Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 335906 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #330 on: July 1, 2010, 11:11 PM »
Got my order from TRU.com with TCW Fall Wave 1 plus the Interceptor Tank. Psyched to have these, but the cards were a little banged up, and the Tank has a definite smush. I foresee some swapping out in the future...

I'm an opener, but I did notice that the cards on my figures were really messed up. My Snowspeeder was in perfect shape, but the packing from TRU was subpar. The box was big enough for everything though, so TRU is still better than HTS.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 2, 2010, 02:57 AM »
Got my order from TRU.com with TCW Fall Wave 1 plus the Interceptor Tank. Psyched to have these, but the cards were a little banged up, and the Tank has a definite smush. I foresee some swapping out in the future...

I'm an opener, but I did notice that the cards on my figures were really messed up. My Snowspeeder was in perfect shape, but the packing from TRU was subpar. The box was big enough for everything though, so TRU is still better than HTS.

Yakface.com posted a report that TVC is made with a thinner cardstock. Maybe the same thinner card is used for the new TCW cards, as well?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 2, 2010, 08:57 AM »
Yakface.com posted a report that TVC is made with a thinner cardstock. Maybe the same thinner card is used for the new TCW cards, as well?

It's possible, I have not seen cards damaged in this way before. They're totally warped, not bent or torn. The Grievous card is so distorted that the bubble is literally pulling away from the cardboard backing.

The Tank Box looks like someone just stepped on the back of it.

There was no packing material, bubble wrap, etc, so contents may have shifted during processing.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #333 on: July 2, 2010, 09:09 AM »

The card stock is definitely thinner than the SL & CW cards but it's virtually the same weight as the previous VOTC/VTAC cardbacks.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2010, 09:10 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 2, 2010, 02:00 PM »
Got my TRU.com order today. Everything arrived in pretty good shape, so the only figures I'm opening right now are the Mandalorian Police Office (I ordered four of him, so I'm gonna open three for now) and General Grievous.

Aurra Sing and Pre Vizsla look FANTASTIC and I really wish I had ordered two of the Pre Viszla figures. I actually wish the Vizsla had come smashed so I would have no choice but to open him, but he's damn near perfect, so the carded collector in me just can't open it. So he'll have to wait until I get a second one.

Today I placed an order for:

1x Snowspeeder
1x Cloud Car
2x Republic Fighter Tank (Blue Deco)
2x Aurra Sing (want one to put on the back of the bike w/Cad Bane)
1x General Grievous (so I can have one to display "battle damaged")

I called TRU.com and asked about the BOGO only applying to one item and apparently on TRU.com the BOGO will only apply to one item in your order, so I split the two orders above into to two separate orders since they both were over the $49 mark for free shipping and it allowed me to get the second vehicle in each order for 50% off.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 3, 2010, 02:52 PM »
Hoping to take one last stab at the BOGO I hit a couple TRUs this morning. The first one I hit was where I found the Vintage figs earlier in the week.

Unfortunately when I got there the guy responsible for action figures told me that he had locked down all new SW and it wouldn't be out until Aug 6th.

So I proceeded to go to another TRU and there I found all of the remaining Wave 1 CW figures I needed. I also bought openers of the repack figures so I could get the game cards for those figures too.

I think I'm gonna pick up CW12 - CW19 to open as well so I can have a complete set of game pieces. But it's not a priority.

Feels good to be all set with the first waves of Clone Wars, Vintage and Legends.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 6, 2010, 10:54 PM »
I stopped in to one of the TRUs where I was denied new product last week to see if I could find out any information regarding the e-mail/memo sent around. There is a dept. manager at this store who is VERY helpful to the collectors so I knew he would give me the straight scoop.

Here's what I found out...

This store received an e-mail on Friday. In the e-mail they were told that TRU was permitted to sell the new Star Wars products as they arrived in-store and they could ignore the street date notifications that were printed on the box.

On Monday, the regional Hasbro rep who comes to all of the stores came by this TRU and told the employees that they had to pack up all of the new SW product and get it back into the stockroom. They proceeded to show the Hasbro rep the e-mail, the Hasbro rep then made some calls and verified that Toys R Us could indeed sell the new Star Wars products.

