Author Topic: The New JediDefender - Have Any Suggestions?  (Read 51281 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The New JediDefender - Have Any Suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 05:05 PM »
I guess I'm actually curious if this will have any impact on the future of the Pit? 

Change is in the air for sure.

I hope it's a deathly change.  Somedays I can't tell if I'm on a political site or a toy collecting one - at least the way I "read" this site.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 10:00 PM »
I guess I'm actually curious if this will have any impact on the future of the Pit? 

Change is in the air for sure.

I hope it's a deathly change.  Somedays I can't tell if I'm on a political site or a toy collecting one - at least the way I "read" this site.

I fail to understand this. One forum is for politics, the other 25 or so are for Star Wars/toy collecting.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 10:33 PM »
I have to say that in just this last week its been a complete 180 on this site.  Great scoops hitting the front page, spotlights on customs, even the buzz around the forms seems more alive than it has been in months.  Keep up the great work guys - it is very much appreciated. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2009, 10:38 PM »
I fail to understand this.

Some folks out there (like Mike/iFett for example) use the "View the most recent posts on the forum" link to read the forums.  There are parts of some days around here where you politicos get rolling and the "most recent posts" link fills up with many,many politics posts compared to relatively little Star Wars posts. 

I assume it's not a problem for most of the members who click around the forum and can just ignore the Pit, but it is an "annoyance" (for lack of a better word) for "recent posts" users that has been pointed out to me by a few of the folks who have had to change their reading habits in an effort to avoid the politics junk.

Like Paul said, there will most likely be changes to the Sarlaac Pit.  It is a feature enjoyed by many folks, so most likely it won't disappear, but there are probably some changes coming to the Pit...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 11:51 PM »
Like Paul said, there will most likely be changes to the Sarlaac Pit. 

Instead of a hole in a ground with tentacles, it will now have a digital beak edited into it.  ;)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 11:56 PM »
Like Paul said, there will most likely be changes to the Sarlaac Pit. 

Instead of a hole in a ground with tentacles, it will now have a digital beak edited into it.  ;)

HAHAha!  Now THAT was funny.   ;D
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 12:58 PM »
I can absolutely see how it's a distraction for some people and an annoyance for others.  That's something that I figured would happen... I mean, there's a reason why other sites have not gone the route of allowing an "anything goes" section, at least not that I'm aware of.

However, I have grown quite fond of arguing with certain people, and to be honest, it's what kept me coming back for the past year or so.  Maybe if you keep it, make it an additional login or something... just a thought. 

Whatever you do with the Pit, I'm sure you will make an educated decision. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 08:26 PM »
Any chance of bringing back Figure reviews?  I know JJ stopped mainly because there was no way to get good pictures of the figures, I was curious if there's a plan in the works to start up again though.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 10:38 PM »
Any chance of bringing back Figure reviews?  I know JJ stopped mainly because there was no way to get good pictures of the figures, I was curious if there's a plan in the works to start up again though.

Yes there is.  One of my favorite things that JD.com did when I was just a member and staffer was JJ's reviews.  We are going to have some of the next waves set up for review as soon as we can get them.  Be on the lookout for sure.  We promise it will be before the next Rebel Fleet Trooper is released, no matter how much JJ swears that is the "next" time he is going to review a figure.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 11:22 PM »
Why is the out of context forum closed again, presumably by Scott?   ???  He left a cryptic message, but I think he intended to say...

I kept trying to figure out why my left elbow was hurting this afternoon and then I started playing again ...

If you're going to shut down a thread (again), particulary one that survived for 31 pages, it would be nice to have some explanation as to why its being closed. 

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 11:38 PM »
Scott closed it at my request.  I apologize for any inconvenience, we may move it to a different section later, but for now, it needs a rest.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2009, 01:30 AM »

Yes there is.  One of my favorite things that JD.com did when I was just a member and staffer was JJ's reviews.  We are going to have some of the next waves set up for review as soon as we can get them.  Be on the lookout for sure.  We promise it will be before the next Rebel Fleet Trooper is released, no matter how much JJ swears that is the "next" time he is going to review a figure.

Awesome news!  It's always been one of my favorite features here.

Now can we chain Chewie to his desk until he puts out a new Ryklof Enloe chapter?   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2009, 01:40 AM »
Thanks Matt. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2009, 08:55 AM »
Scott closed it at my request.  I apologize for any inconvenience, we may move it to a different section later, but for now, it needs a rest.

Thank Christ...
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2009, 10:35 AM »

Thank Christ...

A.) I would thank Paul or Scott - I'm pretty sure Christ had little involvement in this.
B.) Why wouldn't you just avoid a thread if you're not interested in it?