Author Topic: Fate of the Jedi  (Read 18890 times)

Offline Packbar

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Tolman's Toy Emporium
Re: Fate of the Jedi
« Reply #15 on: August 6, 2009, 09:58 PM »
I have really enjoyed this series so far, especially the story with Luke and Ben. I have read the Lost Tribe of the Sith e-books too and it helped me enjoy Omen more.  I do think that this being a harcover series is a bummer because I collect all the books in paperback. I have to check the books out of the library and then wait for them to come out in paperback later.  Which I obviously have to do every once in a while with other SW books but a whole series. . .come on that just sucks.

I did meet Aaron Allston at SDCC just barely and he was really cool and nice. Can't wait to read Abyss here soon.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 05:38 PM »
Another FYI. I don't know about the rest of you but I almost always have to buy my SW books (if I want them the day they come out) at Barnes & Noble or Borders and they are like $25 for a hardcover. But thankfully this time it looks like "Abyss" will be available at Target for just $18.70 even though they didn't have the first two books in the series. So it's like getting a free paper back or a 1/4 of the 12th season of "The Simpsons" for free tomorrow.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 08:31 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Nick!  Target's on my way home...the Barnes and Noble is a bit of a drive.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 01:42 PM »
I'm a little over half way done with "Abyss" and in my opinion it is ten times better than "Omen" was already. I was a little worried so I'm glad to feel that way.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 02:40 PM »
See, I am the exact opposite.  I always wait for the paperbacks, so I'm a good 6-12 months behind on most novels.   :-\  Without giving anything away from the plot, how would you compare this to the New Jedi Order or Legacy of the Force books?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 02:42 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 02:54 PM »
See, I am the exact opposite.  I always wait for the paperbacks, so I'm a good 6-12 months behind on most novels.   :-\  Without giving anything away from the plot, how would you compare this to the New Jedi Order or Legacy of the Force books?

To me this "Fate" series doesn't hold a candle to the other two, especially NJO.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2009, 09:17 PM »
Finished Abyss today and it was pretty good.  I didn't realize there is going to be a 4th book, but it doesn't come out until March!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 04:09 PM »
Finished "Abyss". Good, not great, but I'm actually looking forward to the fourth book which I couldn't say after the first two.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 3, 2009, 11:14 AM »
Finished Abyss today and it was pretty good.  I didn't realize there is going to be a 4th book, but it doesn't come out until March!

That really sucks that it is such a long wait. Especially considering how little time there was between the other three books.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 12:13 AM »

That really sucks that it is such a long wait. Especially considering how little time there was between the other three books.

It turns out the reason for the break was because the author, Aaron Alston, had a heart attack and quadruple bypass surgery!

Backlash came out yesterday for anyone who forgot.  I picked it up and I'm about 3 chapters in.  Not bad so far.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 01:06 PM »
Sounds like a good reason for there to be a delay.

I picked the book up yesterday. Now I just need to find the opportunity to acually read it. I've got Darth Bane 3 waiting too.

Offline Packbar

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Tolman's Toy Emporium
« Reply #26 on: December 9, 2010, 07:47 PM »
Just finished reading Vortex and I am enjoying this series so far (which isn't too hard for me since I enjoy most everything SW that I read).  I do think LOTF and the NJO were better series and I am re-reading LOTF now since there is so much time between these FOTJ books

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 9, 2010, 11:41 PM »
I finished Vortex earlier in the week.  I like where the story is going but not too happy how they portrayed Kenth Hamner.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 03:14 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2011, 03:15 PM »
How many folks have been reading this series?  I've read all of the series so far and can hardly wait for the conclusion this March.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2011, 08:09 AM »
I was and actually have all the books, but have fallen behind. I think I have read the first 4. I plan to get going again soon.