Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 337031 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #705 on: September 22, 2011, 06:15 PM »
I snagged a Commander Jet, Savage Oppress, and Kamino ARF Trooper from Wal-Mart on Tuesday. They were $6.88 each, which seems lower than usual.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #706 on: September 22, 2011, 06:39 PM »
That is.  I'd say maybe a rollback is in effect?  Maybe the retailers are seeing that the price hikes have gone too far?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 22, 2011, 09:20 PM »
That is.  I'd say maybe a rollback is in effect?  Maybe the retailers are seeing that the price hikes have gone too far?

Yeah, a stark contrast to the $9.89 I paid at Target for Hondo this week. I confirmed this is at least a dollar over the vintage line and more than that over Legacy at their stores. Not sure how they justify that move.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 22, 2011, 10:43 PM »

Yeah, a stark contrast to the $9.89 I paid at Target for Hondo this week. I confirmed this is at least a dollar over the vintage line and more than that over Legacy at their stores. Not sure how they justify that move.

$10 for CW now?  "This deal is getting worse all the time!"

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 23, 2011, 12:18 AM »
$10 for CW now?  "This deal is getting worse all the time!"

Darth Vader: Now you must pay $10 for your Clone Wars figures and you have to do it wearing this tu-tu and riding a unicycle!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 23, 2011, 04:32 PM »
Finally found some new CW basic figures today at a Target store today:  shirtless Savage Opress, Commander Jet, cold weather Plo Koon, ARF Trooper (CW56) and the reissue of Hondo Ohnaka.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 23, 2011, 08:48 PM »
Oddly enough I went back to that same Target I found Hondo at earlier this week, and I found Commander Jet, Snow Koon, and Shirtless Savage suddenly on the pegs.  ???

It didn't look like they had stocked additional cases either, they had the same two El-Les's I saw before. Returns maybe? Someone only bothered to put out half a case or something? Weird, but I'm not looking a gift-horse in the mouth. Those suckers are mine. Savage is freaking awesome.

Best part of all was this joint had the Capture of the Droids BP out on the shelf - finally. Very relieved to cross this off the list.

No sign of the Kamino ARF but I ain't about to complain about that. If this is the lucky store I am going to keep going til the well runs dry.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 24, 2011, 04:14 AM »
I found the ultimate place were Savage Surpressus goes to die. Disneyland's Star Trader had a ton of them today! $9.99
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 24, 2011, 07:24 AM »
Oddly enough I went back to that same Target I found Hondo at earlier this week, and I found Commander Jet, Snow Koon, and Shirtless Savage suddenly on the pegs.  ???

It didn't look like they had stocked additional cases either, they had the same two El-Les's I saw before. Returns maybe? Someone only bothered to put out half a case or something?

Or figures that were stashed somewhere else in the store, found, and put back where they belong.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 24, 2011, 10:50 PM »
Or figures that were stashed somewhere else in the store, found, and put back where they belong.

Yep, could very well be...I went back tonight and saw another Hondo there all of a sudden. Weird-o-rama.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 25, 2011, 08:06 AM »
If you just found Hondo by himself it could have been a new set that was bought through if they had him from the first release. I wish I was at least spotting hints of new waves here.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #716 on: September 25, 2011, 08:28 PM »
I saw some Clone Wars figures for $6.88 today at two Wal-Mart stores in the Pittsburgh area, but your mileage may vary since WM's so weird on pricing.  One had signage with it though that it was a "rollback".  Maybe TRU's sales have inspired retailers on these things being maybe overpriced a tad.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #717 on: September 25, 2011, 09:36 PM »
A couple of my local Walmarts have this rollback price as well. Too bad their pegs were lame.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #718 on: September 26, 2011, 02:56 AM »
Yeah, mine was a sea of Ani/Obi for the most part...  Some Clones too, which are fine, but none of the random stuff I'd like to spot like Seripas or Savage.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 27, 2011, 06:52 PM »
Target came through tonight, with Sno Plo, Savage, Kamino ARF, and Jet.  ;D