Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 335912 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #825 on: January 6, 2012, 03:49 PM »
You and I have different definitions for "cheap".  :P

The bad part of overseas sellers being aware of certain figures' after market value. Otherwise, those would be like under $5. Probably have  storage crates full of them.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 6, 2012, 04:03 PM »
Oh I am pretty cheap - trust me on that.  Yes this is more than what I typically spend on a figure (I usually only buy below retail and/or hold on to my receipt for price adjustments), but this figure is one I regret not getting, but at the same time I would never have bought that battle pack. 

Plus he was voiced by this guy!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 6, 2012, 07:36 PM »
Lou Ferrigno?  ;)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 7, 2012, 11:48 PM »
Ok, no personal finds to report here, but I figured it would be helpful to share that people are starting to find the new Clone Wars 2012 figures at Walmart, mostly out West it seems. The new BP with CutUp has been spotted too, also at Walmart.

Most of these initial reports are sporadic, but I expect will pick up steam over the next three weeks leading up to the official launch.

:)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 8, 2012, 10:23 PM »
toys r us has the new wave available for pre order 9.99 limit 5, and the new battle pack for 23.99. I am tempted to order a couple basic clones and aqua droids because they may be harder to find in quanity.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 9, 2012, 09:33 AM »
Caveat Emptor. TRU shipped my last carded figure in a bubble mailer, so it was completely crushed when I got to me.

Chances are you are going to see these in your local Walmart before TRU online gets those orders out anyway.

Does anyone know what the new TCW DPCI will be for Target?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 10, 2012, 02:30 PM »
I've seen Savage (the shirtless version) at a local grocery store the last few weeks but never bit the bullet. Finally did yesterday since Clone Wars figs were being sold for $6.50. In other odd pricing, Vintage figs (which they had none of, and never got anything other than the ESB wave) were priced $7.99 while Legends were $9.99. Weird.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 20, 2012, 11:01 AM »
Geez...six days with no Clone Wars posts! Time to turn this mutha out!  :D

FINALLY found the motherlode of new swag this morning at TRU, fresh off the overnight truck. They had all the new Deluxe sets, plus the new Class II vehicles as well. (All non Clone Wars of course, so I left them)

More importantly, they had 2 fresh cases of the new TCW figures out! Word of caution - I almost missed these entirely because they stuck them on 2 high-up pegs way down the aisle from where the "old" TCW figures continue to pegwarm. So it might be worth your while to peruse the aisles carefully.

I picked up the 3 for-sure new figures: Anakin, Phase II Clone, and Jetpack Cody, plus 2 new-ish repacks of Cad Bane and Chewbacca. They definitely tweaked the paint job on Chewie, and it looks like he comes with an extra side-arm now too, so that was a solid "Yes" for me. Bane looks a little tweaked, not exactly sure how, but definitely has a different weapons assortment. (So yeah, I'm a sucker - you got me Hasbro!)

The new packaging is pretty much the atrocious eyesore I expected, but it a lot more trimmed down and fragile-feeling than I anticipated. The game die is now black and the figure stand is now beige. (WTF?)

Oh, and they all rang up for $9.99 each! Ouch! Kinda wish I had found these at Walmart instead, I foresee a future exchange.

The only thing they didn't have were the new battlepacks, which was a bit disappointing. Guess I will keep stalking Wally for these until they show up. Probably just as well, who knows how much those things would cost at TRU...Wally seems to be sticking to the old price point for now.

Good hunting!

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 20, 2012, 09:28 PM »
I could not take it any more and pre-ordered two clones and aqua droids each from TRU. I really wanted more, but the price is too high. Now I can still pick more up at Wally World when they show up and know at least I have two.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 25, 2012, 09:39 AM »
Finally tracked down the Republic Troopers BP @ Walmart this morning before heading in to work. YES!!!

It's pretty spiffy, can't say I would pick up a spare for opening though. Clones just don't do it for me that much.

Also saw 8 pegs full of MH...no new TVC or TCW yet there.

So I guess I'm pretty much caught up at this point. Still holding out hope I will run across a Scout Bomber or Mandalorian Assault Transport, but other than those long shots I guess I'm good til whenever.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #835 on: January 25, 2012, 09:52 AM »
I picked up the 3 for-sure new figures: Anakin, Phase II Clone, and Jetpack Cody, plus 2 new-ish repacks of Cad Bane and Chewbacca. They definitely tweaked the paint job on Chewie, and it looks like he comes with an extra side-arm now too, so that was a solid "Yes" for me. Bane looks a little tweaked, not exactly sure how, but definitely has a different weapons assortment. (So yeah, I'm a sucker - you got me Hasbro!)

Chewie does look a lot better with the redeco. (BTW he includes the same weapons as before.) Cad Bane (a repack of the very first sculpt) includes the blaster pistol and rifle from the TCW Nikto Guard, a redeco of Serpias rifle and a small pistol - all in addition to the 2 blasters that he originally came with.

The new packaging is pretty much the atrocious eyesore I expected, but it a lot more trimmed down and fragile-feeling than I anticipated. The game die is now black and the figure stand is now beige. (WTF?)

I like the packaging quite a bit, though I didn't quite get the change to black and gold for the die either. Wouldn't it have made more sense for it to be red and black or red and white, you know to tie into the packaging look and Maul? As for the stands, I don't really use them. What I don't get is why have black and tan for these?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:53 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 25, 2012, 08:07 PM »
Found the new battle pack, and figures today. I picked up two phase II clones and two aqua droids. It is nice to see new figures hit a store.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 26, 2012, 11:18 AM »
Scored the new Clone Trooper battle pack this morning.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 26, 2012, 11:37 PM »
For those concerned about the new packaging, it is easier to find the CW items than I thought. There is a large CW# on the side of the bubble. If you angle yourself correctly you can scan the rows rather quickly.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 27, 2012, 08:21 AM »
For those concerned about the new packaging, it is easier to find the CW items than I thought. There is a large CW# on the side of the bubble. If you angle yourself correctly you can scan the rows rather quickly.

That's true...if you know what to look for and have a discriminating eye, they're not that hard to spot. Sadly, I don't have much confidence that the store drones restocking the shelves have the knowledge or interest to keep them separate from MH.

I'm still really bent there is no longer any TCW tagline for the Battlepacks or Deluxe Sets though. There is literally no way to distinguish between Clone Wars and Vintage swag anymore. Which I'm sure is exactly what they want. I refuse to be "tricked" into buying non-animated stuff that is outside my focus though, so if it requires a greater level of individual effort to keep the two lines straight, so be it.