Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 335949 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2009, 02:13 PM »
I agree, once again Hasbro starts a new pricepoint with a repaint.  Interest will be low, the Y-Wing will be scarce, Hassbro wil give up on 70.00 vehicles...hmmm maybe it is a good idea.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2009, 02:41 PM »
I agree, once again Hasbro starts a new pricepoint with a repaint.  Interest will be low, the Y-Wing will be scarce, Hassbro wil give up on 70.00 vehicles...hmmm maybe it is a good idea.

They shouldn't have started shipping this assortment until they could pack them 1x Y-Wing and 1x ARC Repaint into the same case.

The result would have been the Y-Wing selling out and the Imperial ARC collecting dust. From there (if they paid attention) it would clearly have given them some valid market data: A new vehicle at that price-point sells just fine, a repainted vehicle that had previously been available for a much cheaper price did not.

But that would have been the logical approach.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2009, 04:03 PM »
Well we haven't accuse Hasbro of being logical...

Anyway, my wife found Admiral Yularen for me on Friday. Forgot to post it. Decent figure. I wanted it mostly for the holostand and mini holofig. However, Yularen is a good figure unto himself. I'm just not into the animated style though. Too skinny, most don't have knee articulation, etc.  Now if his head was an easy swap for the realistic Imperial officer... But I have a feeling it's way to small for that.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2009, 11:47 AM »
One of the posters on Jedi Insider just announced they found the Octuparra Droid at Wal-Mart over the weekend. If true, that is a sweet score because it isn't even due out until 9/5. The photos from SDCC were tauntalizing!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2009, 12:35 PM »

Anyway, my wife found Admiral Yularen for me on Friday. Forgot to post it. Decent figure. I wanted it mostly for the holostand and mini holofig. However, Yularen is a good figure unto himself. I'm just not into the animated style though.

I bought the figure as well for the table but sold the figure for $5 so he is easy to ditch. It also was a good buy because he came with $5 in clone cash. I am not down with the animated stuff but I do have a few like the IG droids and the Trandosian from the BP.

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 1, 2009, 09:53 PM »
Found and picked up the first two animated Wal-Mart exclusive two packs earlier today (Thire and Rys; Yoda and Jek).  Nice figures, and a decent deal (especially when compared with the Droid Factory two packs) at 13 bucks after tax. 

Offline therupert

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter!
« Reply #81 on: September 2, 2009, 05:37 AM »
Picked up the Clone Wars Y-Wing Bomber this evening at Wal-Mart.  I usually don't buy vehicles, but this thing is just too cool to pass up...and it's HUGE! 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 2, 2009, 10:38 AM »
Picked up the WM exclusive Rugosa 2-packs (Thire & Rys and Yoda & Jek) this morning.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 2, 2009, 11:06 AM »
I've seen the Y-Wing at WM and the new Imperial Deco V-Wing at TRU.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 2, 2009, 12:00 PM »
WOW!!!! Where do you guys live that are finding the CW 2-packs and Y-Wings at Walmart?!?! Tell me some of you are East Coast!

That is awesome, I am starved for new product. I just got back from a TRU run and they got JACK SQUAT. Not even the Imperial V-Wing exclusive which other TRU's have had FOR OVER A WEEK NOW!

Also, if any of you guys could post SKU #, Item #, etc for any of the 2packs or the Y-Wing that would be awesome too. Walmart's website has not been updated in about 3 years apparently. I want to start calling around to see if these are being hidden away in the stockrooms...thanks!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline therupert

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter!
« Reply #85 on: September 2, 2009, 12:42 PM »
Hey there.  I live in Los Angeles.

Here's the info on the Y-Wing Bomber:
Assortment Number:  91378/91350
UPC Number: 6 56569 43597 6

Hope that helps!  Good luck!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 2, 2009, 07:09 PM »
Thanks to a friend I now have the Ambush on Vulture's Claw BP. I like it more than I expected.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #87 on: September 2, 2009, 08:23 PM »
Thanks to a friend I now have the Ambush on Vulture's Claw BP. I like it more than I expected.

Nice. Surprisingly, I'm looking more forward to that set than the Geonosis Gunship Testes set.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline therupert

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter!
« Reply #88 on: September 3, 2009, 04:37 AM »
Picked up the Wal-Mart Exclusive 2 - Packs (Thire & Rys/Yoda & Jek) tonight.  Absolutely love these sets!  Very cool figures for sure!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 3, 2009, 08:14 PM »
I picked up Cad Bane today.

While he looks (really) cool, it basically stops there.

There isn't nearly enough articulation on this guy and he can't hold any of the guns correctly due to combined articulation problem and a right hand that's open too much.

Buy him because he looks cool, but just know his articulation is really bad.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda