Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 338973 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #675 on: September 9, 2011, 11:01 PM »
In Costco today and found a whole pallet of RC Hailfire droids for $19.99.  With these and the old battlepacks, Costco has a whole lot of poor selling Clone Wars product!  I was kinda surprised that they did not have the Attack Shuttle.

Give it 6 months.  ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 9, 2011, 11:27 PM »
Found the new CW Plo Koon at of all places, a Walgreens.  Never mind the fact that it was $12.99.  As a result I passed.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 10, 2011, 03:16 PM »
My TRU got the shipper thing as well.  Good thing, too, since otherwise I have no doubt they wouldn't have gotten any basic figure cases in otherwise.  Four-sided, with the Seripas wave of CW, the exclusive Stealth Ops Clone, and the "newest" wave of SL on one side; vintage (wave 6, complete with pale lightsaber Dagobah Luke and yellow helmeted 212th Clones and Stormtroopers) on another; lightsabers and vehicles on another.  So yeah.  It got put out Thursday, and all that was left by yesterday (in the CW figures) were multiples of Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Cody, and a single Saesee Tiin.  But hey, I guess Hasbro knows those case assortments better than anyone. 

So yeah, anyway, I picked up 1 each of Seripas (one of the best CW figures Hasbro has done), the new Rex (great update), the non-exclusive Stealth Ops Clone, Tiin, and Cold Weather Kit Fisto, along with another SL Stormtrooper, and the Republic Artillery Cannon thing (which is very cool).

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 10, 2011, 06:25 PM »
Had occasion to road trip this morning up to Northern VA to visit IKEA for a new Billy, and wouldn't you know they have a TRU on the same block. I got there early and was able to snag another Jetpack Rex and Stealth Ops Clone Trooper, plus TWO Saesee Tiins. Nice.

So now I'm just missing Seripas and the re-packed Shirtless Savage from Wave 11, which seems to be the only wave TRU is stocking right now.

I guess the rest are all hitting Walmarts, although I checked at least 3-4 on my way up today and saw nothing even remotely new.

Thanks for the tip about Walgreen's, Nick. I will have to add that to my list of offbeat places to check, like Kohl's or FYE.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 10, 2011, 06:46 PM »
No new figs at my TRU. Saw the Assassin Spider droid battle pack, though. I think the droid could be more articulated. So I passed.

Got Rishi Outpack Attack battle pack for $17 at Wal-Mart. Those commando droids seem even smaller out of the package (never owned any before now).  :-\

Target's $18 sale on the Battle Packs shows that no one likes Obi-Wan again...8 sets at one store and 7 of them were Geonosis packs. (I'd be inclined to get that one but I just won the Geonosian on ebay by himself).

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 10, 2011, 11:21 PM »
Saw my first new carded figure today at toys r us. Managed to find the cold gear fisto buried between several obi's. I am almost ready to stop going to my local Walmart, until they have a 3.97 sale to thin out the glut of old figures, I am out of luck. I am hopeful the sale this weekend at tru will clear the pegs for the new waves to ship. Here's hoping.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 11, 2011, 02:49 PM »
Found the new CW Plo Koon at of all places, a Walgreens.  Never mind the fact that it was $12.99.  As a result I passed.

I've noticed that my local Walgreens is putting up figures from the Armored Savage Opress wave one-by-one. Yeah, they're $13, but I'll buy that Savage if I find it, because I know it's gonna be a pain in the ass to find at retail.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 12, 2011, 08:53 AM »

I did find a new floor shipper at TRU up by the new massive Star Wars display - I grabbed Seripas (w00t!), Shirtless Savage, and Saesse.

I went back to TRU yesterday and the girl up at customer service let me return the above figures and re-purchase them along with some others (Snow Kit, Aqua Droid, and CW Yoda) so I could get that R2-D2 thumb drive thingy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 13, 2011, 12:51 AM »
Not a big collector of CW figs but I snag them on occasion. I finally got Yoda during the TRU sale. My local store put out the same 4-sided display mentioned by DoctorPadawan above. I saw it on Thursday originally and found the newest wave of CW figures (updated Rex, snowtime Kit, etc) including a lone shirtless Savage but I stupidly passed on everything due to the ridiculous $9 prices. Of course when I went back yesterday for the sale they were all gone.

Anyway, Yoda is a great figure that completely blows the TVC "perfect" Yoda out of the water. Such a shame.

