Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336972 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #555 on: May 29, 2011, 05:32 PM »
Still a great deal though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ysalamir

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 1, 2011, 08:06 PM »
Found Barris Offee, Eeth Koth, and Commander Colt at Walmart the other day. They are all awesome, especially Commander Colt. I suspect he's not going to be easy to get these days.
I passed on the Riot Control Trooper for now, as he doesn't really thrill me that much. I finally found a TVC Fi-Ek-Sirch I had to have, so the money went to him instead.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 4, 2011, 09:47 PM »
Yard sale find, a completely stripped AAT droid tank (the blue one) for 50 cents. I've got quite a scrap vehicle collection going.  Also that black R5 unit from ROTJ for 10 cents, minus antenna (not clone wars, of course).

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 29, 2011, 07:08 AM »
Found Koth, Offee, Colt, and Vancouver Clone Trooper yesterday at a local Target. Nice to find something for myself finally again.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 29, 2011, 08:44 AM »
Vancouver Clone Trooper

???

edit: nm, didn't have my coffee yet so it took a minute to catch up. Nice one!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:45 AM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 6, 2011, 11:49 AM »
Wow, I actually purchased some new Clone Wars toys today, seems like forever. TRU had a fresh case of the 4 new Deluxe Figure and Vehicle Sets, or whatever they are calling them now. ($17.99 apiece)

I actually had to hit up 2 different TRU's to snag all 4 though, another collector beat me to the Grievous and Castas sets at the first store. And I got to the store 3 minutes after it opened. Crazy, this was the most competition I had seen for SW toys in quite awhile. There were actually a few guys milling around, which is highly unusual.

I had my pick of everything at the other store though. So $85 later I got all 4 new deluxe sets plus my highly desired Captain Fordo to boot.

Game, set, match!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 8, 2011, 12:29 PM »
Finally scored some new Clone Wars toys over the past two days...

Yesterday, I was able to snag a complete set of the new Deluxe sets...

This morning I was able to score a complete set of the Barriss Offee/Agen Kolar/Riot Clone/ARC Trooper wave, plus openers of the two Jedi.

Feels good to be getting "caught up" a bit....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 8, 2011, 05:44 PM »
The Class I vehicles with figures are pretty cool.  They definitely took the mini-rig concept and did something more interesting with it than Kenner did in their day.

On a seperate note, has anyone found the season 3 Ahsoka figure nearly impossible to find?!?!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 8, 2011, 08:50 PM »
On a seperate note, has anyone found the season 3 Ahsoka figure nearly impossible to find?!?!

I found it back in march, but didn't like the paint job on the one I saw. "I'll get a better one when I see them again"

Yeah, right...3 months later...never saw another one. I hate this hobby sometimes, and I'm not even a completist.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 8, 2011, 10:17 PM »
I was surprised to see Embo on the pegs again tonight at Target - is he part of a new wave that is shipping?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 9, 2011, 01:07 PM »
Picked up the four new Deluxe Figure/Vehicle (or whatever they're calling them now) sets at TRU over the last three days.  The brand new price of nearly 20 bucks each stings a lot, especially on Castas, as his bike is even smaller than the Dooku Speeder Bike we paid 10 bucks for almost 10 years ago.  The size and coolness of the Grievous Attack Cycle makes it sting even more.  Oddly, that's the winner of the four in my opinion, and it was the one I was looking forward to the least.

I've found everything that has been done in the CW line, post-Hevy in Training Armor wave (and in vintage, post-repaint/retool wave) is pretty much impossible to find.  Retail is an absolute nightmare in all regards related to SW toys these days everywhere I've looked.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2011, 01:07 PM by DoctorPadawan »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #566 on: July 9, 2011, 03:58 PM »
Yeah, TRU can piss off with their prices.  I haven't bought anything there that wasn't on sale in quite some time.  If it isn't exclusive or on sale (or both) then I'm pretty happy to let them sink.  Kay-Bee 2.0 can fail if they so choose.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 9, 2011, 05:47 PM »
Only clone wars figure I can find that was released in 2011 is season 3 Obi-Wan.

Most recent vintage I can find are  leftovers of the AOTC wave, and those are uncommon (I never saw Zam Wessel at all), usually Super Battle Droid or Obi-Wan.

I can't even catch a break on clearance. Hit three Targets, no marked down deluxe...which never seemed to sell before...but *poof* gone at a mere 30% off.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #568 on: July 9, 2011, 05:53 PM »
I ran into the same thing Scockery, on the Deluxe at Target, which seems fishy to me.  Like maybe it was pulled from the floor rather than clearance.  I hit 3 or 4 Targets last week, and they all were devoid of any Deluxe...  That doesn't add up.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 9, 2011, 06:46 PM »
Found grievous the clone and the battle droid set today. Castas was the one I was looking forward to the most. Someone beat me to it. I hate having to work on saturday.
     The prices are zany. One rang up 18.99 listed as sw deluxe fig& vehicle. The other sw rapid strike vehicle at 19.99. I should have waited a couple of weeks when these hit walmart, but with how distribution has been, if you don't buy it when you see it, you may be out of luck. If target is clearing the inventory of the deluxe you can bet the new cases are at the wharehouses ready to ship out.
     As far as Ashoka I don't remember seeing a new figure on a peg in over a month. Walmart shipped out the leftover Embo waves they had in stock and the have been clogging the pegs since. I am glad that the aqua droid is due to come out again, because I want one or two more. As per the last couple of years, the first two waves get over ordered and then we wait forever for a chance at the last couple of waves.