So anyway, needless to say, all of the stuff here had been out since Friday and was heavily picked over. I really only wanted to score CW#12 - CW#19 to open so I could get those figures' game cards, but unfortunately, all of the Wave 1.5 cases had been put out and there were no more Cold Weather Gear Rex figures (CW#12) - I was however able to score CW#13 - CW#19 and an extra Battledroid (CW#19) - I never really loaded up on regular battledroids when they came out in the Blue/White line, so I'm glad that figure is coming out again, I want a bunch of them to put into vehicles and such.

Peter

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 7, 2010, 09:02 AM »
Thanks for the update Pete, I guess this is good news, although the managers around here still claim ignorance on ever having seen this email.

Did the email come from Hasbro or somewhere up the TRU corporate ladder?

I still need MOC versions of the new Wave 1 TCW figures, so the sooner they get these out, the better.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 7, 2010, 09:45 AM »
The e-mail came from Toys R Us management.
Peter

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #339 on: July 7, 2010, 04:45 PM »
For those who've purchased and opened the new CW figures - are all the die identical? Seems like a waste to put them in with each figure if they are when they could just sell a supplement pack for a couple bucks.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 7, 2010, 05:54 PM »
For those who've purchased and opened the new CW figures - are all the die identical? Seems like a waste to put them in with each figure if they are when they could just sell a supplement pack for a couple bucks.

Yes, they are identical. The idea to the game is that for each character you have six skill/attribute rankings. At the top of the card are bonus points to a select number of those skill/attribute rankings - and only two of those are exposed depending on which base you use - the notches on that side of the base are not all in the same location.

So then you have your figure go up against a friend's figure and you roll the die - based on the symbol that comes up, the battle occurs based on the points each character has for that attribute. Whoever has more points wins.

I thought about that too - I would love it if they came out with a booster pack of stands, a die and cards for a select group of figures they have no intention of releasing in the Shadows of the Dark Side packaging - like Thi Sien, Cold Weather Anakin, Commander Ponds, Commander Stone, Ziro's Assassain Droid, Admiral Yularen, either Padme, etc...

I'm sure though their reasoning for not releasing such a kit would be because it would be a limited audience of folks who have all of the figures from the Blue/White and Red/White lines that they include cards for.
Peter

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 7, 2010, 11:22 PM »
Hooray!

I stumbled across the Fall TCW Wave 1.5 at the TRU across the river. I managed to snag a minty carded Grievous to replace my cruddy warped one I got from TRU.com.

Not sure if they ever actually put Wave 1 out...I was just there last week but I may have missed it. Oh well.

On another awesome note, I also got a nice minty Interceptor Tank to replace the smushed one I got from TRU.com last week.  ;D

I'm strongly considering heading over to the closer TRU tomorrow and showing them the receipt from the other store and asking them to crack open a new case of Wave 1.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 12, 2010, 11:12 AM »
Hooray for me as well - I found an opener of Cold Weather Gear Rex in the new Clone Wars packaging - so now I'm all caught up through both Wave 1 and Wave 1.5.

I might try to pick up a few more Battledroids to man my Seperatist vehicles while TRU is having the latest Hasbro BOGO, grabbing two Battledroids plus two stands I can give to other Clone Wars figures fir $5.60 each is a pretty good deal...

I also picked up a MIB Blue-deco Republic Fighter Tank to replace the smashed one I got from TRU.com.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 11:14 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 15, 2010, 11:26 PM »
Found a very odd case assortment of new TCW on the pegs at TRU tonight. It appeared to be a weird hybrid of Wave 1 and Wave 1.5. They were nearly all repacks, except for battle damaged Grievous, and oddly enough, the Mandalorian Guard. They had several of each so it couldn't have been a fluke.

I went ahead and picked up another guard to replace the slightly warped card I got from TRU.com. That completes all the replacements I needed from this wave. Now I just want another Aurra and Pre for openers.  :)

Oh, and no sign of the new deluxe sets.  :(

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 16, 2010, 12:30 PM »
Checkmate!

I hit up the local TRU again this morning since they normally get new trucks in on Friday. There was no new SW stock on the shelf, but then I saw the dude I know who works there and he confirmed that they got no new Vintage but did have a case of TCW Wave 1 he could bring out for me. Presto - MOC Pre and Aurra!  ;D

I am officially done with upcoming TCW swag, aside from the Deluxe sets which have not hit here (yet).