Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 93687 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #390 on: September 9, 2010, 06:14 PM »
WM dropped Clone Wars prices to $6.50, so I snagged Pre Vizla and Aurra Sing. Two figs I've been eyeing, but couldn't bring myself to spend $8 on. (especially after I picked up my first CW figs over the summer for $4.50)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 9, 2010, 10:15 PM »
I got Yoda and Oddball via ebay auctions for less than $2 each. No packages, all accessories, including cards. That's Yoda is pretty darn good. Oddball still has the sitting issue, and for a pilot figure...that's irritating. Nothing for him to fly anyway.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #392 on: September 9, 2010, 10:42 PM »
Y-Wings and V-19's and Gunships?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 10, 2010, 11:47 AM »
Y-Wings and V-19's and Gunships?

No, I meant that I  don't own anything for him to fly...that's he's supposed to be flying.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #394 on: September 10, 2010, 03:37 PM »
Ah ok, gotcha.  Yeah, pilots without rides seem lonely for some reason.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #395 on: September 13, 2010, 02:30 AM »
I decided this weekend to pick up the Hailfire Droid.  It's pretty cool, and a little cooler than I was expecting, actually, since its rocket firing mechansim is a little more controllable than I was assuming it would be.  It's fairly zippy and powerful, though the wheels have little traction to them.

The Clone is a very VERY plain white Clone with virtually no decoration on it besides black on the visor and bodyglove, making it I guess sort of a variant paintjob.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 13, 2010, 09:48 AM »
The Clone is a very VERY plain white Clone with virtually no decoration on it besides black on the visor and bodyglove, making it I guess sort of a variant paintjob.

I KNEW it!!  ;D

Well, I always suspected that this figure was at least a slight variation over previous versions. Glad to hear I may have been right, definitely helps justify the expense.
In full submission we are reborn, we are the ploughshare and yet we are the sword...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 13, 2010, 04:59 PM »
Picked up another Slave I ultimate battle pack this morning.

This one is in better shape than the first one I grabbed. Still not perfectly mint - but since it was in better shape than the one I had (and I'm dying to open it) I went ahead and took the plunge.

If I find one in better shape down the line, I'll grab it (I'm in the same boat with the Vintage packaged AT-AT) but I can also live with the version I got now if I had to.

I'm looking forward to opening up this battlepack at some point this week!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 14, 2010, 09:25 PM »
Picked up another Slave I ultimate battle pack this morning.

This one is in better shape than the first one I grabbed. Still not perfectly mint - but since it was in better shape than the one I had (and I'm dying to open it) I went ahead and took the plunge.

If I find one in better shape down the line, I'll grab it (I'm in the same boat with the Vintage packaged AT-AT) but I can also live with the version I got now if I had to.

I'm looking forward to opening up this battlepack at some point this week!

I'm really jonesing to open mine too, but I don't think I can justify buying another just for that purpose. Curse this OCD!
In full submission we are reborn, we are the ploughshare and yet we are the sword...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 17, 2010, 11:29 PM »
Picked up another Mando with Speeder Bike set tonight while searching for new figs at TRU. First time I have actually seen it on the pegs. (The one I got already was courtesy of a helpful employee who brought one out from the back)

Not sure if I will open this or exchange one of them, the first one I got had a wonky Mando, looked like he had 2 left legs.

Also saw the vintage AT-AT packaging for the first time there - sweet.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 21, 2010, 10:45 AM »
Ended up exchanging my spare Mando w/Speeder Bike set, kept the mintier one.

This was helpful, as I needed the cash for new toys!  ;D

TRU had both new TCW BP's - Mandos and ARC Troopers - Yeehaw! Hot off the truck too, got there 1 minute after they opened. (Only 1 of each out, whew)

No sign of the Nikto Guard or TCW Wave 3. Will have to check the other 2 stores for those this week.

BTW, it seems really dead around these parts lately. What's up?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 22, 2010, 06:57 PM »
Found CW wave 3 (Ki Adi Mundi, Flamethrower Clone, Clone Pilot Goji, R2) this morning at TRU.

Nice wave - didn't have that much money with me so I was only able to pick up a set to open and a set to keep MOC. I would have loved to buy them out of the Flamethrower Clone.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 24, 2010, 03:21 PM »
Found TCW Wave 3 remnants today as well, at 2 different Targets. No sign of Goji at either one though, and the Flamethrower Clone will have to be an opener as the card is dinged. So I still need MOC versions of those 2 guys.

I did notice that I appear to have $5 Clone cash in both the Ki-Adi and Flamethrower Clone figures I picked up. I could see the small blue paper with "5" in the corner, which I assume is what that is.

At least I can use one of those. Ki-Adi is minty and will remain forever encased within his bubble.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • http://darby-harn.blogspot.com/
« Reply #403 on: September 24, 2010, 08:27 PM »
I found these today as well.  Got the Flame Trooper and Goji!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 27, 2010, 11:22 AM »
Went back out this morning to hunt down Goji, and sure enough, found him on the pegs at 1 of the 2 local Targets that had no Wave 3 on Friday when I last checked. Only 1 there, but it was on a decent card, so a definite keeper.

Now I just need that Nikto Guard and I am back to being all caught up.  ;D