Anyway, there are still a few more CW figures I need to pick up, yet I can't find them. I still want to snag the updated Anakin (I found one at TRU but the neck was a different color than the rest of the body?) and Ahsoka, along with Chewie and Savage (probably going to hold out for the armored Savage)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 13, 2011, 08:54 AM »
My local store put out the same 4-sided display mentioned by DoctorPadawan above. I saw it on Thursday originally and found the newest wave of CW figures (updated Rex, snowtime Kit, etc) including a lone shirtless Savage but I stupidly passed on everything due to the ridiculous $9 prices. Of course when I went back yesterday for the sale they were all gone.

I hate to say it, but you are probably SOL on those new CW figures for that store at least. I spoke to a TRU manager yesterday who indicated that they got 2 new TCW cases along with the 4-way display, sort of as a package deal. (It's not like they got that sweet new 4 way and coincedentally got 2 new cases of Wave 11 to throw up there) This sucks, because once those 2 cases sell through, which generally happens in a matter of HOURS, they really are unable to restock with any more new figures after that.

I've been to 4/5 TRU's within 75 miles of here, and it's the same story every place. They put out 2 cases of Wave 11 for the 4-way, and then nothing. No restocks. The fifth TRU, which ironically is the closest one, is the only one which inexplicably has failed to put up their 4-way display. This is literally my last hope for finding Shirtless Savage and Seripas. Because I know those guys are never showing back up at the 4 TRU's where I already missed them.

I've yet to see a single online store report from anyone who went back and found MORE of these figures at TRU after they initially were stocked. If you blinked, you missed them.  :(

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #685 on: September 13, 2011, 09:52 AM »
Anyway, there are still a few more CW figures I need to pick up, yet I can't find them. I still want to snag the updated Anakin (I found one at TRU but the neck was a different color than the rest of the body?) and Ahsoka, along with Chewie and Savage (probably going to hold out for the armored Savage)

There is a running change on that Anakin that corrects the neck color. I might have an extra if you are interested.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 09:52 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #686 on: September 13, 2011, 04:41 PM »
My local store put out the same 4-sided display mentioned by DoctorPadawan above. I saw it on Thursday originally and found the newest wave of CW figures (updated Rex, snowtime Kit, etc) including a lone shirtless Savage but I stupidly passed on everything due to the ridiculous $9 prices. Of course when I went back yesterday for the sale they were all gone.

I hate to say it, but you are probably SOL on those new CW figures for that store at least. I spoke to a TRU manager yesterday who indicated that they got 2 new TCW cases along with the 4-way display, sort of as a package deal. (It's not like they got that sweet new 4 way and coincedentally got 2 new cases of Wave 11 to throw up there) This sucks, because once those 2 cases sell through, which generally happens in a matter of HOURS, they really are unable to restock with any more new figures after that.

I've been to 4/5 TRU's within 75 miles of here, and it's the same story every place. They put out 2 cases of Wave 11 for the 4-way, and then nothing. No restocks. The fifth TRU, which ironically is the closest one, is the only one which inexplicably has failed to put up their 4-way display. This is literally my last hope for finding Shirtless Savage and Seripas. Because I know those guys are never showing back up at the 4 TRU's where I already missed them.

I've yet to see a single online store report from anyone who went back and found MORE of these figures at TRU after they initially were stocked. If you blinked, you missed them.  :(

I think you're being a little Chicken Little-ish when you say you know Savage and Serpias will "never" show up again at your stores.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 13, 2011, 09:38 PM »
If this fits the pattern of the last few years, the will be hard to find at first, then flood the pegs until Christmas, all disappear and then reappear just in time to block a new wave that is being released from finding the shelves. I would not sweat the Seripas wave.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 13, 2011, 10:07 PM »
I think you're being a little Chicken Little-ish when you say you know Savage and Serpias will "never" show up again at your stores.

Yeah, there is definitely a frustration factor, but honestly the TRU's around here are funny with their TCW waves. Some waves show up in plenty, others I have literally only seen once never to be restocked. I've only seen Colt twice at all the TRU's around here, for instance. I just don't feel like I can take it for granted these guys will show up again outside of this latest promotion anytime soon.

That's not to say the figures won't be available elsewhere, I'm sure they will, but that will take awhile and this TRU promotion was really the best chance to score these for the foreseeable future. The scene around here otherwise is really dead. 

I did see an El-Les and Comm, Wolffe at Walmart tonight, but they did not appear to be carry forwards from any of the new waves.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 14, 2011, 02:16 AM »

There is a running change on that Anakin that corrects the neck color. I might have an extra if you are interested.

Thanks for the offer but I'm spending enough this month with sales and the Blu-Rays, so unfortunately I have to pass
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks