Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 335983 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2009, 10:33 PM »
Grabbed another Luminara last night because I found a particularly nice version at Target and wanted one for out of the box. Man, I love this fig! I actually had to go back and re-watch AOTC this weekend just for her brief cameos.

Wonder if we'll see any new stuff this week? BP's or the Freeco Speeder finally?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2009, 08:12 PM »
Wonder if we'll see any new stuff this week? BP's or the Freeco Speeder finally?

Can't wait for the SA Dooku and Obi-Wan with Speeder Bikes. Definitely worth the $15.  :)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 14, 2009, 04:16 PM »
I lucked into Gree, ARF trooper, 4A-7 and Cad Bane last night. I'm not collecting much in the way of CW, but I'm getting each of the movie clone commanders. The ARF trooper looks like it would fit (helmet only) with realistic. I got the droid finally after being convinced from another thread on this site that it would look okay next to realistic style droids. I just knew I'd get Cad Bane he's teh awesome (just needs better articulation though). So, I'm pretty happy about that score last night. Not looking for much in CW in the upcoming stuff. Aayla and Bly for sure.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 15, 2009, 02:32 PM »
I was in Wal-Mart today and while I've pretty much given up on collecting Hasbro figures, there are two themes I'm still on the look-out for and one of those is Yoda.  I have a pretty sizeable Yoda focus on display at my office at work.  I happened to see the WM Exclusive Yoda and Clone two pack.  Since I haven't been following the news on the SW figs much I didn't know anything about this figure.  I have to say, its an awesome Yoda figure.  Its fully articulated everhere except the knees and the soft goods robe works better than I've seen on most other Hasbro figus.  The headsculpt seems dead-on from the Cartoon.  I'm very pleased adding a new little green friend to my collection.  As for the clone - I'll end up giving him to my son I think.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 15, 2009, 02:48 PM »
I have to say, its an awesome Yoda figure.  Its fully articulated everhere except the knees

Has there ever been a Yoda with articulated knees?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #140 on: October 15, 2009, 04:56 PM »
I have to say, its an awesome Yoda figure.  Its fully articulated everhere except the knees

Has there ever been a Yoda with articulated knees?

No.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2009, 12:00 AM »
On Saturday, I picked up Kit Fisto, Luminara Unduli, Mace Windu and Space Suit Obi-Wan Kenobi at Target here in Connecticut.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 22, 2009, 07:12 PM »
Just got my Argyus so I'm caught up on basic figs. Can't wait to read about the next wave of CW and Legacy being found in stores tomorrow.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2009, 09:49 AM »
Just got my Argyus so I'm caught up on basic figs. Can't wait to read about the next wave of CW and Legacy being found in stores tomorrow.

From your lips, to Hasbro's ears. I have all but given up hope on finding new toys any more. This is easily my longest dry spell in recent memory.

This is just plain asinine. They're throwing everything into the Legacy line right now while talking out of the other side of their mouth about how TCW sells better and has strong marketing support from the show. If that's true, WHERE THE F ARE ALL THE NEW TOYS THAT WERE ON DISPLAY AT SDCC?!?!

We have roughly 8 shopping weeks until Christmas. And we're STILL waiting on 3 Battle Packs, 2 Deluxe Vehicle/Fig sets, and at least 1 if not 2 more waves of figures. (Seriously, Wave 10 has been available online for weeks now, what is the hold up?)

I'm literally so over this nonsense I am losing interest in collecting altogether. It's like having a bad addiction and no reliable source. I need a fix!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2009, 10:48 AM »
I think the Clone Wars line has receive more than its fair share of attention since SDCC with nearly 30 basic figures, battle packs, 4 different 2 packs, deluxe figure/vehicle sets and mid and large vehicles and various exclusives. I'm of the opinion that it has been the Legacy line that has been the more stagnant in terms of new product and now hopefully that is being remedied (at least here in the US).

As for not having a "reliable source", there is always on line sources for your crack plastic addiction - sure you might pay a bit more, but isn't that worth the piece of mind knowing that your "fix" can be gotten with just a click of the mouse.  ;)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2009, 11:37 AM »
Yeah, I know TCW line has gotten some good profile since SDCC, my point is more the distribution of releases. They dumped 3 waves of figs practically right on top of each other. It's feast or famine.

I'm just bitter and the ranting helps. I know it all amounts to nothing and is just my perspective. It just seems like every day I am reading about some new TLC wave or exclusive hitting/about to hit. There have been 3 waves of figs, plus the BAD stuff, the Evo packs, the Interceptor, the Dewback, the AT-ST, etc ad nauseam.

I know it's cyclical, but the waiting is just interminable. And I think not knowing is the worst part. If I had any idea of when this stuff would ACTUALLY be hitting shelves, it would at least provide some reassurance. As it is now, I've lost all enthusiasm.  :(

And yeah, I know there's a lot to be said for the e-tailers. This is just not a viable option for me because any packages arriving at my house in the mail are liable to be the catalyst for some ugly arguments with the Wife. Also, as a non-opener, I'm somewhat picky about the quality of packaging. I hate not knowing what I might be getting.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2009, 12:40 PM »
I picked up Luminara on Wednesday. This is a fine example of how to put super articulation into tiny/thin limbs. No excuse for Hasbro now with the realistic figures.

I'm very happy with the Luminara figure. I think she may even go pretty well with the realistic ones.

I'm on average buying 1 fig per wave.  It's a okay line, but I think it takes pegs away from the realistic figures. Or rather I should say the CW figs and the Legends repacks do that.

Anyway....lol
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2009, 02:16 AM »
I LOVE the Clone Wars line ... we need something different! I realized that one time I was actually more into the animated figs tha into the realistic ones  :-X
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2009, 09:53 PM »
As of today - exactly 2 months to X-Mas. ANOTHER week has no passed with no new Clone Wars toys released.

This makes almost a full month since they shipped out ANYTHING new for the line. If this is really their 'cash cow" right now they are neglecting it badly.

Just give us the 3 BP's, 2 Deluxe Vehicle/Fig sets, and Waves 7 & 8 and we can call it a year, ok? We saw ALL of that stuff at SDCC.

Oh, and don't even get me started on their recent announcement that they have KILLED the CostCo exclusive Turbo Tank this year. I was really disappointed to hear that. You couldn't kill that stupid GH exclusive for them instead?

I just saw last year's exclusive AT-TE go for $136 on eBay so don't tell me there is no demand.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2009, 10:38 PM »
I'm happier that the Turbo Tank is $20 ($79.99) cheaper at TRU for the month of Nov. versus it being a stupid Costco exclusive that would in all accounts offer nothing "new" besides repacked figures.