Multimedia > Star Wars Universe

Star Wars Saga Viewing Order?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Phrubruh:
When I showed these movies to my five year old, we started with the OT first. Now he knows who Luke, Han and Leia are. He talks all about them now. Then we watched the TPM and ATOC. He liked Darth Maul alot and all of the Clone trooper action since he watches the CW cartoon. He hasn't seen ROTS since its a very dark and PG13 for him. Maybe later. He is perfectly happy with what he saw and likes TESB the best! He loves AT-ATs!

Scott:
My boys (9 and 7) still have not seen ROTS.  I don't think they need to see that yet...I think they get what happened but man that stuff is intense.

We have not watched the movies in a year or so...I was thinking they both could go to ROTS 3D in 2014 with me

Ryan:
I still think that the best way to start is with the OT first followed by the PT. The films would hold a lot more suspense and surprise that way, not that anyone who isn't 6 years old doesn't already know Vader is Luke and Leia's father.

I wonder if anyone has ever asked this question to Lucas? I'd be interested to see what he has to say. I would think he's say PT first.

JediJman:

--- Quote from: Ryan on January  6, 2012, 02:40 AM ---I still think that the best way to start is with the OT first followed by the PT. The films would hold a lot more suspense and surprise that way, not that anyone who isn't 6 years old doesn't already know Vader is Luke and Leia's father.

I wonder if anyone has ever asked this question to Lucas? I'd be interested to see what he has to say. I would think he's say PT first.

--- End quote ---

Agreed.  We're going to watch E5 in the next few weeks I think.  They've just seen E4 so far, but they've seen enough books and other material to know about Anakin and what happens to him.  I hope the revelation isn't totally lost on them.   :-\

Brian:
Sort of related to this topic, but I happened across this article at Yahoo when I logged out of mail tonight....written by someone who hadn't watched Star Wars since ROTS was released in 2005, and some observations about the Saga in general (including viewing order).  Just thought I'd pass it along:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blows-yoda-does-watched-star-235315196.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version