Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 335930 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #975 on: August 31, 2012, 02:50 PM »
Scored the Training SBD as well as the phase II Commander Fox today.  Who knew K-Mart could be a worthwhile stop?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: August 31, 2012, 03:43 PM »
Scored two each of Scuba Ahsoka, Phase II Wolfe and Training SBD at the Toys R Us near where I work.

So in terms of single carded figures, I just need to find the Phase II Commander Fox and I'm done with carded Clone Wars figures for the year....  :-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 1, 2012, 08:18 AM »
So in terms of single carded figures, I just need to find the Phase II Commander Fox and I'm done with carded Clone Wars figures for the year....  :-\

Me too...seems like store reports of finding him have dropped way off after that initial spurt. Once I find this guy I guess that's it until spring. Gonna be a weird holiday season not looking for toys, other than the Wolfpack gift set.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 1, 2012, 12:08 PM »
Me too...seems like store reports of finding him have dropped way off after that initial spurt. Once I find this guy I guess that's it until spring. Gonna be a weird holiday season not looking for toys, other than the Wolfpack gift set.

When it comes to Clone Wars, it's actually quite comical for it to be September 1st and this is all I need:

3x Phase II Commander Fox
3x Return of Darth Maul Battlepack (Target)
3x Wolfpack Gift Set (WalMart)
3x Class I Republic Scout Dropship (this is gonna be the hard one I think)

And that there's nothing else coming for Clone Wars before 2013....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #979 on: September 1, 2012, 02:55 PM »
I gotta wonder if we'll ever see the scout dropship, Pete.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #980 on: September 2, 2012, 02:02 PM »
The fact they're repainting it for next year tells me no, but that's just my opinion.  I think it's destined to only be overseas or imported by the few willing to pay out for it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 2, 2012, 02:13 PM »
The fact they're repainting it for next year tells me no, but that's just my opinion.  I think it's destined to only be overseas or imported by the few willing to pay out for it.

EE has a single case/assortment with the Republic Dropship.  I may just bite the bullet and get that.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 2, 2012, 03:44 PM »
What makes you guys think we may not see this? We've only just started getting Wave 2 Revision 1 here, so it seems plausible enough that Wave 3 could make it out between now and the end of the year. At least Walmart isn't canceling that SKU ala the Class II vehicles.

Ugh, I hate the thought of having to overpay for ANOTHER Clone Wars vehicle.

ps - I saw remnants of TCW Wave 3 at another Walmart here Friday night, the lone Training SBD was a giveaway. Fingers crossed the trickle continues.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #983 on: September 2, 2012, 06:31 PM »
What makes me think it is they're releasing it in a different color very soon, ala the original deco of the Republic Speeder thing showing up and then coming out in blue with Ani...  I'm not saying it won't show up, but it might not at all or in much quantity, and so Hasbro's aiming that blue one for a reason...

It could come out in heavy numbers at Ross or TJ Maxx too, so who knows.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 2, 2012, 08:58 PM »
Aayla Secura rerelease at Wal-Mart.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2012, 08:58 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 4, 2012, 09:42 AM »
I was able to find Scuba Ahsoka and Commander Wolffe at Target.  I also picked up a Snow Plo just because I didn't already have it and decided to give it a shot.  Better to have it and not want it than to want it and not have it, I say.  Until Fox shows up in my area, I am all caught up on TCW figures, except for that final dropship that you collectors have been talking about.

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 4, 2012, 04:23 PM »
I just got back from Target, and I saw the Scuba Ahsoka wave again. That's the second time I have seen this wave in one week, and at two different Target stores.  So, start checking regularly, since this may indicate that this wave is about to hit in force. Still no sign of Fox, though.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 6, 2012, 07:33 PM »
Made the obligatory weekly stop at TJ MAXX and it appears they got in another refresh of TCW battlepacks and deluxe sets. Saw the Freeco/AT-RT/BARC/Separatist Droid Speeder for $9.99 and at least 3 Defend Kamino sets for $12.99 each.

Would love to see some Scout Bombers show up here someday.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 7, 2012, 08:17 PM »
Picked up Scuba Ahsoka this afternoon at Kohl's for $14.99. It was "on sale" for 10% off though, so it actually came to around $13.50 plus tax. What a deal!

I have my MOC and opener already, this one is for another local collector. I can officially ignore these going forward...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #989 on: September 8, 2012, 02:03 AM »
Nice news on the Deluxes at TJ Maxx, McMetal...  I may stop in this weekend if I have time and see if I can nab another Freeco.

I'd dig a couple of it, and I actually like the sidecar BARC so I may look for another of those too...  I'd love to do a Rebellion-era one like the Alliance up-armor it as some kind of courier vehicle like a German bike in WW2.