Author Topic: Target SotE TIE Fighter (new cockpit)  (Read 19966 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Target SotE TIE Fighter (new cockpit)
« on: May 13, 2009, 04:13 PM »
Seems that way...  Check out the front page for the images we just received, and what appears to be yet another rendition of the "big wing" TIE Fighter.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 05:57 PM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Another "new" TIE Fighter?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 04:16 PM »
Ah, the Empire's short lived TIE/Albino.....

Very cool details on the cockpit, are those straps to hold the pilot still?
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 04:21 PM »
It appears so...  I wouldn't judge the coloring to be accurate, as it's not a final product, but you never know.  They've released a white TIE for "nostalgia" purposes already, even though they're not white in the movies.  ::)

I like getting the cockpit redone complete inside and out it appears, and I am guessing Adam May over at GalacticHunter will be giddy since I think he's asked for that once or twice... 

It's sharp looking, I admit.  It almost inevitably means the Interceptor will be out though, at some point.  I can't imagine it won't be anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 04:24 PM »
Meh...I've already got five or six of these in various colors.  Not sure I want to play this game again with a new cockpit.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 04:35 PM »
I'll probably bite on this one, depending on the final colors. I'm curious about the red view screens though. Will this be the final color? If so, it's kind of neat to achieve the red cockpit interior lighting but I think it would turn out better just using it on the hatch.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 05:06 PM »
Time to sell my other four........this looks really cool plus it has the new cockpit. I hope they improve the connection points. It seems they would be better of just retooling the damn body, that's all that's left of the original.

I upgraded my A-Wing fleet (POTF2 & Saga) with the new cockpit from the WM one to have a consistent look. I even upgraded my previous Y-Wings front canons with the TRU one. I like my fleet upgraded with the best gear. (How nerdy does that sound?) But this Tie thing will be hard to upgrade the old ones. I rather have a consistent fleet color/cockpit function anyway. The Whole Blue vs Grey thing has really bothered me. I want my Imperial Fleet to look the same, at least this gives me a reason. I am glad I passed on the White one.

I hope the colors on this are movie realistic....

If anyone is interested I have:
Saga2 Grey version x2 (1 is still MIB)
ROTS Target Blue one
Diamond Hobbie Tie (MIB no Hobbie)

Open to trade/reasonable offers...........
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 05:40 PM »
I've yet to bite on the big wing TIE so I suppose I should go ahead and snag this one. But where to put it...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 05:47 PM »
I assume this will fall under the overpriced $60 vehicle assortment unless they find a way to keep it as an exclusive, though Hasbro said that if they were to release a new larger AT-ST it would be less that $50 so who knows.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 07:22 PM »
I have the large wing TIE from Target but skipped both TRU versions and the Diamond Rebel ship.  This, however, might get me to bite again.  I like the updated cockpit and have been wanting another one or two large wing TIEs to go with my X-Wings.

Great scoop, Jesse.

Edit to add that I wouldn't worry about the colors.  This is probably just a first shot and may not have any final colors in it, including the red view screen.  But, that would be kind of a cool variation.

E...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 07:25 PM by efranks »
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 08:43 PM »
The new control yoke looks promising.  It's one of the most distinct features in the TIE cockpit.  It's just tough to tell how the production version will look from these images.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 08:51 PM »
My big wing TIE is hanging from my ceiling with no pilot inside, so an updated cockpit is of no interest to me.  But, I'm glad for you guys who will use the interior as it does seem more film accurate.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 11:21 PM »
I've yet to bite on the big wing TIE so I suppose I should go ahead and snag this one. But where to put it...

Same with me. I'm probably going to have to finally get one.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 11:39 PM »
I'll probably bite on this one, depending on the final colors. I'm curious about the red view screens though. Will this be the final color? If so, it's kind of neat to achieve the red cockpit interior lighting but I think it would turn out better just using it on the hatch.

With regards to the red, I doubt it.  Samples like these are usually made with whatever plastic material they have laying around.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 01:50 AM »

Are you sure you want to leave an open-ended question like that with THIS group?     :D

It looks cool, but I don't think I'll get one.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 02:12 AM »
Thanks E...  I appreciate it.

The ship is outstandingly well done in terms of accuracy on the outside, so I'm down for one.

JACKOT, let me know about the grey TIE Fighters...  I wanted two of the grey deco but only ever got one.  I'll still likely buy this new one but if you're letting a grey one go for a decent price I'm interested, as I'd like two to flank my Vader TIE that (I hope) will get painted grey at some point.