Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336898 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #645 on: August 24, 2011, 10:31 AM »
Found Chewbacca, Even Piell, Jar Jar, R7-D4 and the new Captain Rex at Walmart this morning.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 24, 2011, 10:40 AM »
Found Chewbacca, Even Piell, Jar Jar, R7-D4 and the new Captain Rex at Walmart this morning.

Was this a location you had been checking frequently? I went to six more Walmarts yesterday, including 2 so far out of town I had NEVER been there before, and they all had garbage for TCW figs. It's really infuriating.

This is the biggest frustration for me as a collector, new stuff hitting everywhere but around where I live. And I normally have good luck here. Not this time though.

I did find a fresh case of the Stealth Ops Clone at TRU this morning, along with 2 full cases of "Wave 2" battlepacks which were really not Wave 2 at all, because NEITHER had the Capture of the Droids BP which is literally impossible to find, they were Wave 2 REVISION cases. I am already sick of seeing these Wave 1 BP's falling off the shelves, most of the stores around here have at least 8-12 of these things.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #647 on: August 24, 2011, 10:50 AM »
It's a store I check every 3 or 4 days. It is usually so bad I often skip it all together. They were working on a reset last week and the Clone Wars figures were very light on Saturday, so on a whim I went in today. Missed out on Savage I guess but I'm not surprised.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #648 on: August 24, 2011, 12:51 PM »
I saw Piell today at a WM as well Jayson.  Nobody else though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #649 on: August 29, 2011, 02:40 AM »
Saw a number of fresh Battlepacks, including the Kamino set that's rougher to track down (at least here anyway).  Picked it up but not sure what to do.

WM had one and Target as well, so that was nice to see.  Tons of the other sets though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 29, 2011, 08:53 AM »
I went out late last night to enjoy some electric lights and air conditioning, since is appears unlikely those things will ever be at my house again because of THIS FING HURRICANE!  >:(

I too am seeing more BP's on the shelves than I have EVER seen before, mostly due to the slimmer packaging. I must have found at least 12 out at 2 different Walmarts. And NEVER, EVER the maddeningly elusive Capture of the Droids set.

Still no sign of new figures here. I am headed to Atlanta later today for business for a few days, so I hope I have better luck down there.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 2, 2011, 04:19 PM »
Screaming deal at my local Costco.  $26 for a bundled battle pack two pack.  Awesome deal if you want some older figures. Random assortment of bundled Battle of Orto Plutonia, Rishi Outpost Attack, Holocron Heist, Clone Troopers and Droids, Jedi Showdown.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 2, 2011, 04:46 PM »
Not so much a find - my local TRU changed the marquee area in the front to be Clone Wars themed. The graphic is pretty cool - it shows Anakin dueling with Savage Opress, Obi-Wan dueling with Ventress and Yoda and Dooku.

No new product, they essentially moved product from the home location in the boys action figure aisles over to the marquee - maybe they're expecting stuff next week. (one can only hope)
« Last Edit: September 3, 2011, 11:32 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 4, 2011, 11:35 AM »
Found and bought Seripas.  Awesome concept for a character and figure and looks good next to Embo.

He was in a cardboard displayer in front of the new Clone Wars display most TRUs have now when you walk in.

They also had Saga Legends Spacetroopers in there so I got a couple of those.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jacobdlt1

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 4, 2011, 04:24 PM »
I hate having to wait for the new figures to restock at my local stores. I asked and they said they will restock when they sell all the old cheap/ripped ones no body wants to buy. Instead I go to a local collectors warehouse but they charge like 20 bucks for some :(.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 4, 2011, 09:42 PM »
Finally saw the zillo beast pack at target today. I was hoping that I would see something up close to make me want to buy it, but on the shelf it stayed.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 4, 2011, 10:32 PM »
Not so much a find - my local TRU changed the marquee area in the front to be Clone Wars themed. The graphic is pretty cool - it shows Anakin dueling with Savage Opress, Obi-Wan dueling with Ventress and Yoda and Dooku.

No new product, they essentially moved product from the home location in the boys action figure aisles over to the marquee - maybe they're expecting stuff next week. (one can only hope)

Didn't I read that you found new figures there later? Or am I crazy? Thought I recalled you posting about finding Jetpack Rex or some such thing.

None of the TRU's have reset here of course.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 5, 2011, 11:07 AM »
My local TRU reset last week, but essentially moved everything from the regular spot in the action figure aisle into the front of the store.  This means that there are still only about 8 vintage figures (3 of them ROTS Clones and 1 Sandtrooper), at least 8 each of both CW Obi-Wans, and about 12 total Saga Legends figures.  A lot of empty space to say the least, and given how infrequently they've been stocking over the last year, I can see the display coming and going with nothing new even being trotted out for the reset.

They did, however, check their computer to see if/when they would be getting the TFU/RC five packs, only to find that they weren't scheduled for their next truck and they still didn't know if/when they would be getting them in.  It turns out that another TRU about an hour away (which I was going to be driving by on a trip later in the week) had them on the shelves, so the manager at that TRU was kind enough to pull and hold one of each for me.  When I showed up at that TRU, they had the same abysmal basic figure selection, but they did have the Commander Blackout figure, so I grabbed him along with the two five packs.

On a final note, along this road trip, I stopped at:

-4 Wal-Marts
-2 Targets
-2 Toys R Uses
-2 K-Marts

The thing that I found fascinating was that ALL of these stores had essentially the same figures as the ones before it, and all of them were there in abundance.  Tons of SL Anakins, Obi-Wans, 501st Clones, ROTS Clones, AOTC Clones, and Hoth Hans; tons of CW Obi-Wans (both styles), ARF Troopers (white), Cody, and Rex; tons of vintage ROTS Clones, AOTC Obi-Wans, Sandtroopers, and the random yellow-helmeted Utapau Clone and DSE Luke.  All the pegs were jammed full of these figures to the point that the stores couldn't stock new waves if they wanted to, and many of those figures are STILL shipping in newer case assortments, thus adding to the glut. 

After that long trip, I walked into a local WM yesterday and found the first Savage Opress wave of CW on the pegs.  Proving once again that you can go a thousand miles and find what you're looking for right on your front door.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 5, 2011, 05:05 PM »
I picked up the following from TRU this afternoon:

Seripias
Stealth Clone x2
Saesee Tiin
new Rex
Republic AV-7 Mobile Cannon

My wallet hurts...  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #659 on: September 5, 2011, 06:01 PM »
It's funny watching the TVC inventory that way...  Target and WM keep getting Wave 4, 5, and 6, and it's basically the same stuff that comes in and either sits, moves slowly, or sells quickly.  It's basically the same around me Dr. P, but a little more variety sits and sells slowly.  Royal Guards, Endor Rebels, Utapau Clones, R5, Stormtrooper, etc.

I haven't seen a lick of Wave 7 for a while.  :'(