Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336939 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #210 on: January 2, 2010, 06:03 PM »
Just picked up the last Yularen at my local WM. I'm really behind on CW stuff, but thankfully it seems to have a longer shelf life than Legacy.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 3, 2010, 12:28 AM »
Recently picked up:

Rex/Fives 2-pack
Cody/Echo 2-pack
Denal

I've just started buying these figures, so I've got a lot more to get
Yo is what yo is.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 3, 2010, 08:25 AM »
The Wal-Mart 2-packs like Echo/Cody are 50% off right now.  Just an FYI if anyone was waiting on a lower price or wants extra fodder.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 3, 2010, 05:50 PM »
Just picked up the last Yularen at my local WM. I'm really behind on CW stuff, but thankfully it seems to have a longer shelf life than Legacy.

Ain't that the truth?  I'm casual on CW stuff and held off on buying Yularen until a few weeks back.  Glad to finally have him and the awesome holo table in my collection.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 3, 2010, 08:39 PM »
Yeah, I kind of like that you don't have to buy CW stuff as soon as you see it, otherwise you'll never see it again. Though I do think I missed the boat on Gree and Matchstick.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 4, 2010, 01:07 PM »
I came across a totally slashed-open-with-a-switchblade Dooku and Speederbike Deluxe pack. Best part? The Dooku was missing. :o Second best part? The thief just put the package, sans Dooku, neatly back on the peg, with the clear plastic bubble/window slashed vertically. Some people must be really unintelligent to go through all the hard work just to steal a damn action figure.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 4, 2010, 10:53 PM »
TCW Basic Figs are all but gone at my 2 local Targets. All that's left at this time on my local shelves is an endless assortment of blue/white SL Saessee Tiins and Plo Koons.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 8, 2010, 08:42 PM »
Picked up a Matchstick tonight at WM.  First time I've seen him at retail.  They had quite a few waves of whatever wave he's from.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 9, 2010, 08:56 AM »
Picked up a Matchstick tonight at WM.  First time I've seen him at retail.  They had quite a few waves of whatever wave he's from.

Yeah, I have only seen him twice - both weeks ago. I'm glad I snagged him right away because I have seen a LOT of other figs from this Wave since then but no more Matchsticks. I can't figure out why some random clone is so popular.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 11, 2010, 03:08 PM »

Weird, I swung by Walmart at lunch today, and I actually saw him for only the third time ever. I went ahead and snatched that bad boy up to replace my slightly bendy carded one. So now I have 2.

Wonder what he is fetching on eBay?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 20, 2010, 01:05 AM »
Scored a few more CW figs lately- the Spacesuit versions of Obi-Wan and Ahsoka, and a Captain Argyus. I could see myself getting another Argyus so I at least had two Senate Commandos.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 20, 2010, 10:04 AM »
It's so sad we're posting about buying figures from Waves that were released MONTHS ago.

WTF Hasbro? Why not put out the Hondo/Aayla wave NOW? And then let the Palps/Thi-Sen wave out in late February/early March.

I don't see the strategic advantage in stifling BOTH of these waves until after ToyFair.

RELEASE THE NEW TOYS!!!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 21, 2010, 08:31 PM »
It's so sad we're posting about buying figures from Waves that were released MONTHS ago.

WTF Hasbro? Why not put out the Hondo/Aayla wave NOW? And then let the Palps/Thi-Sen wave out in late February/early March.

Well, Hasbro can only do so much. And what's out in stores right now is what collectors are buying. But yes, Hasbro should revise their distribution strategies.

And my grandmother bought a Whorm Loathsome for my little brother. Which has me having kunipshin fits because Loathsome is pretty damn hard to find in my area.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:33 PM by Jabba the Slug »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 21, 2010, 10:40 PM »
How many Whorms ya need? I saw about 20 last night... ;)

One of the local Wally's has a massive supply of the recent TCW waves, just nothing new.

Whatever, just more $$$ for my vintage fix...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 22, 2010, 04:22 AM »

Well, it's not all bad. I haven't had the scratch to buy most of the CW figs I'd like, and I'm now catching up. I was pretty stoked to find a Clone Cash coupon with my Ahsoka, which was great since I never found any of those before. I may spring for that Endor BP I've seen around lately.  :)