Author Topic: Target SotE TIE Fighter (new cockpit)  (Read 19968 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Another "new" TIE Fighter?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 02:25 AM »
I bought the first big wing TIE Hasbro did, so I don't see the need for another one. But it's good to see them trying to get the ultimate versions of vehicles out there.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 02:44 AM »
I really wish we'd get other ships done to-scale...  The X-Wing would probably be my ultimate "wish" as it's my favorite fighter of the films.  The new one's 80% of what it should be, so it's just shy enough of being done properly that it's frustrating really.  Every time I look my 1:18 planes over, I wonder what could be with Star Wars...  A Y-WIng in this fashion, an X-Wing...  The TIE's are nice, but I've got nothing but A-Wings to hang up against them, hah.

The B-Wing would be a fair bit massive compared to the other two Rebel fighters I mentioned, but really the XW and YW wouldn't be bad if done to-scale.  I've always just figured they'd have to be "projects" for the future though.

I think I'll be lucky to get a Snowspeeder, AT-ST, and Speederbike done properly at this stage.  And of course I've always got the Imperial Fighter Corps to keep me entertained I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 10:08 AM »
Awesome! Another excuse to buy another TIE.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 10:12 AM »
The only "large wing" TIE I have is the last, TRU white version.  I didn't have the money to grab the previous versions at their time of release, so this was my chance to finally add that ship to the collection.  I might be tempted to get this new version though, depending on price and everything.  I really like that Hasbro is going back and redoing cockpits/etc. and making the OT ships a little more "definitive".  Hopefully we'll continue to see new versions of the OT ships in the next few years.  One problem I've found with the big winged TIEs is displaying them.  I haven't gotten to the point of hanging ships yet (which I probably should do), but you really need a hunk of shelf space (height mainly) to fit one of these in there - let alone several.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 12:24 PM »
I had actually been pondering buying another of the TIE's currently at TRU.  This development brought that notion to a screeching halt!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 01:26 PM »
I hope they improve the connection points.

Ain't that the truth.  I like to describe my Target version as the V-Winged TIE Fighter.  The wings are loose enough that they angle in at the bottom.

An updated more detailed cockpit isn't a bad idea.  I'm all for it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 01:27 PM by King_Maul »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 10:19 AM »
It would be nice if it came with a Evo styled pilot as well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2009, 01:46 PM »
I wish they had introduced the new cockpit with the white TRU release. I hope they don't go back and give us white, blue and gray versions all with the new cockpit. It's bad enough that when I get one of these for my MIB collection, it will be the sixth large-wing TIE that I add to my collection. (I have both the "Clean" White and "Dirty" White variants from the TRU release)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2009, 06:46 PM »
I am guessing they are going to ask $70 for this. I am not kidding, look at the new Y-Wing, Arc and the Gun Ship. This is going to be bloody prison rape at retail.

Anyone disagree?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2009, 08:32 PM »
...bloody prison rape at retail.

The worst kind.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2009, 10:32 AM »
I am guessing they are going to ask $70 for this. I am not kidding, look at the new Y-Wing, Arc and the Gun Ship. This is going to be bloody prison rape at retail.

Anyone disagree?

I dunno. If it was part of the deluxe vehicle assortment, sure. Though I don't think it belongs.  If it's another exclusive, it'll be pretty hard to justify a $70 price tag.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2009, 01:58 PM »
If they ship it in a non-Window box then yeah, I think it will end up in the expensive vehicle line.

If they put it in the exact same packaging they've been using since the OTC release then it will be an exclusive.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 03:39 PM »
Thanks to our trusty Anonymous Target Source, a DPCI # was slipped to us that COULD be the retooled Imperial TIE Fighter.  The # is 087-06-0639, and listed for $39.99.  Some DPCI codes stay in the system for a very long time though, however this one's showing as still active so it's possible this is where the ship is going to wind up.  This isn't for certain though, and we'll let you know more as soon as we hear it!

The price made me a little suspect but if it chimes in at $40 I'll be surprisingly happy considering the way everything else keeps going up.

I'm really geeked for this fighter too...  I'm hoping for blue or light grey deco, as I'd love one totally movie accurate too-scale TIE Fighter.  I'm not gonna toss my old ones out by a longshot, they're still fine ships, but to have one totally film accurate one in each film deco would be nice for the final display ship.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 01:43 AM »
So if this thing is $40 why is the intercepter $70 ? Seems like they should be the same price.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 01:46 AM »
So if this thing is $40 why is the intercepter $70 ? Seems like they should be the same price.

For the same reason the V-wing and Hailfire droids at TRU are $40 ea (despite having the figureless versions on the shelf there at the same time) - TRU pays through the nose for exclusives and sadly so do we.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird