Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 337005 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #255 on: March 4, 2010, 11:05 AM »
I scored my STAP exclusive set this morning as well, and I really relieved to have it. I'm officially back OFF the Hunt now. (whew)

I will be curious to see how long it is before that next wave of BP's start showing up. At Toyfair Hasbro had them pegged for March.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 4, 2010, 02:46 PM »
Picked up second openers of TX-20 and the Talz Chief today for my loose CW collection. Both figures are really nice IMHO.

Yes, love Thi-Sen and love how the armor can come on and off.  The figure is really tall (just a hair shorter than Preview Wookiee Warrior) and I'll definitely be building an army of these Talz!!  Fantastic figure.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2010, 02:46 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 4, 2010, 04:14 PM »
Nice set, very happy to add it to my CW collection. Not too thrilled about the price, since only a year a half ago we were getting two STAPs and two figures for $20, but thanks to Hasbro math, the economy has resulted in a 150+% price increase!

Worse still is that a BP from two years ago had two STAPS and three figures for $20.

I will be curious to see how long it is before that next wave of BP's start showing up. At Toyfair Hasbro had them pegged for March.

Is the next wave of BPs the wave filled with repacked figures? I could be wrong, but I think those are available online.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 4, 2010, 07:56 PM »

Is the next wave of BPs the wave filled with repacked figures? I could be wrong, but I think those are available online.

Not sure about the TLC ones, but the 2 TCW BP's are definitely both straight repacks, yes. They have been available online for awhile, but I'm in no big rush on these so I'm fine to wait them out at my local haunts.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 6, 2010, 03:57 AM »
I went to a Target known for its hit-or-miss finds. And I found some GREAT finds! What interested me the most were the repack Dooku's and Kit Fisto's that had the call-out sticker for Nahdarr Vebb! I was expecting these to be found only on the Aayla/Sidious Waves.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 6, 2010, 07:34 AM »
I went to a Target known for its hit-or-miss finds. And I found some GREAT finds! What interested me the most were the repack Dooku's and Kit Fisto's that had the call-out sticker for Nahdarr Vebb! I was expecting these to be found only on the Aayla/Sidious Waves.

There are previously released figures that accompany the nine new figures that were spread out over the two most recent waves. So far I've seen Obi-Wan, Anakin, Cody, Rex, Kit Fisto, Dooku, Matchstick, Cad Bane and Yoda with stickers. Also when wave 13 case and the revision case hit there will also be Echo (stupid to bring him out again, he is the WORST selling Clonetrooper around here), Grievous and the Droideka with stickers.

Moving on to my recent purchases....last night I picked up some more figures to build out my ranks - a couple TX-20s, another Talz Chief and the Battledroid w/Scout Tank....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 6, 2010, 06:48 PM »
Today I picked up another Anakin w/Desert Skiff, another Obi-Wan w/Freeco speeder and finally an opener of the ARF Trooper w/AT-RT.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #262 on: March 12, 2010, 09:34 PM »
Found fresh cases of last year's Whorm Loathsome/Admiral Yularen waves at both Wally World and TRU today.  Kind of odd.  Not too disappointed as I never got those two guys (and more Jawas!).

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #263 on: March 12, 2010, 11:31 PM »
Yeah, Loathsom and Yularen are great figures. I was pleasantly surprised with them after I opened them. Nice score!
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 18, 2010, 11:21 AM »
I forget what the wave numbers are for the CW line, and whether or not they start over each year or not, but I found the Thi-Sen/Anakin/Palpatine/etc. wave at Target yesterday.  I picked up Thi-Sen, Anakin, Palpatine, and the Tactical Droid.  A pretty nice wave overall, I especially like the Talz - nicely done.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 18, 2010, 12:56 PM »
Interestingly, I have seen TONS of TCW Wave 3 here recently, mostly in Targets, but Wave 2 has completely disappeared. I really wanted another Hondo and Aayla for openers, but you can't find any of that wave anywhere around here anymore. I never even saw this wave hit at Walmart. I saw them first at TRU and snagged them, but they never restocked after that first case. I saw a few more at Target but they didn't last long and were definitely never in the numbers that I have seen for Wave 3.

I'm starting to wonder if those will ever trickle out again.

Oh, and like others, I have seen a recent glut of older TCW waves hit the shelves, mostly that horrid Padme assortment. I think something must have gone down at the warehouse and they had to dump those in a hurry.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 18, 2010, 01:51 PM »
I found the new AT-RT at Target the other day.  These seem to be somewhat hard to find as it was only the second one I've seen between the several TRUs, Targets and Wal Marts in my area (versus tons of the Count Dooku Speederbikes).

This is actually a cool little vehicle and well worth the price.  It is smaller than the ROTS AT-RT and lacks the walking feature, but seems better-proportioned and has a better chin gun feature.  The ROTS AT-RT gunner figure looks good on it.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #267 on: March 18, 2010, 08:28 PM »
Found tons of wave 3 (and some wave 2, which hasn't shown up on its own yet) today at Wal Mart.  Bought them all.   ;D  These are some of the best CW figs yet, and nothing beats dudes in snow gear.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 19, 2010, 07:10 PM »
I got the newest wave (Snowbi Wan) plus a Commander Bly figure.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 24, 2010, 03:18 PM »
Got in a bunch of stuff from EE today, part of that order was a case of the latest BattlePacks, so today I got:

• Holocron Heist BattlePack
  • Jedi Showdown BattlePack

All I need to do is find the SnObi-Wan wave and I'll be "done" with the Red/White Clone Wars line....
Peter