Author Topic: Walmart Legacy Collection AT-ST  (Read 40689 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Walmart Legacy Collection AT-ST
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2009, 04:44 PM »
That's till you find out Hasbro's plan for the Scanner dude.  he will be a limited production figure, only 50 made, one for each state.  The 2nd box variant will be part of a limited edition 2011 promotion as well.  ::)  

Hey, I like him...  Something is bound to go wrong.

LOL!
C'mon have a little optimism, it's not 2003 when SW was non existent. I have been finding equal pricing online including shipping without the hassles of store runs. Screw the box stores, too much work. But you never know seeinf how Wave 5& 6 are this years TAC Wave 5.

Speaking of running changes did they update/confirm/verify the 2nd Uggy & HRT?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 04:45 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2009, 04:58 PM »

That is why he is so pessimistic.  Ugnaught #2 will show up in the '09 Card line (BD28 in the RotJ wave cases), but the version 2 Hoth Rebel is getting shafted - low, low numbers in the AotC revision cases (only on-line for the most part and no way to tell which Rebel you will get when you order).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 04:58 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2009, 05:22 PM »

That is why he is so pessimistic.  Ugnaught #2 will show up in the '09 Card line (BD28 in the RotJ wave cases), but the version 2 Hoth Rebel is getting shafted - low, low numbers in the AotC revision cases (only on-line for the most part and no way to tell which Rebel you will get when you order).

Crap, I missed that nugget. Fan outcry will no doubt motivate them to pull a Stormtrooper commander move and rerelease him down the line....I hope.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2009, 05:23 PM »
Hello,

We're Hasbro...  Would you like lube with your screwjob?  It's 2009, so it's gonna cost you extra.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2009, 05:35 PM »
Hello,

We're Hasbro...  Would you like lube with your screwjob?  It's 2009, so it's gonna cost you extra.

They are not as bad as Mattel but that really blows. The Ugnaught #2 would have worked out much better for this boo-boo but they went with the army builder. Screw the optimism **** I wrote earlier, I am pissed too. Now I really have to go on the hunt, I have no choice, I really do not care for the beardo. I bought 4 of him and swapped heads on three.

I do think they will bring this figure back later but it will be awhile.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2009, 05:36 PM »
Does anyone have one in hand so we know to start looking?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2009, 05:54 PM »

In stores 10/01/09.  Go back and look at the slide.   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2009, 05:57 PM »

In stores 10/01/09.  Go back and look at the slide.   ;)

Those dates don't seem to mean **** on some of the slides as some of the items shown have already been found, we could see this next week for all Hasbro knows.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 05:57 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2009, 06:12 PM »
Usually I don't start seeing stuff for months after the Hasbro slides say it should be in stores. I'd say by Thanksgiving it'll be everywhere.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2009, 06:14 PM »
Those dates don't seem to mean **** on some of the slides as some of the items shown have already been found, we could see this next week for all Hasbro knows.  ;D

True - our WMs are all a mess as you know, but bodes well for those folks out there that have WM's that stock exclusives.

I'd say by Thanksgiving it'll be everywhere.

*hopefully*   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2009, 06:31 PM »

In stores 10/01/09.  Go back and look at the slide.   ;)

I was actually talking about the HRT without the beard but this is the wrong thread. I got side tracked. Thanks anyway, I do appreciate the gesture!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2009, 07:18 PM »
I'm still sticking with it being scaled properly, despite the designer's assertion it's an inch or so short.  I'm wagering he's saying "at ease" it's short, but just looking at it "at ease" with a trooper under it, I think once it's in a normal standing/walking mode it's the proper size.  1" falls well within what I call the "fudging room" on SW vehicles.

Since prop models, lifesize set props, and such rarely ever match, there usually is a gap in the "actual" dimensions...  This report just reinforces to me that this beast is done proper.  Makes me excited to actually see one in person now.  Right now my only gripe is the rear of the cockpit is filled in, leaving no room for ewoks to play with Chewbacca's hair and annoy him.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2009, 11:36 AM »
It's close to scale, but I think the lack of vertical leg space in the cockpit confirms that it's not quite there.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2009, 04:45 PM »
LOOOOVE IT!

Got to play with it too. Brian, the guy who designed it, is really cool and really put a lot of love and care into it. He can tell you off the top of his head how close it is to true scale with a 3 3/4 inch figure (an inch and a half if I remember correctly.) I think he had as much fun showing me the piece as I did playing with it.

Customizers note: The head (cockpit) comes off so that you can use the legs for a custom log crushed head if you build one.

The figure is just a repaint though, I did confirm that. I'm actually okay with it.

I also got paid a great compliment. Many of you know how much of an Imperial enthusiast I am and hopefully you've already seen my 219 photo album on 'scum of my battalion. I was starting to tell Brian about my collection and the album when his jaw dropped. "That's you?" he said. "I spent over an hour looking through your photos." He shook my hand and said some other nice things which didn't register as I was too flattered. Very cool.

Um, link please? I'd love to peruse those pics too.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2009, 07:13 PM »
It's close to scale, but I think the lack of vertical leg space in the cockpit confirms that it's not quite there.

That could also be a design necessity though, for it's ability to connect sturdy to the lower body, the function of the removable "chin" guns...  That's not unprecedented.  I'm still hopeful just eyeballing it.  Part of me thinks it's being measured via the walker "at ease" like I'd mentioned earlier, rather than at the ready for walking...  That's the loophole, if you will, to how it could be to-scale and surprisingly big.