Author Topic: Walmart Legacy Collection AT-ST  (Read 40695 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 TLC AT-ST
« Reply #15 on: April 1, 2009, 04:57 PM »
You guys may have seen this, but this was my modification of the existing one.

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 1, 2009, 09:27 PM »
Hmmm... maybe this pic is real, maybe it's something else?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: April 2, 2009, 01:31 AM »
*shrugs*

It's all painted up purdy...  Looks a little too detailed in the main gun well, on the "chin", to be a toy, but the picture isn't that great to really say.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: April 2, 2009, 02:24 AM »
The more I look at that photo, the more I think that's a model...  Look at the chin gun.  Far too detailed to be a toy.  The cockpit and legs and whatnot are pretty detailed, plus it's all painted up...  That's a model, and if someone's trying to fake it off as "legit" they're full of ****. 

Sorry Jess...   :-\  I don't mean to be a downer or anything, that's just not a photo of any toy.  The chin gun alone gives that away to me.  Given the way it's photographed, I wouldn't be shocked if that was a ROTJ prop...  They often were photographed for archiving in that manner with the tag and whatnot.  I've seen lots of photos like that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 2, 2009, 11:39 AM »
Yeah, when I saw that picture I thought it was way too detailed in some areas. As awesome as it would be if that really was the toy and it was just uber detailed at movie prop level, I just don't think we're gonna see something like that.

Cool find though. I'd be curious to see what that really ends up being.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 2, 2009, 12:07 AM »
I noticed in Yakface's Q and A this week, there might be further confirmation of this:

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=65569

They don't specifically name the AT-ST, but in one question they do talk about replacing existing molds of older vehicles (and retiring the old ones) and say there are two all-new surprises coming this fall.  With the rumors of the AT-ST, you would think that would be one of them.  I wonder what the 2nd one could be, as I don't think we've seen many non-CW vehicles aside from Wedge's X-Wing, unless that is somehow all-new.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: May 2, 2009, 01:52 AM »
I'm assuming the Snowspeeder, but that may be too good to be true.  I mention it only because it's come up in the past in the Q&A as something they would like to try to get the proper size/scale.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 2, 2009, 09:50 AM »
I'm assuming the Snowspeeder, but that may be too good to be true.  I mention it only because it's come up in the past in the Q&A as something they would like to try to get the proper size/scale.

I'd love it if that were true.  I've really been hoping for a new, more accurate snowspeeder.  Like you mentioned Jesse, they have brought it up in past Q and A's, so it is always a possibility.  I thought the likelihood might be increased for late this year/early next year due to the Luke/Wedge Snowspeeder figures coming (or rumored to be coming) in the later ESB wave.  Plus, we've got the 30th Anny of ESB next year as well.  It always sounds like if/when vehicles like this come out, they could be exclusives, which is a shame I think.  I don't know why these couldn't be put in the regular vehicle assortments (unless it doesn't "fit" a pricepoint), but maybe I'm just overestimating the sales redone OT ships would get with all the kid focus being on Clone Wars these days.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 2, 2009, 10:23 AM »
Cool. Anything would be great.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #24 on: May 2, 2009, 11:42 AM »
I'm more keen on the snowspeeder than anything else, but I have to imagine we will see updates of it, the AT ST, the AT AT and even Slave I here in the next few years. 

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #25 on: May 2, 2009, 01:12 PM »
I would love a "little" snowspeerder.  If it comes out, I'm sure it would be in the 25.00 assortment, so I'm hoping Hasbro gets creative and throws in a Radar dish laser cannon, or even the turret from the UBP!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 2, 2009, 04:14 PM »
I would love a "little" snowspeerder.  If it comes out, I'm sure it would be in the 25.00 assortment, so I'm hoping Hasbro gets creative and throws in a Radar dish laser cannon, or even the turret from the UBP!
By "little" do you mean smaller than the existing mold?  I could see them rereleasing that in the $25 mid-size assortment, but can't see them just slightly shrinking it with an entirely new mold. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 2, 2009, 04:35 PM »
Hasbro has explicitly stated in at least a couple of Q&A sessions that they were working on a new Snowspeeder.  That goes back to September of 2008.  It seems like Hasbro is trying to get it into the Starfighter vehicle assortment.  And if they can, it's got potential to be the new Jedi starfighter if they do some basic repaints.  That way we could get versions for Luke, Wedge, Zev, Kesin Omiss, Hobbie...you name it!  If they can get this released in the fall I'll be a happy guy.  Because even in the vintage days I wasn't too keen on that Snowspeeder.  It's a 29 year old mold and definitely needed to be updated.

As for the AT-ST?  I'm hopeful, but Hasbro's been trying to keep a little bit mum on it.  So in that respect I remain in the "we'll see" camp.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #28 on: May 2, 2009, 06:25 PM »
By "little" do you mean smaller than the existing mold?  I could see them rereleasing that in the $25 mid-size assortment, but can't see them just slightly shrinking it with an entirely new mold. 
Well, the original 1980 Snowspeeder is way, way too big!  An accrate one might bee seen as a rip-off in the $25 mid-size assortment.  I think that's why the've held off on it.

But yes, this could be a big repaint vehicle.  I'd even take a tan EU "desert" version!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 4, 2009, 09:20 AM »
I see the AT-ST was brought up in GH's Q and A this week as well, with them asking if it would (if made) possibly fit into the new "deluxe" pricepoint, which Hasbro replied saying that it would be a considerable chunk cheaper than that.  So, unless this is somehow fitting into the starfighter assortment at $25, this is likely going to be an exclusive I would think (which maybe we already thought/knew).  It did sort of seem like it was more semi-confirmation on this though.