Author Topic: TRU Legacy Collection TIE Interceptor  (Read 27767 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Legacy Collection TIE Interceptor
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2009, 11:42 AM »
Looks awesome in person. I'm in for one for sure, but if there should be a deal, I might pick up more.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2009, 06:47 PM »
With the Tie Interceptor coming soon I want to check it out again and noticed something I did not see before. I did not realize how detailed the cockpit is. I wonder if the SOTE Tie has this as well. I assume so as it has the same ejector seat. Pretty freaking cool!

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2009, 06:57 PM »
As far as I'm aware they share the same cockpit redo

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2009, 10:45 PM »
With the Tie Interceptor coming soon I want to check it out again and noticed something I did not see before. I did not realize how detailed the cockpit is. I wonder if the SOTE Tie has this as well. I assume so as it has the same ejector seat. Pretty freaking cool!

That's a purty red x you have there.   :)   Guess I have to frequent Yak more as they don't like the hotlinking thingy.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2009, 01:06 AM »

That's a purty red x you have there.   :)   Guess I have to frequent Yak more as they don't like the hotlinking thingy.

I did not know that was not allowed. Sorry Chewie. :'(
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 10:15 AM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2009, 10:14 AM »
As far as I'm aware they share the same cockpit redo

I'm pretty sure they are the same too. The looked it at Comic-con.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2009, 10:16 AM »
The pictures are back!!! :o

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2009, 07:43 PM »
I've recently joined this discussion board, though I've been a long time lurker on Jedi Defender and a regular poster on the Small Scale Headquarters military collecting website...  I've been a Star Wars fan and toy collector since the early 1980s ;)

Anyways, long story short, I found the new TRU exclusive TIE Interceptor at the Clovis, CA. TRU today 8)

My quick review:
The cockpit is entirely new tooling and the interior is great.  Very nicely detailed and largely accurate to the "actual" examples in the film.  Easily the most accurate TIE cockpit seen on any Hasbro TIE ship except perhaps the TIE Bomber.  The ejection seat is cool as is the instrument/control column.  The targeting screen on the control column is painted, though the control sticks are in a different configuration than seen in the film.  The lights and paneling on the cockpit walls are also detailed.  The pod has extendable chin guns and the correctly opening hatch.  The wings are not new toolings and are still date stamped "LFL 1983"!  The figure is also nice and has a removable helmet, like the TIE pilot in the Wal Mart evolutions pack.  The ship is painted in the overall blue-gray color, which I've heard is more accurate to the film than the solid gray.   

The only real stinker about the new TIE Interceptor is the price.  Mine rang up to $54.48 which is really a lot considering what all comes in the set (two wings, retooled cockpit pod, and figure).  Darned if I had not already used up my $10 off a $50 purchase card, but the TIE came out much, much earlier than I expected.  Nevertheless, I am happy with the ship and will highly recommend it ;D   
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2009, 09:00 PM »
Welcome to ...well you've been a lurker - so welcome to the wide world of posting!  Nice score!!  I'm probably passing on this, but I've got one of those shiny $10 off coupons too that I may use on the new Gunship when it shows up.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2009, 09:56 PM »

That's a purty red x you have there.   :)   Guess I have to frequent Yak more as they don't like the hotlinking thingy.

I did not know that was not allowed. Sorry Chewie. :'(

I don't have a problem with it, but it's not my call.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: October 1, 2009, 02:13 AM »
Interesting on the blue-grey color t-man, that's a shot in the arm to actually buy it now...  actually, to buy two, for me.  The price may inhibit that, but I think I'll aim for two anyway.

TIE Int's were only in ROTJ (though EU says otherwise), and so it's got the more blue-grey coloring seen in the later Star Wars movies.  In ANH they were all the light grey shade, but that was only for that film (Vader's TIE and basic TIE Fighters).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 1, 2009, 03:30 AM »
Just found one tonight-- it's really impressive.  The wings are the same old.  The body is totally redone-- you'll notice the screw holes are gone.  While the center pod looks similar to the old one, even the ejector buttons have been retooled.  It's basically a whole new middle, and extremely impressive with all the detail  you could hope for in a TIE Interceptor interior. The ejector seat has painted red light elements on it and a clip "seat belt," so it's really cool.  It's a crying shame they stopped short of making it a legitimate toy, with the ability to, you know, eject.  At $50 it's obviously meant to be a toy collectible, which makes me wonder why they don't just go the extra mile and drop the ejecting wings too.

...it is worth noting that this is simply the most gorgeous TIE Interceptor toy I've ever had the pleasure of owning, and I own many.

Neat, but the $50 price tag feels like we're paying an aftermarket price for a brand-new toy.  ROTJ vintage ones are as little as $40 with a box.  POTJ ones are around the same and can be had as low as $30.  The TAC "Elite" model is $30-$35.  $50 for the new one is a sign that we're absolutely able to expect the price to drop unless Hasbro dropped the run size on these significantly.  If all you want is a 3 3/4-inch TIE Interceptor, the collector market shockingly has cheaper options to offer.  Assuming you can deal with the stigma of a slightly older toy.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 1, 2009, 10:14 AM »
$50. Bummer. I guess that means I won't be getting both at once.  :P

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 1, 2009, 12:58 PM »
Price is really dictating my collecting these days. Scaling far back on my budget is one reason.

While the Interceptor is my favorite of the TIE series, I just can't justify $50 for one. Electronics and a tricked out cockpit might have helped this, along with a pilot figure. Still, $50 is a bit high.

I waited to get the Rebel TIE from EE and I'm glad I did. While it was still $40, that is better than $50, plus it's an exclusive and I got the Hobbie figure too.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 1, 2009, 01:22 PM »
Below are a few pictures I took of the Interceptor and posted on another forum to show off all the little details.  You can easily see the accurate color and new cockpit design, including controls, instruments, seat details, etc.  Yes the wings are still the old design, but they are accurate enough.  The pilot figure pictured is the one that came with the ship.  I think the new Interceptor is one of the best looking and most accurate TIE series fighters we have gotten to date.  It just looks right 8)

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D