Author Topic: TRU Legacy Collection TIE Interceptor  (Read 27764 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Legacy Collection TIE Interceptor
« Reply #60 on: October 8, 2009, 10:19 AM »
About the price though, is the buying power of Target that much greater than that of TRU to justify the $10 price difference between the two? The regular TIEs are bigger and heavier.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #61 on: October 8, 2009, 12:51 PM »
I really love how this turned out, I bought two and have to return ons and one of my wing cannons was not molded right, it looks melted. It could an isolated case but I still want to give you guys a heads up. My second one is perfect! The new details really add an amazing touch. Worth the money in my opinion.

I rather pay more and have this stuff done right than have them be too cost effective to hit a certain price. Unless they add lights I am forever satisfied with this. Bring on the Big Wing MOVIE version of the regular tie now.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 8, 2009, 01:23 PM »
Still haven't seen these hit VA yet
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 8, 2009, 06:59 PM »
I saw that little white boxed  tie fighter for $50..... Again found another weird thing or anomaly in the figure itself: Mask dont have the face stripes as the promo shows here ----> http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/data/5916/SDC_1598.JPG  , it was all black instead in all of them.

Edited: I dont even recall seen the Holster with pistol like Tie Pilot Biggs Darklighters body has...  I think its old Tie Pilot figure  instead but the box still showing the new modified tie.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2009, 10:06 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 9, 2009, 10:32 AM »
The pilot is the exact same one as the Evo pilot save for the stripes on the helmet which was probably the plan from the get go.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 9, 2009, 02:48 PM »
I've seen the Crumb Bomber here in NJ - but not this - odd that they both didn't hit around the same time...

What size is the box it comes in? Larger like the Gunship, ARC-170, Y-Wing? or something in between the $20 vehicles and the $70 ones?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 9, 2009, 03:00 PM »
What size is the box it comes in? Larger like the Gunship, ARC-170, Y-Wing? or something in between the $20 vehicles and the $70 ones?

I haven't seen my boxed POTJ Interceptor in years, but I'm pretty sure it's the same size box.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 9, 2009, 03:17 PM »

In between the $20, but just like an inch or two longer due to the wings... its not tall at all also.

The pilot is the exact same one as the Evo pilot save for the stripes on the helmet which was probably the plan from the get go.

Thanx  ;)
« Last Edit: October 9, 2009, 03:20 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2009, 09:58 AM »

I haven't seen my boxed POTJ Interceptor in years, but I'm pretty sure it's the same size box.

Exact same size.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2009, 06:46 PM »
I saw this at our local TRU this week.  I was half tempted to pick it up, but the price is keeping me away.  I have the earlier POTJ version, so it isn't a big deal, although it sounds like this one is a fairly decent improvement.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2009, 06:08 PM »
FYI - To anyone on the fence about this item it's worth noting that the main body is also 100% new tooling. I compared this to older versions and was stunned at how much work the put into this without mentioning the body. This body is night/day when you compare, this was much more than a simple upgrade:

- New Outer body with improved more accurate details including laser canons
- New Window/Frame
- We 1 piece canopy was been modified to fit the new body in a more realistic fashion.
- New Cockpit/Chair/Decals

The only thing that was the same are the wings which look great. while it's expensive I found this to be well worth the price. You will not be disappointed! (This has shaped up to be another Octapurra surprise hit)

I have bought two and may actually buy a Target Big Wing because it's that good. I am dumping all of my old Ties, there is no comparison. Think BMF vs the old Falcon, there is no going back.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2009, 02:17 AM »
Unfortunately the Target TIE's paintjob isn't really accurate, nor are the red windows...  I'd like to see a grey TIE Fighter with this new tool.  I'd gladly buy that.

i've not seen the Interceptor here yet.  I'd like one though.  I have a couple of the original POTJ ship I'll gladly keep, but I'd love this new one for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2009, 11:47 PM »
I was today at Akron-Cuyahoga Falls taking care of some bussiness, then went to TRU to take this pic, not sure if Rebelscum has some perfect review of it w photos.

here ya go:

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2009, 12:23 PM »
I saw these at TRU yesterday, I'm really on the fence for $50 - I could take it or leave it.  I wouldn't have hesitated much at $35, I just think a $50 spot is a bit much.

I might get over it eventually but won't lose any sleep if I pass on this.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2009, 10:56 PM »
Finally saw this earlier in the week, but couldn't go for it at $50.  Even $35 is a stretch for me - it's not that much more vehicle than the mid-size assortment at $20, though I guess you get a figure with it and they have to charge extra just because it's an "exclusive."  I'd pay $30, maybe $35 in a moment of weakness, but it's not a must have for me either.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today