Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336963 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #735 on: October 17, 2011, 10:15 AM »
Capped off a perfect 24 hours, hitting for the complete toy cycle, a true rarity.  ;D

Picked up TVC Wave 9 yesterday afternoon at Walmart thanks to a local tip.

Picked up a nice carded Sise Fromm on eBay for the vintage collection last night.

And this morning I found a complete set of TCW Wave 11 at Target! Left all but Seripas who is simply incredible. I might need 3 of this guy, next to the Aqua Droid I think this is my all time favorite Clone Wars figure.

Hoping to round up another Seripas for openers today, but really, really psyched just to have seen these outside of TRU finally. Actually gives me hope I may one day see Wave 12 around here.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #736 on: October 18, 2011, 09:28 AM »
Some of the sellers at NYCC were selling the new CW figs for upwards of $25 a pop.  One had the shirted Savage Oppress for $50.  I laughed a few times, and then thought back to a conversation I had with Daryl DePriest earlier in the day, where he lamented the scalper situation right now, given the distribution problems.  It's not early POTF2 days, but it's not good.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #737 on: October 18, 2011, 02:00 PM »
It's increasing here too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #738 on: October 19, 2011, 02:10 PM »
Speak of the devil... back home in Iowa and find two full cases of Seripas wave at Target.  Except Seripas.  Both are the only figures gone.  Hmm.

Offline DarthPooPoo

• Youngling
  • I eat mop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 23, 2011, 04:22 PM »
Son had $25 to burn.  Went to 2 local Walmarts looking for Clone Wars.  Nothing new or interesting, so he spent it on Lego Hero Factory.  Your loss Hasbro.
Time travel.  All you wanna do is go back and slap a hippie.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #740 on: October 23, 2011, 05:58 PM »
Saw scads of new CW figures at Target this weekend...  Stealth Ops, Snow guys, etc., etc.  With the sale that's good if you needed them.  First I'd seen msot of this stuff but no Seripas who is the only CW figure I want.  Not looking terribly har,d but would still like to have.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 23, 2011, 06:03 PM »
Yeah, Seripas is flat out impossible to find. I feel lucky to have even stumbled across one. I cannot help but find it irritating that JTA is carping about how they've seen "more Seripas' then they can count". I wished I lived in your magical universe, buddy.

Feast or famine, always feast or famine.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #742 on: October 23, 2011, 06:23 PM »
It's all about your location's hits and misses.  Aruond me, Endor Rebels move...  One or two are aruond, but it's not the "pegs and pegs worth".  Scott has the pic of all the Klaatu's...  Nothing like that was EVER at any store in my area, as far as Wave 3 goes.

It's weird how distribution can,a t times, be so wonky. 

I've barely had a sniff of new CW lately, now I'm seeing a good bit at once, so it's possible I guess that Seripas may hit en masse.  I've not seen one, only guy I want since he's pseudo realistic, but I figure in time.  Embo was like this at first too, now he's like fly **** here.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 23, 2011, 09:40 PM »
Yeah, Seripas is flat out impossible to find. I feel lucky to have even stumbled across one. I cannot help but find it irritating that JTA is carping about how they've seen "more Seripas' then they can count". I wished I lived in your magical universe, buddy.

Feast or famine, always feast or famine.

I feel the same way - I've score one to open and one to keep MOC so far, but I want a second one for my Bounty Hunters display of figures. Seripas is a great figure, too bad Hasbro didn't give any indication that he'd be shipping again when the packaging changes.

From his wave, I just need him and one more Stealth Ops Clonetrooper.

I totally gave up on the Chewie wave - EE has (or at least had) the Wave 12 case in stock and since I needed doubles of six of the figures in the assortment, and I have plenty of Clone Wars figure receipts from Target, I decided to pull the trigger.

Sure I'm gonna end up paying $1 more per figure when all is said and done, but at least (a) I'll have them; & (b) I won't need to worry about missing out on them should January 30th come sooner rather than later.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 24, 2011, 08:45 PM »
Wow look at all the Seripas love.  I haven't seen it a ton, but I have seen it 5 times, twice at TRU and 3 times at Target.  Got another at Target tonight after trading my last one away in a package for a Thor deluxe Heimdall figure. 

Sooo.....anyhow I've got another MOC Seripas for your carded or loose Ponda Baba. 

Someone needs to take the deal, PM me.  Someone like Jesse.  Or McMetal.

Also have Hondo Ohnaka and shirtless Savage Opress carded.

I need Echo Base Rebel, Ponda Baba, and some Marvel Universe figures you can see my post in the MU thread in other toys section.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #745 on: October 24, 2011, 09:44 PM »
I'm not that bothered by not finding him Matt, I just am going to get him if (when) I see him.  Like I said...  Embo was tough to find a while, then everywhere.  I could go get 5 right now of him if I felt like it.  I think Seripas may become similar.

I'm seeing Hondo a lot too...  And other HTF CW figures like the Arcona.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 25, 2011, 07:54 AM »
I'm not really all that worried about finding an extra ultimately, but it is irritating me in the short term because it is keeping me on all these costly, time-consuming toy runs I would prefer to avoid. Like Pete, I have pretty much given up on ever seeing Wave 12, so Seripas was the only thing I have really been looking for.

Dressel, PM sent. I found you a carded Ponda Baba this morning so lmk what you think.

Think I'm going to take a forced hiatus for a while. The whole thing is just too frustrating right now, it would help to step away for a bit I think.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #747 on: October 25, 2011, 09:03 AM »
Seripas isn't frustrating for me - given the way figures work through here, I will nab him in the next week or so.  His case has only shown up once at Target here, so he's got a ways to go yet.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 25, 2011, 06:09 PM »
Finally found some new stuff today. Seripas, ARF boarder, Tinn, shirtless savage. I can't believe that I still have not seen the new Rex. Anyway, it is great to see some new product! I am not sure who was more exciting to find, savage or seripas.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #749 on: October 25, 2011, 07:58 PM »
Walked in to Target today and found two cases of... Snow Koon wave.  Seripas, you win this round.