Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 337026 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #855 on: February 6, 2012, 08:42 AM »
Meijer stores here have new Clone Wars for $6.99 this week.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 8, 2012, 09:24 AM »
Walmart has the Republic RC tank thingy for $15 plus tax with free shipping to home.  I just picked one up

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-The-Clone-Wars-Remote-Control-Republic-Fighter-Tank/16609629

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: February 9, 2012, 07:34 AM »
I picked up Chewie with the new paint job... it really makes me wish I had an animated Han Solo to go with him.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 15, 2012, 05:10 PM »
So there's this one Target in town that has been a holdout at 30% off for their clearance toy prices. Everyone else around here went to 50% right away it seemed like. So I've been waiting them out, since they are one of the only Targets with any decent stuff worth picking up.

Today I went back there and they had gone from 30% t0 70% off!  :o

I was able to score an Assault on Geonosis Battlepack for $5.98! And an AV-7 Mobile Cannon for $7.48! And the Republic Gunships were down to $24.98 a pop! (They had three left, I am going back to buy one tonight I decided)

That is just insanely awesome. The figures were less than $3 too, might pick up an SBD just for the hell of it. If they had had any Deluxe sets I would have cleaned them out.

Good luck out there!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 15, 2012, 09:07 PM »
Wow, glad I decided to go back out tonight. When I got back to Target there was only 1 Attack Shuttle left. Guess they really are "priced to move".

So I snagged the last one, it was actually only $23.98, not $24.98 as I mentioned earlier. Can't wait to crack this baby open tonight after the wife goes to bed.

WINNING!  ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 17, 2012, 06:57 PM »
More clearance goodness at Target...$10 for a Vulture Droid and carded Hondo Ohnaka.

At these prices, I wish I could find more stuff to buy.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 18, 2012, 11:45 PM »
Another Cad Bane's Escape BP for $5.98, plus a Naboo Skiff Deluxe set for $5.08. I've pretty much cleaned out all the nearby Targets...time to hit the stix.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: February 20, 2012, 10:26 PM »
Bonus find at lunch...the last SOTDS figure at any Target in the metro area: believe it or not, Hevy!

Well worth the $2.38.

They had a SOTDS AAT too, but the box had been opened and I wasn't sure I wanted to risk it. Maybe later this week if I get bored. I've bought pretty much everything else at this point.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: February 27, 2012, 10:56 PM »
Lots more clearance harvesting recently, pretty much buying something every day. Now up to:

2x AV-7 Mobile Cannons
1x Vulture Droid
2x AAT (Geo deco)
3x Cad Bane's Escape BP
1x Hunt for Grievous BP
2x Assault on Geonosis BP
1x Kit Fisto's JSF
1x Naboo Skiff Dlx
1x Pirate Speeder Bike Dlx

That sounds like a lot but considering it was less than $100 total it's not all that bad. Some I am actually opening, some I just plan to flip/trade, but it's a good feeling to be hauling in stuff so far under MSRP.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #864 on: March 8, 2012, 02:23 AM »
I got an Aqua Droid and Oppress (shirtless) figure during last week's TRU sale.  I wanted a padawan Anakin Vinty figure, and the three made the deal work, so I was ok with that. 

Oppress is cooler than I thought, once I opened him, but his hand pops off very easily.  I got him mostly due to his black and gold deco and being a Pittsburgh sports homage and all, but he's a pretty decent figure too....  would've rather had armored but I'll live with shirtless.

Aqua Droid...  just another army builder.  A really great, underrated figure.  Small though, I think, compared to his toon counterpart.  Little disappointed in that, but he's still a good figure, and a group of them fighting my Tartakovsky Underwater Clones is pretty neat. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 8, 2012, 11:53 AM »
Happened upon a Walmart over lunch today that had dropped their clearance price on SOTDS Clone Wars figures to $1! ONE freaking dollar. I snagged the only ones they had - an ARF Trooper and Battle Droid, but I will definitely be hitting more Walmarts on the way home to see what I can find. I know of at least one that has multiple Obis and Rex's.  ;D

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 17, 2012, 06:28 PM »
In addition to the cancelled Wal-Mart DVD 2-packs, TJ Maxx has the fall 2011 CW Battle Packs for $13.

No Kamino sets here. Saw Capture of the Droids and Hunt for Grievous.

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 17, 2012, 08:40 PM »
In addition to the cancelled Wal-Mart DVD 2-packs, TJ Maxx has the fall 2011 CW Battle Packs for $13.

No Kamino sets here. Saw Capture of the Droids and Hunt for Grievous.

I just came back from my local Marshalls.  They didn't have any of the cancelled DVD 2-packs, but they did have a lot of the Battle Packs from the Shadows of the Dark Side packaging: Defend Kamino, Assault on Geonosis, Hunt for Grievous, Stop the Zillo Beast and Cad Bane's Escape.  They were $12.99 each.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 18, 2012, 11:37 PM »
With some help from Captain Piet and hitting a couple of TJ Maxx stores by me on the way home from work I was able to pick up one of each of the WalMart DVD sets to keep MOC and two of each of the sets to open.

At the last TJ Maxx I went to - some of the sets were incorrectly marked $19.99 - there was no way I was gonna pay that so I made them correct them, but you should have seen the women behind the counter, they had no idea what to do - if they had been robots and short-circuited with the dilmena of one Ashoka set being priced $10 and another $20, I wouldn't have been surprised in the least.

I hate those stores so much - it's amazing that with the state of chaos they are always in that they stay in business.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 21, 2012, 09:24 PM »
I was able to pick up a Defend Kamino BP after work for $12.99 @ TJ MAXX. They also had a fresh case of the DVD sets. Good times.