Author Topic: Walmart Legacy Collection AT-ST  (Read 40805 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Legacy Collection AT-ST
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2009, 03:45 PM »
Jesse (or anyone else who has this thing), can you hook us up with some pics?

PM sent.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2009, 04:40 PM »
Thanks Justin!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2009, 06:03 PM »
We were doing some out of town Christmas shopping today, and stopped at a WM on the way home and found about a dozen of these on the shelves, so I was happy to pick one up.  I wouldn't mind getting another one eventually, but I didn't think the wife would go for getting two AT-STs today.  If we ever get them locally, or at WM.com, I may grab another.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2009, 07:04 PM »
Our local WM had five of these on the shelf today, and I have to admit after opening the one I got a week or so ago, I'm tempted to grab one more.  I may do that if they are still there after pay day.  I've never really "army built" vehicles, but I wouldn't mind having at least a couple of these - and maybe a couple of the new Snowspeeders if we indeed get those next year.  Really a nicely done vehicle I think.  I have it standing next to the POTF2 AT-AT though, and it does make me sort of want a redone AT-AT, even if it couldn't be to scale. :)

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2009, 10:32 PM »
So far, these are not really moving in my area.  One of my local Wal Marts has at least 10 of them still sitting on the shelf.  I'm content with my one, but if they are discounted after the holidays, I'll grab another ;)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2009, 02:01 AM »
I'd say of the 20 or so that got out at most WM's I visit, about half are gone.  Some it's seemed like more but they've not sold out.  The Dewback is gone at many WM's, or down to at most 4 which I saw tonight.  Many sold out though of that piece.  Surprising in a way.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 23, 2009, 12:12 PM »
just got this yesterday and I was very underwhelmed by this after picking up the AT-TE recently for nearly the smae price.  I understand that it is not a very fait comparison, but dollars to dollars this thing is horrible.

While the insane amount of articulation is cool upon opening the box, out of the box it is less than spectacular.  Mine loves to fall over if it is in any position other than the one straight out of the box.  Also, the head will not stay on.  The way the head is supposed to clip in doesn't work I think because the clips are too small.  It should be fixable with glue - but that should not be necessary. 

Also the driver leaves nothing to write home about in comparison to figures of todays current standards.

$44 is way too much for this - but again I am jaded after recently getting the AT-TE for $50.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2009, 04:16 PM »
Bear in mind you technically shouldn't be getting an AT-TE for $50 too though.  ;)  That's a $100 toy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2009, 09:41 AM »
I feel $44 is too much for the AT ST too - but then I got the AT TE for $15.   ;D

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2009, 09:49 AM »
Although I've yet to open mine, to me, $44 dollars (sub $40 value for the AT-ST/$5-6 value for the figure) is an extremely fair price for this considering it being an all new item. I much rather support the line by purchasing this at full price than any of the other repainted offerings at their full price.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2009, 11:40 AM »
Although I've yet to open mine, to me, $44 dollars (sub $40 value for the AT-ST/$5-6 value for the figure) is an extremely fair price for this considering it being an all new item. I much rather support the line by purchasing this at full price than any of the other repainted offerings at their full price.

Although I'd certainly like to pay less, I didn't think that $40-ish was a terrible price for this either.  I remember picking up the POTJ one for around $30 I believe (although it did come with a speeder bike and two figures), but with the way prices have increased on figures and everything else since then - and the fact that it is a completely new sculpt (and exclusive), $40 didn't seem too terrible.  Plus, it seems - at least at this point - this is the only way we'll be getting new OT vehicles and beasts (meaning, the exclusive route), I'll support it at that price.  I'm tempted to pick up a second, but haven't decided yet.  Sure, it isn't as good a deal as a $50 (or $15) AT-TE, but like Jesse said, that's the sale price.  If we were getting these AT-STs for $22 each, we'd be going crazy buying these up too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2009, 12:53 PM »

Agreed completely.  For something all new, there's no comparison to something like a repackaged TIE or X-Wing (even if they do come with a new ladder or cockpit).

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2009, 01:45 PM »
Yeah, the all-new and improved AT-ST @ $44 sure puts that $50 half-new, half-recycled TRU TIE Interceptor to shame...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2009, 03:43 PM »
The only thing that bumps the TIE Int. up to me is that it's scaled right and the cockpit features a ton of detail inside and out (the functioning ejection seat and all that jazz).  But I still only bought one, mostly because of price, of that item. 

I'd like 2 or 3 more AT-ST's...  or even more.  :-[  I bought 2 myself and I'm compelled to get at least a 3rd here before Christmas.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2009, 09:00 AM »
Yeah, the all-new and improved AT-ST @ $44 sure puts that $50 half-new, half-recycled TRU TIE Interceptor to shame...  :-\

Agreed and agreed.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."