Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2009  (Read 99533 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
NFL Regular Season 2009
« on: February 13, 2009, 04:05 PM »
I just heard that the Falcons are trying to trade the rights to Vick now. Who is going to want to trade for an overrated QB that hasn't played in years and is still suspeneded? Even if a team wants (I wanted to say is dumb enough) to trade for him some day wouldn't they wait to see what the NFL is going to do when he does get out of prison?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
NFL Offseason 2009
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 04:20 PM »
I am crossing my fingers that Jerry Jones' blackberry is broken and he is away from his office until Al Davis makes that deal...

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
NFL Offseason 2009
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 05:04 PM »
I am crossing my fingers that Jerry Jones' blackberry is broken and he is away from his office until Al Davis makes that deal...

That's pretty hilarious........... and true!!!!! ;D
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
NFL Offseason 2009
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 05:05 PM »
I just heard that the Falcons are trying to trade the rights to Vick now. Who is going to want to trade for an overrated QB that hasn't played in years and is still suspeneded? Even if a team wants (I wanted to say is dumb enough) to trade for him some day wouldn't they wait to see what the NFL is going to do when he does get out of prison?

Was he ever that good anyway?  Let's say he gets out tomorrow and there are no penalties from the NFL, is there a team that currently has a worse option at QB?  Well I suppose there's always the Vikings...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
NFL Offseason 2009
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 05:34 PM »

Was he ever that good anyway?  Let's say he gets out tomorrow and there are no penalties from the NFL, is there a team that currently has a worse option at QB?  Well I suppose there's always the Vikings...

He absolutely was never very good. AND DON'T JOKE ABOUT THE VIKINGS GETTING HIM. I don't care how bad T Jack is.

Just heard that Goodell took a $2 million pay cut to help the NFL from having to cut more jobs. Good for him. I like him more than I did before.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: NFL Offseason 2009
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 03:10 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 03:32 PM »
Vikings close to deal for QB Rosenfels

I could deal with that!!!

I'll try not to think about the fact that the Vikings could have made the exact same trade last offseason and what that could have meant this last season. :-\
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 05:05 PM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 10:38 AM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 01:06 PM »
Haynesworth to the Skins.... Bucs just traded for Kellen Winslow - reportedly a second round pick (which makes no sense to me).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 01:34 PM »

I guess Jackson isn't that good, but is this that much of a step up?  Rosenfals played ok in those games, but not really stellar.  I guess I'm asking if this will make a difference? 

Any word yet on who/when the Vikings get the home opener? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 02:05 PM »

I guess Jackson isn't that good, but is this that much of a step up?  Rosenfals played ok in those games, but not really stellar.  I guess I'm asking if this will make a difference? 

Any word yet on who/when the Vikings get the home opener? 

I'm not saying that Rosenfel is the best QB ever, but he actually can throw a ball and with the Vikings running game and defense that is what they need. They weren't going to get a super star, but the fact they are admitting T Jack isn't their future makes me so happy.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 2, 2009, 08:04 PM »
No comments on the Patriots? They shipped Matt Cassel off to Kansas City for a few draft picks, so I'm assuming they have a lot of faith in Tom Brady next season. They also signed Fred Taylor I assume because their running game is meh.

Also Kurt Warner is going to meet with the 49ers sometime soon.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 2, 2009, 10:21 PM »
No comments on the Patriots? They shipped Matt Cassel off to Kansas City for a few draft picks, so I'm assuming they have a lot of faith in Tom Brady next season. They also signed Fred Taylor I assume because their running game is meh.

Also Kurt Warner is going to meet with the 49ers sometime soon.

The Cassel thing is killing me.  Reportedly the Bucs offered more than the single 2nd round pick that the Chiefs did so they could get Cassel and trade him to Denver for Cutler.

But apparently it took too long and Belichick went forward with KC.

The idea that a QB like Cutler may have been available and it didn't happen kills me.  Now the rumors are that Cutler is pissed and wants out.  And if he does, he'd better end up in Tampa.  I don't care if it costs this year's 1 and 3 and next year's 1.

Also, the Bucs just signed Derrick Ward.  Between Ward, Bryant, Winslow, Graham, and maybe Williams, the Bucs are starting to actually compile some playmakers on offense.  And, they've invested heavily in their O-line over the last 3 years. 

Now all they need is a QB, or for Luke McCown to be better than advertised.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 2, 2009, 11:44 PM »
I heard on the radio tonight that Houshmanzadeh was traded to Seattle.  That effectivley eliminates any interest I have in fantasy players from Cinci or Seattle next season.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 2, 2009, 11:52 PM »
He wasn't traded.  He was a free agency and chose Seattle over Minnesota and Cinci.