Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336944 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #630 on: August 17, 2011, 07:27 PM »
Hmm, that's new...  I've not seen any WM resets locally yet (but haven't been to WM lately), but was told WM stores are getting new product and are to wait to put it out with a reset...  Makes me wonder if Hasbro is cleaning things up a little for them, coinciding with the reset, for them to intentionally pull a punch like that.

Then again, not many stores near me have the space to put something new out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 18, 2011, 04:15 PM »
Picked up 7 CW figs at K Mart today: both Savage Oppress', R7D4, Rex w/ rocket pack, Chewie, Even Piell, and Commander Wollfe.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #632 on: August 18, 2011, 05:11 PM »
Picked up 7 CW figs at K Mart today: both Savage Oppress', R7D4, Rex w/ rocket pack, Chewie, Even Piell, and Commander Wollfe.

Nice finds Nick!
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 18, 2011, 05:57 PM »

Nice finds Nick!

I spotted those yesterday too (minus Savage Oppress), but I passed.  I'm wondering, were they $9.19 each at K-Mart by you?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:58 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 18, 2011, 08:15 PM »
Killing me...KILLING me, I hate being in a non-toy corridor for vacation! Thank God it's all over tomorrow and I can resume my maniacal search for new swag. I did steal out to the one local K-Mart here in DE last night but all they had newish were the 2 new role playing masks. No new figures, vehicles, etc. Not even a B-Wing, which I have still yet to ever come across.

I did get word from a friend back home that out local TRU finally got their allotment of Comm. Blackout in, so at least I have that to look forward to upon my return.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 19, 2011, 07:59 AM »
They were $9.19 each and didn't scan up at first so it took a while to actually get out of there. The first lady that came to help wanted to throw the "street date" reason at me, but we worked through that.

Obviously $9.19 hurt, but now I don't have to keep looking for those particular ones anymore and it's worth it to me just for that.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 19, 2011, 10:32 AM »
Yeah, I couldn't do $9.19 for CW figures.  I think by now we all know that the main point of a retail exclusive like K-Mart's TVC B-Wing is to increase foot traffic into stores, and in turn drive additional sales.  But for them to proceed to gouge customers at $9.19 a figure is out of line. 

Right now Target has marked down both Clone Wars and Saga Legends to $6.99 until September 1st.  And I can even deal with $7.99 per figure for CW, and $9.99 for Vintage.  This seems like K-Mart taking advantage.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 19, 2011, 07:01 PM »
Returned home in time today to do a nice little toy blitzkrieg through 3 Walmarts, 3 Targets, and a TRU. I was 1-for-7, eesh.

I did pick up the last 2 Blackout figures from TRU, at least one of which was minty-carded enough to keep, so I am set on this guy.

Thinking I may just go ahead and pick up the Attack Shuttle this weekend if I can't track down any of the Wave 12 figs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #638 on: August 21, 2011, 12:32 AM »
Hmm, that's new...  I've not seen any WM resets locally yet (but haven't been to WM lately), but was told WM stores are getting new product and are to wait to put it out with a reset...  Makes me wonder if Hasbro is cleaning things up a little for them, coinciding with the reset, for them to intentionally pull a punch like that.

Then again, not many stores near me have the space to put something new out.

So I noticed my one WM reset, the other didn't, but the other has some new items out without the reset and the one that did a full reset put out some Wave 6 Vintage, some more of the last wave of CW figures (not the brand new), the new Deluxe, some more battlepacks...  Thought I'd see more, but it's not anything too grand.

I was surprised to see more Vin Wave 6 honestly, but for some that's good I guess.

The store that didn't reset had also put out Wave 6 (1 case) and new Deluxe, but still no new battlepacks and such.

Also noticing the toy clearance area about doubled in size at both stores.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 21, 2011, 10:10 AM »
That's pretty much exactly what I am seeing here as well, Jesse. Even the Walmarts that seem to have completed their resets have not put out anything I cannot walk into any Target around town and buy for the past 3 weeks. Just a ton of RC tanks, attack shuttles, Wave 1 Rapid Strike vehicles, and the usual mish-mash of BP's which NEVER include the Capture the Droids set.

If that's their idea of a big reset they are going to be sorely disappointed with the lack of sales. Their "new" stuff really isn't that new at all. I really don't get why they didn't at least stock THEIR OWN Fall exclusives, namely the BARC with Buzz and the AT-RT. Totally MIA.

I did notice in a couple of stores they had a lot of empty pegs for figures and was told they were expecting more stock in next week.

Still though, it's very odd to have so many new figure sightings in places like PA, NJ, KY and absolutely no trace of anything here in VA. Usually we are all in the same "distro belt".

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #640 on: August 21, 2011, 05:28 PM »
Saw more of the same again today...  wave 6 Vinty figure deluge at a store, some of the last wave of CW, not the latest, some battlepacks and whatnot.  "New", but nothing flashy, and as basic figures go, stuff that WM has been getting in for months now, just more of it mostly.   :-\

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 22, 2011, 12:22 PM »
Ugh, I just got back from a Walmart that was mid-reset and I saw no less than SEVEN FULL CASES of Saga Legends figures on the pallets waiting to be put out.  ::)

The thought of that garbage clogging the pegs there for the next few months is just sickening. I can see it now, they will jam ALL the pegs full of that stuff choking out any chance whatsoever of any new TCW figures making it out from the back. Spectacular fail, really.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 22, 2011, 12:51 PM »
Ugh, I just got back from a Walmart that was mid-reset and I saw no less than SEVEN FULL CASES of Saga Legends figures on the pallets waiting to be put out.  ::)

The thought of that garbage clogging the pegs there for the next few months is just sickening. I can see it now, they will jam ALL the pegs full of that stuff choking out any chance whatsoever of any new TCW figures making it out from the back. Spectacular fail, really.

Yeah, but if we were real collectors, we would be supporting the Legends line and buying up all these great figures we already have dozens of.  Truly, the fault here lies with the collectors.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 22, 2011, 09:53 PM »

Yeah, but if we were real collectors, we would be supporting the Legends line and buying up all these great figures we already have dozens of.  Truly, the fault here lies with the collectors.

You already have dozens of the Spacetrooper? Lucky man!  ;)

Think how fun it will be if/when Vintage and Legends merge into one line...and cases, like some Clone Wars cases, contain nothing but reissued figures of main characters.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 23, 2011, 05:26 PM »
Army of the Republic Battle Pack for $17 at Wal-Mart. Which is cool...I guess....if I had a Costco and a membership to it...2 for $26.

Maybe the other Wal-Marts reduced their many Gelagrub Patrol sets...but I still wouldn't pay $17 for it...maybe $12 on a good day.

The RC Hailfire is reduced to $35, IIRC.