Author Topic: Walmart Legacy Collection AT-ST  (Read 40683 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Legacy Collection AT-ST
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2009, 04:16 PM »
I wouldn't worry, these will show up before too long like you said.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2009, 04:31 PM »
We still have the Dewback and the comic packs to go as well.  Hope they all show up at once so I don't need to waste my time stopping at that store over and over again.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2009, 12:56 AM »
One trip would be good for you, Mikey, as we know you love shopping Wal-Mart.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 4, 2009, 12:57 PM »
I found mine this morning, $43.96.  No sign of the comic packs or, surprisingly, Dewbacks-- but there were plenty of the Clone Wars trooper 2-packs, finally, as this store hasn't had 'em before so far as I saw.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 4, 2009, 06:06 PM »
I also found the AT-ST today, which made my week 8)

This is an awesome vehicle and one I would highly recommend.  I collect the really detailed 1:18 scale military vehicles and the AT-ST comes very close to those in terms of its quality and accuracy - that is not something Hasbro does often.

No sign of the Dewbacks yet, but the AT-ST was what I was really after.

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 6, 2009, 09:20 AM »
What a cool toy. It's weird after having the original to mess around with for 25 years to have a completely new version. Such an improvement, yet, room to complain.

While the size and overall look are just fantastic, the detailing is a bit lacking in both the sculpting and the paint. The paint's obvious, everyone's complaining about the paint, and that's easy to remedy by either customization or future re-release. The sculpting is a tad surprising though. It's just a bit plain. For example, the toe scissors, they're there, but they're not. The surface detail on everything below the head was just phoned in as well.

The head and the engineering of the legs are outstanding though. I can't get over how sturdy this thing is. Over all, love it.

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: November 6, 2009, 03:05 PM »
If you look close at the films, the toe scissors really aren't there...  That's something the vintage one had more pronounced, possibly because the ESB model's so different than the ROTJ one and that's what it's based on more.

They're very small wire cutters (or whatever they were intended to be) on the toes though, on the ROTJ models.  Both the lifesize prop and the models actually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 7, 2009, 10:47 AM »
Noted. Thanks.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: November 9, 2009, 02:49 AM »
Still Zero sign of these locally. 

I was to 3 WM's this weekend, some of them twice, and nada.  Nothing on the shipping pallets tonight too as they were putting out Monday stock (checked two quick on the way home).

Not a good sign for this, for all of us right now.

I'm still hopeful for them showing up online so I can just ship site-to-store and avoid this horse ****.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #99 on: November 9, 2009, 10:52 AM »
Yeah, I'm pretty ******* concerned about these not showing up. I keep checking walmart.com a bunch of times a day to see if they show up, but still no luck. I was able to score two Dewbacks though, so that's cool...but it's the AT-ST I really want.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 9, 2009, 10:54 AM »
Well, just based on what I saw this weekend on the hunt, I'd be worried more about finding the Dewback than the AT-ST. The 2 stores around here with the AT-ST on display had A LOT. They completely filled their own endcap. Like the Octuptarra Droid, the stores that have them have lots of stock, it appears.

I've only seen 1 Wally with Dewbacks, and they just had 3. Those will go quick.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 9, 2009, 11:35 AM »
I'm a little concerned about finding this as well.  I checked all three of our local WMs too, without any sign of them here either.  Our closest store doesn't really have a spot for them right now, as the small "feature endcap" of SW is filled with a few CW figures, and a bunch of Octuparra droids.  They did get the Evolution sets at our closest store now, a month or two after another store in town.  I ordered the Dewback online, and really hope the AT-ST shows up there now too.  It would definitely take the stress out of it a bit.  Aside from the ESB wave (which I have preordered), I think this is the only item I'm looking for the rest of the year.  This is a reason I cringe when I hear that something spiffy is a WM exclusive, as our local stores seem to be so spotty with them over the past few years.  Target and TRU can sometimes be higher priced, but I can't say I've ever had much trouble finding their exclusives for the most part.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 9, 2009, 12:21 PM »
I too cringe when hearing of Wal Mart exclusives...  Over the past several years, I collected the 1:18 Xtreme Detail military items made by 21st Century Toys, which were sold at Wal Mart until early 2009.  If you cringe at the current level of Hasbro distribution, then trying to find 21st Century items was far worse, even during the line's heyday in the 2004-2007 timeframe.  Judging from reports on the SSHQ forum, people would find new items (mostly in the midwest and upper south) and it would be often 3-4 months if at all before I found the same items in my area in central California - and I live only 150 miles from the 21st Century Toys headquarters.  If the items even arrived, distribution would be sporadic.  It used to drive me nuts and I let off more than my share of rants.  Jesse James (another member of that forum) could probably attest the rants of myself and others who were left high and dry time and again while the same people always got the stuff.  

Star Wars is a bit of a different story, however.  Items usually seem to show up in my area and do so timely.  I was able to get the Clone Wars Y-Wing within a week of the first sighting as well as the AT-STs and Dewbacks.  The TIE Interceptors and Gunships at TRU even showed up early.  There are more collectors that I have to contend with than when I collected the military items, so that makes tracking down some items a little trickier.  Overall, however, I have greater confidence that I will eventually see the new items somewhere and get what I want.

That said, at least two of the Wal Marts in my area now have the AT-STs in large endcap displays with 10 or more vehicles.  Dewback sets are in much smaller numbers.  So far, I've only seen two Dewback sets and got one of them.    
« Last Edit: November 9, 2009, 12:26 PM by tmanthegreat »
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #103 on: November 9, 2009, 01:01 PM »
Well, if you live in NYC (which doesn't have any Walmarts), then you're pretty much screwed when an exclusive goes to Walmart. So your options are...

A. Rent a car and hope I find some AT-STs
B. Pray that it magically appears
C. Hope it goes on sale at walmart.com
D. try and get it on ebay (this sucks)
« Last Edit: November 9, 2009, 01:02 PM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #104 on: November 9, 2009, 01:13 PM »
I found two AT-St's by chance this morning to my surprise after a few failed hunting trips this weekend. I saw a lot of Dewbacks as well, so many that I already came across some with repacked VOTC Stormtroopers in them, very hard to notice so be careful. I did find the lone two AT-ST's this morning next to the Octapurra Droids which made me very happy to be finished with exclusives this year. I got everyone I wanted. The only one that I am on the fence for is the Target Big Wing Tie Fighter.

This looks really good and compared to other exclusives the price was not bad at all.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/