Author Topic: The New JediDefender - Have Any Suggestions?  (Read 51277 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: The New JediDefender - Have Any Suggestions?
« Reply #75 on: December 7, 2009, 11:49 AM »
I don't pretend to know what exactly happened beyond the posts in this thread, but did those other sites receive larger images directly from sources of their own and still choose to give credit to that other site?

I agree, there's no scandal Rob.  Perhaps you can also see this from a different point of view than that of a JD staffer though?

A small forum posted some images of potential 2010 product that nobody else had access to (or so it seemed). I'm a very active member of that forum and saw there was some irritation there, and also received personal messages about it as well.  So I decided that I would take the hit and bring it up here.

Instead of investigating a little bit, or demonstrating any measure of tact, you jumped to conclusions and called someone out in public.  The "or so it seemed" part of your post here is important, because from the biased point of view of a JD staffer and a non-father, it seems to me that you're more interested in justifying your initial assumption that Jesse stole the images and magically scaled them up in a fully impossible manner, than just apologizing and letting it go.  Meanwhile Jesse, who didn't do anything wrong, immediately apologized to anyone who might have been offended by the whole thing - like an adult would do.

Sometimes I really hate the internet.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2009, 11:57 AM by Rob »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 7, 2009, 12:12 PM »
I don't pretend to know what exactly happened beyond the posts in this thread, but did those other sites receive larger images directly from sources of their own and still choose to give credit to that other site?

Not that I know of.  Again, what I was trying to do is explain how this could be viewed outside of the JD world.

I agree, there's no scandal Rob. Perhaps you can also see this from a different point of view than that of a JD staffer though?

A small forum posted some images of potential 2010 product that nobody else had access to (or so it seemed). I'm a very active member of that forum and saw there was some irritation there, and also received personal messages about it as well.  So I decided that I would take the hit and bring it up here.

Instead of investigating a little bit, or demonstrating any measure of tact, you jumped to conclusions and called someone out in public.  The "or so it seemed" part of your post here is important, because from the biased point of view of a JD staffer and a non-father, it seems to me that you're more interested in justifying your initial assumption that Jesse stole the images and magically scaled them up in a fully impossible manner, than just apologizing and letting it go.  Meanwhile Jesse, who doesn't owe anyone an apology, did apologize to anyone who might have been offended by the whole thing - like an adult would do.

Sometimes I really hate the internet.

The conclusion that I made was that CP didn't get any sort of nod here.  That's really the only conclusion that I had made.  The rest, I was curious about hence I brought it up.  If I had jumped to a further conclusion, I could have been a lot more direct than what you are claiming.  I didn't do that though because I didn't feel that was fair without knowing more information.  I wanted to give you guys a chance to explain, which is why I bumped my old post about crediting news stories.  Once I bumped it, I felt I owed you guys every reason as to why I brought this up.  And I have been nothing but honest with you in this thread.  

I do apologize to Jesse for not explaining myself better, but not for jumping to a conclusion that I didn't actually jump to.  

So, thanks for the thorough explanation Jesse, and for this suggestions section too.  But I guess my entire point about supporting other community sites has been missed, the fact that the clarity of the photos became the focal point of this discussion only derailed the entire point I was trying to make.  Supporting the rest of the community is what this was all about, not accusing JD of stealing images.  Sigh.   :(
« Last Edit: December 7, 2009, 12:45 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 7, 2009, 12:13 PM »
And BTW, the avatar thing is starting to freak me out.  For a brief moment I don't know who I'm reading a post from... Jesse, Rob or Ryan.   :P

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #78 on: December 7, 2009, 12:51 PM »
Rebel Soldier?  Hmmn...I don't even remember that.  I thought I had a clone trooper prior to this one.  Do I have a stalker?  Better watch out for flying pizza Carpet.

JJ = Jesse James, darling.

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #79 on: December 7, 2009, 12:52 PM »
No glowing eyes?

Amateur. 

I'm certainly capable, but I was just trying to back you up, man.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 7, 2009, 03:26 PM »
Rebel Soldier?  Hmmn...I don't even remember that.  I thought I had a clone trooper prior to this one.  Do I have a stalker?  Better watch out for flying pizza Carpet.

JJ = Jesse James, darling.

As usual, your attention to detail comes shining through.

Jedi Jman.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #81 on: December 7, 2009, 05:17 PM »
And as usual, your reading comprehension is dreadfully lacking, as yes, I'm aware of your screen name here having two letter J's, but when I wrote:

Quote from: Carpeteria3000
Yeah, JJ, why don't you go back to that cute little Rebel Soldier pic you used to use? He was so darling.

I was writing directly to Jesse James in reference to your suggesting that he change his avatar. I was suggesting he change back to his previous avatar, the darling little Rebel Soldier pic he used to much fame and attention. I can't imagine why I would suggest that you would change your own avatar when the subject was on Jesse's. Nothing more - it's as simple as that, sir.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 7, 2009, 05:33 PM »
Okay, here's your full post:

Yeah yeah yeah, but are you going to change your avatar?  Seriously, I'm going to have nightmares tonight.   :o

Yeah, JJ, why don't you go back to that cute little Rebel Soldier pic you used to use? He was so darling.

Seeing as how you quoted me and then referenced JJ, it's pretty unclear which of us you're referencing.  But of course, you're never wrong in your little imaginary carpet world. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #83 on: December 7, 2009, 05:52 PM »
The issue was Jesse changing his avatar. Not you. Why would you changing your own avatar save you from the "nightmares" induced by Jesse's avatar? That makes no sense. And as you so eloquently pointed out, you never had a Rebel Soldier avatar, so one would likely make the leap to judgment that I wasn't addressing you, but hey, I guess it's really unclear.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 7, 2009, 11:40 PM »
Since this has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand, shall we just drop it?  Save this BS for where it belongs.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 8, 2009, 01:20 AM »
I was just trying to redirect the conversation about picture sourcing in a lighthearted way.  Sorry for the confusion Carpet.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 8, 2009, 01:55 AM »

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #87 on: December 8, 2009, 07:37 AM »
I was just trying to redirect the conversation about picture sourcing in a lighthearted way.  Sorry for the confusion Carpet.

I'm all set. No worries.