Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 335977 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #180 on: November 17, 2009, 10:40 PM »
Awesome scores, Pete!

I was able to snag the 2 new Target exclusive BP's out of their back stockroom using the DPCI trick.

Ambush at Abregado and Assault on Ryloth are officially off the list!

I was surprised at the size of these things, I guess I had heard they were changing box dimensions but I didn't know what to expect. They are flatter but taller.

So unless we end up seeing the Hondo Wave sometime in December, I think I am done for the year! Sweet relief!  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 19, 2009, 11:36 AM »
Scored my openers from the Padme/Matchstick wave at another K-Mart this morning.

Now if I could just find a MOC repacked Destroyer Droid in the Red/White CW packaging, I'll be all caught up!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2009, 08:47 PM »
I finally took down the Big White Whale today...bit the bullet and bought the CostCo Exclusive AT-TE from last year with the extra figs and window packaging. This has been sitting at #1 on my modern Want List for the better part of a year. I normally eschew re-packs but this one has always had a strong appeal for some reason.

With the new product slowing down for the rest of the year, the timing seemed right. It's my early X-Mas present to myself.

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 23, 2009, 08:43 AM »
I finally took down the Big White Whale today...bit the bullet and bought the CostCo Exclusive AT-TE from last year with the extra figs and window packaging. This has been sitting at #1 on my modern Want List for the better part of a year. I normally eschew re-packs but this one has always had a strong appeal for some reason.

With the new product slowing down for the rest of the year, the timing seemed right. It's my early X-Mas present to myself.

Good purchase!  I still say this is one of the best exclusives that hasbro has ever made. 8)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2009, 10:56 AM »
Picked up a Rishi Moon Outpost BP this morning on my way to work. Nice set.

I also traded with a friend to get that MOC Destroyer Droid repack I needed - so now until the Aayla Secura CW wave of figures comes out, I'm all caught up with the CW line!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 23, 2009, 11:31 AM »
Awesome Pete, it's a great feeling isn't it?

I did a quick sweep last night and couldn't find the Aayla wave available yet from any of the usual e-tailers, or on eBay, nor have I heard of these being spotted in the UK yet, which are usually good indicators of an impending launch here. So I am skeptical whether we will see these before the end of the year.

On the other hand, if that TLC ESB line is hitting now out West as rumored, I don't see any reason why they cannot push out the TCW Wave 7 before X-Mas. Not sure what the advantage would be in waiting...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 23, 2009, 11:34 AM »
On the other hand, if that TLC ESB line is hitting now out West as rumored, I don't see any reason why they cannot push out the TCW Wave 7 before X-Mas. Not sure what the advantage would be in waiting...

Agreed - with the smaller wave sizes (four/five figures) - you would think that it would be much easier for them to rotate in new figures and fill out the rest of the cases with the older figures.

The B-A-D Legacy lines seem like they would need to be much more of a "production" simply because you have to coordinate droid parts in all of the figures in the case.
Peter

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2009, 01:16 AM »
I found the Turbo Tank at Costco today for $79.99. 8) I dunno what the original price was when it first came out @ stores like Target, Walmart... etc., but I hope I can get this for Christmas!  ;D
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 25, 2009, 03:38 PM »
Picked up a MIB Rishi Moon Outpost BP this morning...
Peter

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 26, 2009, 12:55 AM »
Picked up Cad Bane! AT A WALGREENS! So happy!  ;D

One of the two super-scores I've scored at this Walgreens ... the last time I bought a major figure here, it was the TAC Darktrooper. This Walgreens normally continuously gets TCW Blue-packaging Wave 1 (which pisses me off  :P), but it just now started getting the new red-carded figures.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 27, 2009, 10:39 AM »
just picked up the new BP's this morning

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 29, 2009, 12:32 AM »
Scored Space Ahsoka at one of those kiddie toy scores that are open only for the holidays! I'm not impressed too much with the translation of colors.  ::)

But I have Cad Bane, Space Anakin, and all I need now is Denal, and I'll be set with that whole wave!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #192 on: November 29, 2009, 02:28 AM »
Picked up the Malevolence Padme last night. Great figure.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 2, 2009, 06:25 PM »
Finally scored my Matchstick figure at Wal Mart today.  Now to find another so as to have an "accurate" crew for my Y-wing.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #194 on: December 3, 2009, 10:18 AM »
Finally found Matchstick and the Clone Tank Gunner today at Walmart - CW wave 10 finished.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird