Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 335936 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #990 on: September 15, 2012, 08:38 AM »
if anyone needs a Republic AV-7 Mobile Cannon or a Clone Wars Vehicle Super Vulture Droid - amazon.com has them both for sale.  $16.71 for the Cannon and $12.00 for the vulture droid.  both are FSSS eligible.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Clone-Vehicle-Vulture/dp/B0053O4ZJK/ref=pd_sim_t_4
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Republic-Mobile-Vehicle/dp/B0051C0X9K/ref=pd_sbs_t_1

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 22, 2012, 12:16 PM »
Snagged the Maul target set and Villians Snags set at Target for he sale price, and then stumbled onto the Training battle Droid, Wolfe, and Fox, at my local backwoods Walmart when I stopped to get some hairspray for my daughter. The prices were 9.99 a piece so I only picked up the Battle Droid and had to debate about Fox. If I picked him up I would gave felt like a scalper since I already bought one online. These should be hitting in force if this store (that has not restocked since February) has new stuff.

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 22, 2012, 05:09 PM »
Snagged the Maul target set and Villians Snags set at Target for he sale price, and then stumbled onto the Training battle Droid, Wolfe, and Fox, at my local backwoods Walmart when I stopped to get some hairspray for my daughter. The prices were 9.99 a piece so I only picked up the Battle Droid and had to debate about Fox. If I picked him up I would gave felt like a scalper since I already bought one online. These should be hitting in force if this store (that has not restocked since February) has new stuff.

Well, you can always go back to the store and pick one up for a fellow collector, who can pay really quickly via paypal.  (Hint, hint).   ;)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: September 24, 2012, 04:23 PM »
Was lucky enough to score a lone CW18 Commander Fox this morning at my local WalMart.

So, while I would definitely like to find two more to open, if I never find this figure again, I will be okay with it since the carded Clone Wars collection for 2012 is now complete.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 26, 2012, 10:20 AM »
Ok, this doesn't really count, but I'll post it anyway: another local collector here found Commander Fox at TRU today and was able to score me two for my collection, plus the re-painted/slightly tweaked Rex I keep reading about over at RS. (For the record, I see NO difference between Wave 3 Rex and Wave 4 Rex but some people swear that Hasbro tweaked the helmet apps/weathering so I am going to have to inspect up close to confirm)

He mentioned they also got in the speeder bikes (FINALLY) but no other new Clone Wars stuff.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 26, 2012, 09:42 PM »
A happy and unexpected follow-up report...I found a complete set of TCW Wave 4 at a Walmart on my way home from work today! This place has been dead so long I wasn't even going to stop but man, I'm glad I did. When it rains, it pours I guess.

Thanks to Hasbro wisely doubling up on Fox in the new case assortment, I was able to snag one MOC and for openers, so I am officially done with carded Clone Wars figures for 2012.

And it's not even October yet.  :(

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 2, 2012, 07:45 AM »
From Walmart:

Commander Fox (x2)
Commander Wolffe

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 6, 2012, 08:41 AM »
So...pretty momentous night last night. Thanks to a tip from another local collector, I was able to snag the elusive Republic Dropship Class I set from a local Target last night. Even better, it was a cherry mint package too, so this one is a definite keeper. I still wouldn't mind having an extra for openers, but I'm not going to kill myself looking for it.

This is pretty noteworthy for me because this was literally the last toy I was looking for in a brick and mortar store this year. The only other thing coming out Clone Wars-wise is the Wolf Pack gift set, and since that is online only there is really no reason for me to set foot in another TRU, Walmart, Target, or Kmart for the remainder of 2012. Yay!

That said, it is a hard habit to break, so I am sure I will keep up the occasional runs - we do have a new TRU opening next week - but the sense of urgency is definitely gone now. Big sigh of relief.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #998 on: October 7, 2012, 02:56 PM »
Found another Dropship today.  :)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #999 on: October 7, 2012, 03:18 PM »
Must be nice...  I've just got 4 Maul speeders and 4 STAPS staring at me at any given Target and no room for new.

KM it's mostly the same though a little more room.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1000 on: October 7, 2012, 03:51 PM »
Found that one at a walmart which is usually a total dump.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1001 on: October 7, 2012, 03:54 PM »
Ugh, my WM's deluxes all have dust on them.  THey're hopeless too.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 8, 2012, 09:00 AM »
Must be nice...  I've just got 4 Maul speeders and 4 STAPS staring at me at any given Target and no room for new.

FYI, as posted in the other thread, what they have on the shelves currently may well be irrelevant, most stores seem to be stocking the newest wave regardless of what is already out there. At least at Target.

So if you have stores, like we do around here, that have been sitting on the same three stinkers for months now, it's still worth a stop to check. At least in theory.  :)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 9, 2012, 02:20 PM »
Courtesy of the TRU BOGO sale they're running - I picked up two more Commander Fox figures for $5 each which means I am now done with single-carded Clone Wars for the rest of the year.

Now I just need to receive my pre-order of the Wolf Pack gift set and somehow find AT LEAST two of the Dropship Class I vehicle.  :-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 11, 2012, 10:26 AM »
what pack was this guy from?  http://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-Star-Wars-The-Clone-Wars-Clone-Trooper-loose-/390480565894?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item5aea749686

plus the seller has it listed wrong.  In the listing above he says you get "5x" but clearly he meant "1" because he has other auctions of the same figure for "5x" and has the correct picture and I am guessing the correct price.