Author Topic: The spacetrooper, film accuracy and YOU: Is this the ULTIMATE stormie?  (Read 3291 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Did Hasbro finally get the stormtrooper helmet right?   :o

As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to clones and stormies, the helmet is the most important part of the figure.  It's got to look good, and be proportioned correctly.  Hasbro nailed the Ep II clone helmet with the SA clone, which was it's 2nd try after the sneak preview clone.

Wrong:

Right:

----------------------------------------------------

Observe what a stormtrooper helmet should look like:

Have a gander at the new spacetrooper figure:

In the same wave however, take a look at Han and Luke's helmets:

Crap (Luke):

More crap (Han):

How is it, in the same wave, you can have 3 different stormtrooper helmets, 2 of them obviously standing out as fecal matter, while the spacetrooper shines?!

The spacetrooper is about as good as a stormtrooper can get, and finally we have one that looks just about right.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2009, 06:07 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
The last three pictures aren't coming out.  :( I'd really like to see the comparisons.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
I can't see the pics either, but just to say: I do think as a figure, the Spacetrooper is the best version of a Stormtrooper we've gotten so far from Hasbro.  The proportions in everything, not just the helmet, are improved over the VOTC version.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
The last three pictures aren't coming out.  :( I'd really like to see the comparisons.

They were linked from Yak, I think they'll pop back up soon or I'll fix it later  :)  It's quite a startling comparison really.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Yak disabled hotlinking for the time being, but I've seen the pics and completely agree. I want about 30 Spacetroopers just for the helmets to replace the helmets of my other Stormies. Too bad figs are really expensive now and that won't happen.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks