Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 339548 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #720 on: September 28, 2011, 10:45 AM »
I picked up another Shirtless Savage, Commander Jet, Snow Koon, and the elusive Kamino ARF courtesy of another local collector who found them at a distant Target last week. Could still stand to grab another Kamino ARF, since I like to have at least 2 of each new figure while I decide what I really want to open. But technically I am done with Wave 11.

Still need 2x Seripas and ALL of Wave 12, which has yet to appear here.

What's weird is the figures I got today only rang up at $7.99 each, a far cry from the $9.89 I paid last week at a different store for the exact same figures. That's a wide swing for 2 stores in the same city.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #721 on: September 28, 2011, 01:05 PM »
That's actually a fairly common Target thing...  There's a few stores that are grossly overpriced.  I've never heard a clear explanation of why though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #722 on: September 28, 2011, 01:11 PM »
Target loves real-time price testing.  They raise/lower prices in a certain area and watch to see how the buying habits are affect at that store and the surrounding area.

If they raise the price by $1 at a high traffic store and folks still buy, that tells them maybe they'd be OK raising the price everywhere.  If the sales drop and sales pick up at surrounding stores with the lower price, that tells them consumers are actively avoiding the price.  Etc.

There are a few Target stores here in MN that are notorious pricing stores - they always fluctuate in price way more than the rest of their fellow Target stores.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #723 on: September 28, 2011, 01:15 PM »
There's only one around me that does this with any consistency, but sometimes when new stores opened up, prices were higher.  The last stores to open though, were all normal priced...  The last one is our first within the city itself, and has a garage underneath it since parking space is at a premium, and the store is on the 2nd level...  Kind of weird.

But the prices were all the same as all the other stores...  I half expected some pretty outrageous prices there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #724 on: September 28, 2011, 02:04 PM »
Picked up a couple more Kamino ARFs to pop their heads and put on the standard ARF bodies since the troopers in the episode didn't have the red flashes down the arms. I'll leave one as is to serve as their commander. *nerd*
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 28, 2011, 07:08 PM »
Actually saw Saesee Tiin at TRU today. No one else from his wave, though. Had Eeth Koth, too. These are the first new figures I've seen since March or April.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 07:09 PM by scockery »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 30, 2011, 04:14 PM »
Picked up the Capture of the Droids battlepack this week - got the opener myself and then Captain Piet picked up my MIB one over the weekend.

I also got from Piet the Shirtless Savage, Tiin and Cold Weather Fisto figures he grabbed for me.

Still haven't seen the Kamino ARF or Chewie waves.... oh well...  :-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 2, 2011, 01:18 PM »
Grabbed that artillery cannon today at TRU - $28 - ouch!  I will be holding on to this receipt.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 3, 2011, 02:43 PM »
Headed back to the bizarro Target that has seen a steady trickle of new CW swag and wouldn't you know it there was a lone Kamino ARF Trooper lying right underneath the pegs. Crazy. I snagged it of course, meaning I was able to secure all of this wave at the same store over a period of about 2 weeks, albeit a little at a time. So weird.

Very thankful to have closed this wave out though, given all the recent product availability woes. Still not sure when/if I will ever see Seripas, but I have to think that wave will hit outside TRU eventually. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 5, 2011, 10:12 PM »
Another odd sighting tonight, a random Snow Koon at my neighborhood Target. Nothing else from the wave, just him. I went ahead and picked this up since it was "only" $7.99 and I am slowly trying to return and cycle through the figures I had to pay $9.89 for across town.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 6, 2011, 01:50 PM »
Found Hondo Ohnaka, Commander Jet, Savage Opress, Kamino ARF Trooper and Cold Weather Gear Plo Koon this morning at a Target I don't normally frequent.

Good to finally have found SOMETHING from the last three SotDS waves.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 6, 2011, 04:54 PM »
Awesome Pete! Good scores.

When returning my extra Snow Koon today at Bizarro Target, I happened to check the pegs and saw they had put out ANOTHER case of Wave 10. Only one missing was shirtless Savage.

This makes at least 3 whole cases this store has put out where most of the others haven't even gotten in one yet. Not coincedentally this is the highest grossing store in the area. (Also explains their ballsy $2 price hike)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 10, 2011, 08:25 PM »
Wow, Wave 10 has officially hit here, and hit hard. I actually saw these at 4/4 Targets I visited over my lunch hour today. That's a really good spread.

It's always nice to see a fresh case on the pegs, so I was able to pick up another full set for the low low price of $7.99. This will allow me to recycle the remaining few I had snagged at $9.89.

Cheers to Target for getting in some new stuff. Jeers to Walmart for not doing the same.

Still no sign of the mini Y-Wing, which is odd because a number of the Targets have sold through those first 2 waves by now. I don't see much restock action on these around here.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #733 on: October 10, 2011, 10:42 PM »
I'm seeing new CW here too, just at Target.  WM's got the pegs full pretty much though I'd seen some of Wolfe/Co. show not long ago I think.

I've never seen the Scout YWing either.  :-\

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 15, 2011, 12:22 PM »
Went back home to visit my sister and my parents in Northern Virginia and along the way, stopped at a few Targets to see if I could score any more Commander Jet and Kamino ARF Trooper figures. Spread out between four Targets in Maryland and NoVA, I was able to score two more Commander Jet figures (combined with the three Captain Piet has for me), I'm now good on him. Also I was able to score five Kamino ARF Troopers, I already had one, so four are for me and one is for Piet.

So since I already had 3x of Shirtless Opress and Cold Weather Plo Koon and the two Hondo Ohnaka figures I wanted, I'm now "done" with this wave.

From the next wave, all I need is one more Seripas opener and one more Stealth Ops Clonetrooper and I'm done with that wave as well.

Seriously thinking about ordering two cases of the Chewie wave just so I can be "done" with the Clone Wars for 2011. The thought of having 12 extra figures I wouldn't need is keeping me from pulling the trigger though...
Peter