Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 335935 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #1080 on: August 4, 2013, 10:55 AM »
Think they overproduced Obi-Wan?

Lot of 50 CW Obi-Wan figures

On a related note, I bought some of those lots of 100 clone blasters to arm my accessory-less loose figures. They arrived today. There's the older movie version and the CW version. Both styles are made from very hard plastic. Like harder than 80's Kenner accessories. And they seem a tad rough in detail, feel more like bootlegs than product overruns/leftovers/rejects.  (Too bad they didn't copy stormtrooper blasters) The plastic is kind of glossy, which I don't care for. Overall, feel like something you'd find in a dollar store  toy set.

I wouldn't buy them again.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2013, 05:59 PM by Scockery »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 8, 2013, 09:11 AM »
Made my first only voluntary CW purchase for the CW figure. Cade Bane, on clearance at Target. Cool character.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 8, 2013, 11:00 AM »
Yeah, these disappeared quickly on clearance. Was hoping a few would linger and get down to less than $5, but that seems unlikely. I'll miss seeing those guys on the pegs, well, not Mace or Anakin.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 8, 2013, 11:33 AM »
That's all that was left at one Target, Mace and Anakin. Don't have either figure and even at $5, I still don't care.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2013, 04:53 PM by Scockery »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1084 on: August 8, 2013, 03:33 PM »
My Target has Plo Koon, Aqua Droid, and someone else, and some Legends...  Forget the 3rd figure.  Tons except for the Aqua Droid, thye only had one of those.

Pegs were pretty busy there though.  Nothing new was out at all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 16, 2013, 08:33 PM »
Picked up a loose commando droid (not the blue one), along with a loose SOTDS Cody and a carded SOTDS Kit Fisto at a cool secondhand toy store at the beach today. Paid around $13 for the lot. Plan to use the Fisto and Cody for some nifty customs.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 17, 2013, 05:48 PM »
Still got some Anakins and Windus at the closest Target near me, but some are marked $6.98 and a few $4.98...none of them show up on scanners. I'd get them for 70% off, but that's not gonna be an option, it seems, unless they manually mark them such.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: August 20, 2013, 09:09 PM »
For some reason the remaining Clone Wars figures at my local Walmart went from $5 on clearance to $7 since I got back from vacation. Weird.

Would still like to pick up a few generic clones, but not at that price.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 22, 2013, 08:55 AM »
I snagged a bunch of loose TCW figures off eBay last night for kicks, I was not buying doubles early on to open so I wanted a few for display purposes. I got the 2 Jawas, Kit Fisto w/Jetpack, Space Suit Obi-Wan, and that weird battle droid with the black highlights and BFG, all for about $15 shipped.

I guess some folks are starting to dump their collections because prices have come down a lot and there is a good selection out there.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1089 on: August 22, 2013, 04:17 PM »
That's a firefighter droid if I'm not mistaken?  Or from the early Malevolence episodes where they were ripping escape pods open?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: August 22, 2013, 09:11 PM »
That's a firefighter droid if I'm not mistaken?  Or from the early Malevolence episodes where they were ripping escape pods open?

Close, not the Firefighter Droid though, it is actually the "Rocket Battle Droid". I'd totally forgotten about that guy.

My total actually came to $10.55 with the combined shipping, so better than expected.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: August 26, 2013, 09:27 AM »
Got the anti-Hailfire droid battle pack figures loose, missing some accessories, at a garage sale. Guns are no big deal, but the missing clone helmet sucks.  Though, I shouldn't complain at about 25 cents a figures.  ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: August 26, 2013, 10:54 AM »
That's awesome, I never seen Clone Wars stuff for sale at yard sales around here. Nor at Goodwill, Salvation Army or any place like that. I honestly don't know what becomes of the Clone Wars toys in this area that kids outgrow.

Not exactly relevent to this line, but there were some great auctions up for Tartkovsky Clone Wars prototypes last week on eBay. I bought two of them - Dooku and Battle Damaged Anakin. I have a swell little collection of Clone Wars prototypes going now, my favorite thing since the recent line ended.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: August 31, 2013, 09:57 PM »
I picked up a Training SBD and another Phase II Clone Trooper on clearance at Walmart last night. The SBD was pretty much the most interesting Clone Wars figure left on the pegs anywhere around this area. Everything else is just a sea of Anakins, Maces, and Sno Koons. This one Walmart did have a couple more Phase II clones left, would like them all if the price drops to $5 or less. Great customizing fodder.

It will not be long until there are no more Clone Wars toys left to buy in a store period. That will be a sad day.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: August 31, 2013, 11:27 PM »
Went to Wal-Mart today for the first time in months, the movie heroes and clone wars figures wouldn't scan at all "please see associate".
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 11:27 PM by Scockery »