Author Topic: Target SotE TIE Fighter (new cockpit)  (Read 19969 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Another "new" TIE Fighter?
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2009, 02:09 AM »
As noted in our stories as well, the TRU TIE is very most likely the Canadian price since it came out of the TRU Canada Computer system as confirmed by Toryn Farr.  The Target story is just that the TIE Fighter DPCI # is active in the computer still.  Target re-uses DPCI's often, so the TIE Fighter may wind up there, or it may not, and prices set to DPCI's have changed in the past closer to an item's release time as well.  I'm hopeful it'll remain $40 though, but, as the saying goes...

"everything is subject to change", and that firmly applies to both these stories as of right now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2009, 12:25 AM »
After our spy report yesterday, I think I've identified the this as the Shadows of the Empire TIE Fighter
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2009, 03:14 PM »
That's itneresting stuff Jayson.  Very interesting.

A SOTE TIE though?  What an odd choice?  Maybe to match some new SOTE comic packs or something?  Just seems really weird...  Can't say I'm digging it if it's white with red windows though.  That'll be an easy pass.  I still need a second ANH grey one.  :(

Love the retooled cockpit regardless of whatever EU deco they're going with.  Long needed improvement.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2009, 03:53 PM »
Thanks, I agree that it's an odd choice, but so were the PX Ecliptic TIE and the Dagger Squadron B-Wing to me. I think this falls in line with those type of exclusive releases while justifying the upgraded cockpit for later repainting down the road.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2009, 09:38 PM »
blah...getting kinda sick of these repaints even though it may have a new cockpit, but I'm a sucker for vehicles so who knows.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2009, 09:49 PM »
I like it. I have fond memories of reading the SOTE comics (well, mostly looking at the pictures) back when I was 3-4 years old. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2009, 12:52 AM »
As much as I love Shadows of the Empire, I'm going to have to pass on this if it's red. I'll eagerly await the "regular" rerelease.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2009, 11:08 AM »
I'd be bummed if it was that color scheme. Pink on a TIE fighter? Ew.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2009, 07:43 PM »
I'll gladly pass if it is indeed a SOTE fighter.  I would've liked the Previews one but not at the price.  What's not odd there though, is they did do Biggs, for that fighter, plus the HObbie pack-in.  The SOTE Empire TIE...  There's reallynothing to go with it.

The BW was lame though, as they seemed to have no intent to do more pilots.  Why include the extra stickers, and things?  I'd like the other pilots for sure, but Hasbro's I believe said no intention to do them.  Odd.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Legacy SotE TIE Fighter?
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2009, 12:03 PM »
If this has a deco like the regular OTC version with a redish cockpit I would be OK with that. I am buying these to kitbash either way to make the Ultimate Tie Fighter. I am sure we will see this very soon either at SDCC or a leak.
If they make it look goofy it will perform as well as the Ecliptic one. You would have think they have learned there lesson on the Previews fighter. We shall see.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2009, 03:39 PM »
Pass... I've still got three of the previous TIES in the box that I yet have found room for.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2009, 04:11 PM »
Pass... I've still got three of the previous TIES in the box that I yet have found room for.

I am actually in the same boat, I have a total of 5 Big Winged Ties (ROTS, x2 Saga2 & the Ecliptic). The Ecliptic and one of my Saga2's are still boxed. I am ditching the ROTS & Ecliptic for sure to make room for new. I have several vehicles boxed that I have not opened. (AT-TE, Target ARC, Spider Droid, V-Wing, Lars Homestead, Rancor, Royal Starship, Target Tie Bomber to name a few)

I cannot wait to move to unpack because I am going to purge a lot of vehicles. I got way too much and only want the most screen accurate ones.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2009, 05:57 PM »
Hasbro SDCC'09 Slide:
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Target SotE TIE Fighter (new cockpit)
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2009, 06:02 PM »
I'm disappointed in the paintjob, as I really would like a new TIE that's completely accurate, but this one's deco and the red windows kill it for me.  Fantastic work on the cockpit though, so that's hope for the future for a grey and blue-grey deco.  I'd buy both gladly.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Target SotE TIE Fighter (new cockpit)
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2009, 06:14 PM »
So what makes this an SOTE Tie?  Just the red window?  Don't really care about the new cockpit, but it's nice they updated it.  The white/grey deco looks the same as what I have already or close enough so I'll probably pass on this.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN