This is sort of a gloomy thread considering Hasbro really is doing their best work right now... Not at their best prices of course, and maybe not at the best times for the line, but definitely their best figures have been made in the last several years. The articulation, the scale, the sculpting, the detail, the accessories... I don't think it's ever been this good.
That said, I'll play along... There's a few figures I would simply be pissed if this line ended without doing them properly. There aren't a ton that I don't have in some form or another that I would feel the same way without them in the line at all though. For me, it's more who was never done properly, so my list would consist of a LOT of resculpts, mostly OT figures.
1 ) Rebel Fleet Trooper... #1 on my list in every way, Hasbro has yet to do this figure properly. It's the mainline Rebel soldier, and yet somehow the honor guard and technician are better overall figures. That sucks. As an army builder though, it really sucks that they've not given us that definitive, generic, Rebel Fleet Trooper with all the bells and whistles. The first figure was pathetic, even for its time, and the second figure was a notch below par for its time, and besides looking better than the first figure, it was a pretty sad toy overall and lacked most any features and many smaller details.
2 ) Grand Moff Tarkin... His POTF2 figure is poor, and his ROTS figure is only accurate to his ROTS character (looking NOTHING like Peter Cushing, not to mention the uniform isn't right either). Tarkin's my favorite character in the trilogy and so he's my #2 most wanted resculpt. If we're allowed to "live" a little with these choices, I'd request he come with a chair and maybe part of the Death Star conference table... That way you could buy multiple Tarkins and make the table, or just have him sit at a "desk" or something.
3 ) Garrouf Lafoe... Weird choice? Perhaps, but human characters are lacking and the Cantina snitch is one I've wanted for a while. Give me Lafoe so my Cantina can finally have that shady human guy in it.
4 ) Echo Base Trooper... I'm not a huge demander of seeing the vintage line totally fleshed out. It'd be nice, but if we're limited to 22 figures, then my priorities shift, and certain guys like the Death Squad Trooper will get nixed... He's basically Captain Needa with a DST helmet on and a headset, so I can make that myself easy enough. The echo base Rebel Soldiers aren't near as easy to whip up though. Some of the base parts exist, but really I'd prefer a Hasbro-made Echo base trooper.
5 ) Luke Hoth... This figure's never been done right, and that's a shame. We need him.
6 ) Bespin Han... See above. I'm amazed this figure hasn't happened yet, other than the POTJ figure was pretty slick looking. Regardless of how nice it looked though, it's a poor figure by today's standards. It at least needs a new headsculpt, new articulated arms, and new articulated legs. The torso rocks and could be re-used though. Ideally to me though, they'd do the ultimate GOOD softgoods coat for him, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for that happening.
7 ) Hoth Leia... Again, same as the last two, however I would request a "head variant" that gave us her bespin noggin' as well, so we could make a reasonably decent Bespin escape Leia. It also would help SELL the figure, which seems to be a problem Leia's run into I guess.
8 ) Dr. Evazan... One of the more noticeable Cantina characters and no good figure exists. Time to update.
9 ) One or two of Jabba's Goons from the SE... I don't care who, but I'd like one or two of the human goons. The bearded guy and the pointy hat guy are probably my top two picks, but whatever. One or the other would at least be nice.
10) Vintage Nikto Guard... It kills two birds with one stone. Gives us a nice new Nikto and gets a vintage character off the table. That's good.
11) Weequay Skiff Master... Too noticeable to pass up I think, plus again it gives us a nice new Weequay which the line doesn't have, as the POTF2 figure sorta sucks.
12) Dak Raltier... Luke's Gunner deserves a nice figure, and doubles as a very nice, generic, Rebel hoth pilot army builder too.
13) Bom Vimdin... Probably the only unmade alien from the Cantina that I'm ga-ga to get. Love that freak.
14) Ultimate ENdor Rebel... Hasbro's have all been short of anything near perfect. This figure will come with a removable vest and trench coat, so you can make a sergeant or grunt. The articulation will be super articulated all around, and all the gear removable as it should be (bandolier, backpack, pistol, and rifle). The Endor Rebel, sadly, is pretty much as sad as the other Rebel figures... Definitely needing improvement here.
15) Snowtrooper Officer w/Eweb Cannon... I'd like to first see a really great Snowtrooper officer done, but also he will come with a properly scaled E-Web cannon that actually folds up for transport!
16) Palpatine Office Duel... One of the only prequal figures I can think of that I really, really, really would like to have done properly. The ultimate softgoods figure.
17) Palpatine Senate Duel... Same as above, rivaling it for ultimate softgoods figure.
18 ) Rebel Infiltrator... The rare EU character I'd slip in... The infiltrators are the Snake Eyes of the Star Wars world, and would make a kickass figure to me. Removable helmet/mask, throwing knives, working holster... Based on the West End Games design, which is pretty sick looking. I'd buy a hefty army of these guys.
19) SPace Trooper... The second EU character I'd slip in... A West End Games style Space Trooper in the big bulky space suit/armor. Make it removable and have a Stormtrooper in just his black spandex suit fit into the space armor suit like it should. That would be the true Spacetrooper the line deserves, not that POS from the Zahn Trilogy comics.
20) Sturdy, SA Battledroid... A resculpt I believe the line needs desperately, is this figure. Give him paint variants galore, and officer variant, the works. And engineer one that's actually sturdy, and super articulated. It's within their power to do so (the security droid is quite sturdy), so they need to get on this already.
21) Prune Face... Removable eye patch so you can have him with or without, and super articulation. The Dresellian's are always overlooked and deserve a good new figure.
22) Imperial "Technician"... Super articulated, removable hat... It'd be nice if Hasbro made it so you could replace his hands with gloved hands too, for variety. It would double as a great Imperial Army Trooper (AT-ST Driver) as well. Count me in for dozens of this figure if it were to be made.
1 ) Ultimate X-Wing... To-scale to the action figures, removable armor panels to expose some of the engine and internal components, functional cockpit, functional droid socket, landing gear with gear doors that open/close, no droopy wings, perfect painted decals and extra water-transfer decals for customizing it to other pilots. Even if this were $100, I'd buy at least 5, and probably quite a few more as time went on.
2 ) Ultimate Y-Wing... Same as above. No figures or electronic frills or anything, just a great to-scale ship that does the models of the original trilogy justice.
3 ) Ultimate Jabba... Jabba the Hutt, all new and super detailed, and comes with his dais and whatnot. Includes a repaint of the last Han in Carbonite slab in "frozen" deco. Otherwise it's just a great new Jabba on a great new Dais, to finally wrap that thing up.
4 ) Ultimate Speederbike... I'm ignoring the Snowspeeder and AT-ST since they're "rumored". Just assuming we'll get them, otherwise they'd maybe replace Jabba and the Speederbike... That said though, the Speederbike needs a new, simple, small resculpt. Make a clear stand for it so it "hovers" and that's that, for that. Count me in for one for every scout I've got around here, and that's a LOT of speederbikes. I'd buy more for repaints too (Hoth, Shadow, stolen Rebel, etc.).
Pretty OT heavy, but I have a couple Prequal and EU wants that I'd love tos ee some day. Ultimately though, perfect versions of figures are what I'd be looking for, mostly for figures we've already got that simply suck.
Where is all this stuff?