Author Topic: Walmart Legacy Collection AT-ST  (Read 40992 times)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Legacy Collection AT-ST
« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2010, 12:15 PM »
my son loved this thing, it is so cool! but it fell yesterday and I think something broke off at the body. I can't find the piece and now the left leg won't stay on. I'll check my local wallys to see if one has any left I can exchange or I'll in touch with hasbro cust support.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 1, 2010, 10:31 AM »
I noticed that our local WM, after marking these down to $30, now has them back up to the $43.86 price.  I really don't get the price changes there sometimes.  These started at $43 here, then moved to the "clearance" aisle after Christmas (with red clearance stickers but the same $43 price), then moved back to the normal aisle with normal tagging at $30, and now the tags are changed to $43 again.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 1, 2010, 11:55 AM »
I've heard Walmart employees say its a way of fooling the customer into thinking they are getting a deal where none exists. I've seen them put a clearance sticker on at its regular retail price but mark up a much higher price that it was "marked down from".
« Last Edit: March 1, 2010, 11:56 AM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 2, 2010, 10:36 AM »
These suddenly disappeared from my stores. The only one I found was marked back up to $44.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 3, 2010, 07:39 PM »
I found time to open my $22 clearance opener and I really dig this thing, but can't stand the sweat stains.  Kinda wish they would have used the wash like they did on the back of the head all over the body, but no biggie.  Looking forward to the inevitable Hoth repaint.  It's nice to actually move the legs around in all sorts of crazy positions, but the vinty version still holds a special spot for me as it was one of the few SW vehicles I had as a kid.

Two questions - what's the slot for on the back part of the body and is this thing lighter than the vintage mold?  I don't have any of mine out at the moment to compare, but this thing is very light.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2010, 07:41 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 3, 2010, 11:42 PM »
The WM by me has had these in the "clearence"aisle for weeks but at the full $40 price.  I keep hoping they go down so I can buy at least one more.  If they would get it down to 2 I would probably buy 2.  I love this vehicle. 

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2010, 02:36 PM »
I picked up two more of these beasts for $24 each today. I was happy that my local WM finally marked them down. 4 AT-STs lined up looks pretty awesome, but it unfortunately takes up a decent amount space.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 26, 2010, 01:02 PM »
There is a Report that these (and the Dewback) are showing up at ROSS stores.  I am going to head over at lunch to get firm intel and Pics if possible.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #173 on: March 26, 2010, 01:04 PM »
Yep, I heard $14.99 for the dewback and $20.00 for the chicken walker.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #174 on: March 26, 2010, 06:35 PM »
It's true.  I got 2 AT-ST's just now.  No Dewbacks but I'm wagering that's just the store I was at.  I have Ross's everywhere here so I'm going to hopefully hit another one this weekend and maybe a third.  We'll see how this goes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #175 on: March 26, 2010, 07:38 PM »
My Walmart has dewbacks for $14 and exclusive Rebel pilot Evo sets for $9.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #176 on: March 27, 2010, 02:22 AM »
Dewbacks went with AT-ST's here...   :-\  I'd have loved to score another Dewback but such is life I figured (I got 2, I figured I was lucky at that).

I bought the last Evo set at my WM last week...  AT-ST's were my big clearance want, as there were a couple stores that had 8 or more (one had at least a dozen, and all in a weird aisle endcap near a wall over near lawn & garden, nowhere near toys).  They dried up fast though, even that store.

I got the two AT-ST's tonight and I'm giddy.  I paid full price for most of my AT-ST's but to get 2 at half off, I'm really on cloud nine and I'm up to a nice "standard imperial armor column" of them too.  They're sharp as hell.  I plan to custom at least one up.  If I had found more I was planning some full-on repainting with EU camo.  My other Ross had NOTHING though, but a lone Vos/Faie comic pack.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 27, 2010, 11:20 AM »
Hard to pass these up for $20. I picked up two more this last week bringing my total to 4 of these. If they can last a few more weeks, I'll get two more.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 2, 2010, 12:56 AM »
Picked up one at Ross as well as a Rebel Pilots evo set.

Have you ever noticed how the Hoth AT-ST looks nothing like the Endor one?

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #179 on: April 2, 2010, 01:06 AM »
Yes.

The Hoth AT-ST is actually a 100% different model.  It stands taller on its legs when walking compared to the Endor AT-ST, and the head is thinner/smaller overall.  

The Vintage AT-ST is actually based on the ESB model design (obviously because it came out in 1980 prior to ROTJ opening).  On it there's the little helmet/horns logo on the side and things, just like the toy.

The Endor AT-ST then sits more squat, it lacks the little tabs holding the ankle tight on the back, and other things...  The new AT-ST mold is based on the Endor one.  The original AT-ST was actually NOT intended to be used till Lucas saw it and liked it a lot.  He then insisted they keep the design and add it into the FX shots.

EU's got a lot more designs too...  Some full cockpit changes, some just different weaponry to the existing "frame".  Marvel was notorious for this.  They did a lot of different designs for different vehicles, actually, but the AT-ST seems to have the most variety in EU for some reason.  *shrugs*

I wouldn't count on the Hoth AT-ST being done accurately though, to that model.  I'd dig it, but I just don't think it'll ever happen.  The differences are really significant, especially if you ever see both models side-by-side.  A possible reason for the differences is that the ESB Model/Design was destroyed.  This happened a lot more than people realize...  The Y-Wings seen on tours, or in many archive photos, are not originals...  All ANH YW's were destroyed or thrown away.  YW's in ESB and ROTJ then are technically new builds.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2010, 01:20 AM by Jesse James »