Multimedia > Star Wars Universe

Star Wars Saga Viewing Order?

(1/5) > >>

Brian:
Since this could fit in either the prequel or Original Trilogy forum, I thought it might fit best here.  We've heard the discussion a lot, but for those of you with kids (or nieces, nephews, or friends' kids) - what order would you choose to show them the Star Wars Saga?  Would you go in order (1-6), in the order many or most of us viewed them in (4-6, 1-3), or some other order of your own (I've heard some say 4, 5, 1-3, 6)?  Maybe you'd skip the prequels altogether :P.  Anyways, what do you think is the best viewing order for new viewers?  I would sort of lean towards viewing them the way I did (OT first, then the PT), because seeing things like the Vader reveal, the first appearance of Yoda, etc. were some of the greatest moments for me as a kid.  It is possible that it wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal to today's kids, as society has changed a lot since the early 80s.  What viewing order do you prefer?

JesseVader08:
I'd view them in the same order I saw them: 4-6, 1-3.  Otherwise a lot of the shock moments in ESB and ROTJ would be lost.

Ben:
I agree, 4-6 then 1-3. Yoda's reveal is great in ESB, whereas he just shows up in TPM. I often wonder if someone sees 1-3 first if they'd be interested enough in continuing on with 4-6.

Brian:

--- Quote from: inadvertent imitation on May 24, 2009, 04:42 PM ---I agree, 4-6 then 1-3. Yoda's reveal is great in ESB, whereas he just shows up in TPM. I often wonder if someone sees 1-3 first if they'd be interested enough in continuing on with 4-6.

--- End quote ---

That's a good question too.  The Yoda reveal is one of the big ones for me as well.  Of course, you have the Luke/Vader confrontation with the "I am your father" revelation, but I wonder at this point how many people/kids don't know that anymore beforehand.  You make a great point about Yoda's reveal in ESB, where there is no fanfare whatsoever in TPM.

A.J.:
I would have them view 4-6 first and then 1-3 just because of all the plot twists.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version