Author Topic: Warriors  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Warriors
« on: April 13, 2009, 02:08 AM »
This is sort of a shameless plug for a show on the History Channel, but it's actually really good!

I don't know if any of you have seen this show before, but this Green Beret, Terry Schappert goes to various historical spots and talks about famous battle, famous warriors throughout history.  So far he's covered the Mayans, the Vikings, the Samurai, the Germanian barbarians' victory over the Roman Empire, the British Knights and chivalry.  All with a pretty unique viewpoint.

The cool part is when Terry is not doing this show or out doing whatever his unit does, he's my brother's neighbor up in NY.  I met him briefly this past Christmas, before the show aired, and I can tell you that he's not acting at all in the show.  Real nice guy.

Check it out here.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Warriors
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 02:31 AM »
I've seen that show I believe...  Very cool you have met the host, Matt, or know him to some degree.  I'm now gonna have to DVR that show and pay it more attention.  I saw, I think, the Germanic Barbarians episode.  That seemed familiar anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 02:34 AM »
I've caught an episode or two and it is pretty enjoyable and educational. That volcanic glass the Mayans used on their macahuitls is some pretty wicked ****. Schappert just barely nicked himself with it and needed some serious stitches.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 01:30 AM »
Glad you guys like it.  It's a very good show.

Ryan -- that weapon was really impressive using stone-age technology!  My brother gave him **** about cutting himself too (especially since that was the pilot).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 01:30 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.