus one of them will win it.

And on a different subject that on side kick in the Pittsburgh game rivaled Belicheck's 4th and 2 call.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #533 on: December 21, 2009, 03:17 PM »
I sort of agree, it's perplexing in a way, but that quote I paraphrased says a lot too...  He wasn't confident in his defense, nor should he have been, and ultimately that onside kick let them get their points that (given the game thus far) they would've gotten anyway most likely, and so the Steelers still had time on the clock...  If it worked, you had another offensive chance at spreading a lead to 6 or 10, if it didn't work you were giving up the points you probably were going to give up anyway a little faster and still have a shot at getting down field for the points needed to tie or win before the clock ran out.

From the perspective of not having confidence that your defense, and more to the point your secondary, can stop a clicking pass offense...  and time management...  it makes more sense I think, but was that what some of the intent was?

I still don't think I'd have done it, but it worked out positively in the end though.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 28, 2009, 04:37 PM »
Why not...

NFC East: Cowboys
NFC North: Packers
NFC South: Saints
NFC West: Seahawks

AFC East: Patriots
AFC North: Steelers
AFC South: Colts
AFC West: Chargers

Superbowl:  Saints over Chargers.

Wow Rob, when you dream...you dream in color!   ;D

I blew the Seahawks pick and the Steelers let me down, but overall I ended up being pretty close huh?  8)

The Bucs just fired their OC with 10 days to go before the season starts.

I sincerely think we're looking at 2-14.

And the Bucs exceeded my expectations! (I wish they'd just lost the last two though to have a shot at Ndamukong Suh  :'( ).

« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 04:41 PM by Rob »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #535 on: December 28, 2009, 04:54 PM »
Since we're so close I thought I'd get this started up.

Go Vikings vs. Patriots Super Bowl.

edit-the combining of these two threads kind of made this post random.
Not really...it is never too early for predictions.  Since most starters won't play this week...here are my annual predictions

NFC East: Eagles
NFC North: Vikings
NFC South: Saints
NFC West: Arizona

AFC East: Patriots
AFC North: Steelers
AFC South: Titans
AFC West: Chargers

Super Bowl: Vikings over Steelers >:D
Not too shabby for meself either

I think the Titans blew some major chances by sticking with Collins as long as they did...also who would have thought the Bengals were going to be as good as they were??

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 28, 2009, 09:48 PM »
Bears 13-0 over the Vikings with 2:00 to go in the half.  WTF.   :o

Come on Peterson, I just need you to get 60 yards tonight.

**EDIT** or a TD.   ;D  AT least I got one Fantasy SB win this year.

Now the Bears can continue mopping the floor with the Vikes.   >:D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 10:31 PM by JediJman »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #537 on: December 28, 2009, 09:59 PM »
Dude...what have I been saying the last month?  Our coach is a retard...three out of four weeks totally outplayed and outcoached across the board.  Yuck...and they gave him an extension!!!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #538 on: December 29, 2009, 12:01 AM »
Thanks Adrian for another cough up. You cost us the game.  >:(
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 29, 2009, 12:02 AM »
Wow.  Even at 0-16 I thought the Vikes would find a way to come back.

Scott - I have a spare Packers jersey if you're interested in converting to green and gold after this.   ;)