Author Topic: Terminator Salvation  (Read 17110 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Terminator: Salvation
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2009, 09:57 AM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 4, 2009, 10:40 AM »

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 5, 2009, 05:45 AM »
Guess they dont want to make the revelation a secret do they?
I mean how can you let that out in a trailer????
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator Salvation
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2009, 10:59 AM »
Schwarzenegger may make cameo in new 'Terminator'

California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger may reprise his classic "Terminator" role in the fourth installment of the film franchise.

"Terminator Salvation" wouldn't have the former movie star getting into makeup again. The special effects wizards at Industrial Light and Magic are trying to insert Schwarzenegger's image from the 1984 original.

"I made it very clear that I don't have the time to do the movie," he said during an "Ask the Governor" Webcast on Tuesday. "I said that I would be willing to be in the movie if they get the technology together, and so they are working on that right now."

Schwarzenegger said, in the scene, the main character would encounter him as a "future Terminator." The new film is a prequel to the popular series.

"I think it's cool to continue on with the franchise," he said.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator: Salvation
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 01:19 PM »
Guess they dont want to make the revelation a secret do they?
I mean how can you let that out in a trailer????

no ****....that's a big reveal.

I've never understood how they decide what to put in a trailer...I still think Darth Maul's double saber should have been left a surprise as well, but everyone knew it was coming from the trailers.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2009, 01:31 PM »
If John Connor was visited by Arnie when he was a kid, wouldn't he already know why Skynet is replicating human tissue?  I mean, is this movie set in the future before anybody went into the past, or in the future after everyone went into the past?  If it's the future before, wouldn't Judgment Day have been 199-something?
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2009, 02:05 PM »
August 29, 1997, is the date of Judgment Day. Yep, here we go with the timeline displacement again, alternate timelines etc.... Time travel is a tricky subject, I think the only movie trilogy that did well with time travel was Back To The Future.  ;)

Judgment Day

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (timeline)

I found this posted on a site on the net:

Terminator takes place in 1984.

Terminator 2 takes place in 1994. (35 years in the past from 2029).

Terminator 3 takes place in 2004. (10 years after T2).

The original Judgement Day date was July 29th, 2004. However, when Cyberdyne gained the CPU from the Terminator's head, it pushed Judgement Day closer, due to the future technology.

Judgement Day then became August 29th, 1997.

But when the CPU was destroyed, along with Cyberdyne, it returned everything to normal. Judgement Day then was returned to July 29th, 2004.

But wait, there's more...

10 Different Timelines From The Terminator Universe

Also remember that The Sarah Connor Chronicles has crap to do with Salvation blah... blah... blah.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2009, 02:35 PM »
I'd just like to know in which of the 10 of them this film is set... 

I'd assumed it was a sequel to T3.  But if John Connor doesn't know why Skynet is developing human tissue, the only thing I can conclude is that it's a prequel to T1.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 03:15 PM »
Prequel or sequel... some say both. I say prequel.

Ya got 2 more flicks after this baby!  ;D

Terminator is technically the fourth movie in the Terminator series, but there is talk of making the latest film Terminator Salvation apart of its own trilogy. They are already developing Terminator 5 and that one more will be in the works.

Terminator Salvation is the upcoming fourth installment to the Terminator film series, scheduled to be released on May 21, 2009. It was written by John D. Brancato, Michael Ferris, Jonathan Nolan, and Anthony E. Zuiker, directed by McG, and stars Christian Bale as John Connor. After Skynet has destroyed much of humanity in a nuclear holocaust, John struggles to become the leader, but in this future, Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington, who was personally recommended by James Cameron) has somehow altered it, and the T-800 (Arnold Schwarzenegger and Roland Kickinger) is coming online sooner than expected. The film will also center on Kyle Reese (Anton Yelchin) and how he became who he was in the first film.

Director McG has announced that Terminator Salvation is the first of a new trilogy to revive the franchise, with both main actor Christian Bale and writer Jonathan Nolan signed up for two more films. Due to generally positive reception to preview footage of the film, the Halcyon Company chose to develop a sequel in December 2008 for release in 2011. The producers mentioned the Middle East as a possible shooting location.

McG said the time displacement equipment and the T-1000 will be reintroduced in the fifth film: "I like the idea and the perspective for the next picture that you meet Robert Patrick the way he looks today, and he's a scientist that's working on, you know, improving cell replication so we can stay healthier and we can cure diabetes and do all these things that sound like good ideas, and to once again live as idealized expressions as ourselves.

Key quote, hopefully it's explained.

I knew it was coming. I thought I knew our enemy. But I don't know if we can win this war. This is not the future my mother warned me about. Something has changed.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2009, 03:58 PM »
Well, if his mother warned him, then it must be a sequel to T3.  In a prequel, his mother would be ignorant.  So I don't know why he'd be mystified about Skynet developing human tissue...

"You know... maybe this has something to do with that big-ass robot with all the muscles that saved me in 1994... and again 10 year later... he had skin!"

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2009, 06:06 PM »
IMO this whole time travel, prequel, sequel mess is just another attempt to make this storyline more marketable and allows the future writers, directors, etc more power to continue this story as long as they can milk it.  Confusion is not story telling, but that looks like how they are going to pull along fans til the end of the third pic I bet to explain everything. You wanna throw a monkey wrench in?  Make everyone find out at the end of this trilogy that John Connor is a Termninator.  Couldnt he have been replaced at some point once he reaches adult age?  Or even a Terminator that can grow, learn, age, feel pain and fool all that surround it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 06:09 PM by Jim »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2009, 08:49 PM »
Unless they really ball the whole thing up, three things have to have happened in order for John Connor to be the leader of the resistance in the future:

Skynet had to come online and end the world.
A Terminator had to go back in time after Sarah Connor
Kyle Reese had to go back in time after the Terminator.

Because without those events, John doesn't exist and he probably wouldn't be prepared for the world to end.

T3 could be forgotten about, if the writers really wanted to.  They could throw it out based on what happened on The Sarah Connor Chronicles.  But if they took the T1, T2 and TSCC continuity and applied it, situation would be fine.

I have a feeling that they tossed out everything with the possible exception of the three things I mentioned above.  So, we'll see.

E... (who actually isn't geek enough to read those alt reality timeline explanations)
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2009, 12:08 PM »
McG said the time displacement equipment and the T-1000 will be reintroduced in the fifth film: "I like the idea and the perspective for the next picture that you meet Robert Patrick the way he looks today, and he's a scientist that's working on, you know, improving cell replication so we can stay healthier and we can cure diabetes and do all these things that sound like good ideas, and to once again live as idealized expressions as ourselves.

Except the reason the T-1000 looks like Robert Patrick is because he imprinted himself off that traffic cop at the beginning of T2.

dip****. ::)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 12:11 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)