Author Topic: My Collection Updated 8 Feb 11  (Read 3369 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
My Collection Updated 8 Feb 11
« on: March 27, 2009, 07:46 PM »
Finally took some pictures of my collection room, and uploaded the images.  Of course, there have been some minor changes since then...hazards of a continuous work in progress!   :D

The only carded pictures I display.  The McQuarrie figs, TF Vader, 25th Anniversary Fett and R2, Jorg Sacul, CIII Vader, Theater Lukes, SDCC Holo Leia, Maul with Infiltrator, Sith Lords 2-pack and Lava Vader and some other exclusives.

The Central portion of the room is a table which I set up a rebel hangar on top.  Best way to display the BMF Falcon.  The shelves have various collections of loose figures, Jedi, Sith, a Rogue's Gallery, medical, politicians, concept vehicles, podracers and a Jabba themed one that turned into a miscellaneous.  Yes, I know I should've dusted first!   :D

I flanked the table with my cinema scenes and battle packs, along with both package variations of the 300th Fett.

« Last Edit: February 9, 2011, 04:50 AM by Matt_Fury »
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
Re: My Collection
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 08:08 PM »
Next set is the shelves I have on the back wall and opposite the window.  I have the Battle of Naboo, Endor (about the only army building I've ever done), my Sideshow and Medicom RAH 12" figures and the Battle of Hoth.  The other two shelves are my imperial vehicles.  You can also see my Jedi Academy Pennant I got at Disneyland.

Under the Imperial shelves I have some more vehicles, mainly Jedi Starfighters, but a few others.  All the vehicles have a pilot in them BTW.   :D

This is the corner where I have the POTJ Carbon Freeze Chamber, Wookies, Jawas/Tuskens, Sandtroopers, Clones, Owen Beru, Luke and 3PO, a Naboo assault Squad (for lack of a better name).

Under the shalves on the far wall I have table with all my NASCAR vehicles, a Jabba's Palace set-up, and my M&M figures with my Galaxy sets. Along with some miscellaneous stuff and a table with my Queen's Starship and Naboo fighter.

« Last Edit: February 9, 2011, 12:53 AM by Matt_Fury »
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 09:08 PM »
Very nice displays Matt_Fury!  I wish I had the room to continue to display my collection, but I just don't have the space.  The starfighter squares, the Gungan/Battledroid head to head, the Imperial Fighter display, your Sith collection, and SW themed stock car collection are very cool!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 11:51 PM »
Here's my Vintage that's displayed right now.

« Last Edit: February 9, 2011, 01:00 AM by Matt_Fury »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 12:32 AM »
Great display Matt!  I like the black shelves in the middle of the room and the cube shelves for the ships.  Great pics!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 02:31 PM »
Very cool displays, Matt!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 03:11 PM »
Thanks for the compliments!  If you have any suggestions to display things better, I'm always open to different ideas.  I'm trying to find something to put on a couple of the shelves to look like forest floor or snow, as to hide the figure stands.

Here's my desk, posters, Disney and MR sabers which actually spill out into the hallway and another room .   :D

Yes, I will clear off the desk and race the two RC astromechs!   :D

Elite Edition Obi-Wan TPM saber #184 of 1250

LE Obi-Wan AOTC (custom case) #1038 of 2500

LE Obi-Wan ROTS Saber #3032 of 3500

LE Count Dooku AOTC Saber #174 of 3500

SE Darth Maul #732 of 1500

« Last Edit: February 9, 2011, 04:49 AM by Matt_Fury »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 03:32 PM »
Cool display Matt!  I really like the way you've got the mid-size ships arranged.  That black table in the middle of the room with alliance ships and figures looks sweet too.  Thanks for sharing!
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 05:20 PM »
Thanks J!  I like the looks of the Jedi Starfighters in those storage shelves as well.  I wish I had some room for more.  I may move the two Slave Ones and hang them on a wall somewhere and put my vintage Vader's TIE and Snowspeeder in there.

I like how the "Rebel Hangar" looks too.  I've added to it with more pilots as they come out and upgraded the Ben Kenobi in the Falcon so he's sitting in the jump seat watching Luke practice.  I also put a Luke and New Ben in the back seats of the cockpit, until I can get a Hoth Leia that can sit and a good ESB Han!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The North Remembers
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: April 4, 2009, 03:54 AM »
Awesome set up Matt. It looks so much better than the giant rubbermaid tubs I last saw most of it in. ;)

I really like the Rebel Hangar/table set-up you've got. I'd love to be able to set mine up in a similar fashion, but since my collection room also happens to be a bed room, so I don't have space in the middle of the room to do so.

I'll need to swing buy and check it out in person in the near future.
Big Damn Hero Productions

"Winter is coming."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 4, 2009, 01:53 PM »
Thanks Ryan!  You know you're always welcome.  I never realized how much stuff I had until I tried to display it.  There's still plenty of carded figures (complete POTJ and EP 1, Hasbro 12" figs and more) in rubbermaid bins!   :(

Pretty much all the shelves (I love those bracketless shelves) and the display shelves and tables came from Lowes.  The Hangar table is actually two TV tables put back to back and fastened together.  None of it was all that difficult.   :D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 4, 2009, 11:49 PM »
Amazing stuff Matt.  If I may ask, how much space do you have to display all this stuff?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 5, 2009, 12:26 AM »
Thanks Brent.  The main room (my office) is about 14'x12' give or take.  I've never actually measured the room, and it's a little different from the standard floor plan of this model of home to accommodate a sauna.

It's definitely a good sized room, but also shocking is the amount of stuff I could not display.  I was going to cover the walls with carded figures, but had to abandon that idea when I ran out of wall space!

I'm happy with the overall design I have....I'm sure I'll be tweaking it forever and updating figure displays n such.   :D
« Last Edit: April 5, 2009, 06:32 PM by Matt_Fury »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 9, 2009, 03:12 AM »
I'm sure I'll be tweaking it forever and updating figure displays n such.   :D

Too true.  ;)

Offline THE STAR WARS NERD

• Youngling
  • messa a girly
    • View Profile